Baseball

The cardboard cutouts are great, if only for moments like this:

The best part of this is that the cardboard puppy that got hit is actually Mets player Jeff O'Neill's dog, Willow.

I’m not the first to have this idea, but in the stadiums where they have the cutouts up they should definitely take down the netting and let the foul balls decapitate ”people.”

It's only $30 to be made a cutout for Mariners games. I am not even a Mariners fan but have considered it. It goes toward charity and if your cutout "catches" a foul ball they will send it to ya.
It had occurred to me before the season started that the teams will find interesting ways to distribute all the home run balls they’re going to have on hand.

Actually it looks like the NHL are just team logos over the seats, not advertising. With the fake crowd noise and the covering I think they've done a fantastic job personally.

Just saw these. I agree, I think they look awesome. Way better than these depressing empty stadiums in baseball.

Looks like now I have to wait for Saturday for the Phillies and I'll be on my way to vacation and won't get to see any games until the following week. The COVID era likes to dangle carrots in front of you and snatch them away at the last second.

Yep, according with what I was reading from Reds beatwriters, Davidson had a positive diagnosis but was from before these numbers. Moose and Senzel weren't feeling well, but I haven't seen news of a positive or negative diagnosis for either yet.

Moose and Senzel in the lineup tonight so guess they've tested negative enough times and/or feel better to be reinstated.

Moose and Senzel in the lineup tonight so guess they've tested negative enough times and/or feel better to be reinstated.
MLB is still maintaining no positive tests outside Miami since the season started. Phillies are starting every day testing "for the foreseeable future". Probably not a bad thing for every team to adopt for the time being if they want to keep this thing going.

MLB is still maintaining no positive tests outside Miami since the season started. Phillies are starting every day testing "for the foreseeable future". Probably not a bad thing for every team to adopt for the time being if they want to keep this thing going.
This should just be the league rule.

Back