Baseball

Fuck them all. Players slightly less than owners but they are both complicit. They just signed a billion dollar postseason deal with TNT. Rob Manfred should either grow a backbone or resign.

That's the thing though. Manfred is employed because the owners want him there to take all the heat. Manfred is only a puppet acting at the behest of the owners' greed.

I think I've said it before, but when Manfred was the Opening Day Parade grand marshall, I said I'd boo him if I went. He's been terrible for the game, and I thought Selig was a moron.

There is some conjecture online that him talking of cancelling the season is really just a bullshit stall tactic. As of right now they could still logistically hold a 75-100 game season like the players want so if they tried to force the mandatory 50 game season right now the Players could file a grievance with the league but if they fuck around long enough they won’t have that option any longer.

Ugh!

BASEBALL!!! 60 games spring training starts on July 1 season starts 3 weeks later and FINALLY a National League DH
I thought I was a purist but I'm increasingly more fine with the universal DH. Especially since the Phillies might be able to have Alec Bohm on opening day and have a position for a 38 year old Bryce Harper some day.

I thought I was a purist but I'm increasingly more fine with the universal DH. Especially since the Phillies might be able to have Alec Bohm on opening day and have a position for a 38 year old Bryce Harper some day.
I have always been an AL guy so I have always been uniform DH guy and they have teasing it for years. Supposedly it is only for this upcoming shortened season (so far) but after they open that can of worms I doubt they are gonna revert back in future seasons.

I have always been an AL guy so I have always been uniform DH guy and they have teasing it for years. Supposedly it is only for this upcoming shortened season (so far) but after they open that can of worms I doubt they are gonna revert back in future seasons.
Yeah. Apparently the players want it so I'd be shocked if it's not in the next CBA.

I'm interested to see the protocol for a positive test. It's in realistic to think that with that many players spread out over the country that there won't be a positive test eventually.
Also, if there is a team wide outbreak where 5 or 6 players on a team get it, what happens then? Do they shut the team down and then what happens to the those games? Are they made up like rain outs?

Back