Baseball

So how long do we think this experiment is going to last?

I thought I had also read somewhere that he wasn't with the team?

Here's my take...right or wrong. Under the protocols players are getting tested every other day and supposed to be following very strict guidelines. If there was no season I doubt they would all just be taking it easy at home so they'd still be at risk. At least with the team they are routinely monitored. A bunch of players tested positive away from their teams so it's not like playing the season is the only way a player has a chance to catch it. Now, if there's a major outbreak among a team that's a different story. But I would think a player testing positive here and there is unavoidable and almost expected. Season or no season.

Looks like 16 team playoffs is most likely happening. What's the point of playing a 60 game regular season when literally half the league makes the post season?
I prefer this due to the shortened season. It’s such a crapshoot anyhow any sort of slump and your team could be out of it super early this at least give everyone a bit of chance. The post season is a completely different animal any how. My preference for a long season is a smaller playoff but if the season is short to begin with then why the heck not.

They at least play 82 games ;).

I kind of liked the idea for this season that 2 or 3 wins could make all the difference In getting one of the few playoffs spots.
But it could possibly be that the top teams run away and everyone else is SOL. The expanded playoffs will be a good thing as long as they do a minimum of 3 game series. More Baseball is not a bad thing.

Last edited:
After watching both games last night, definitely prefer the empty seats. The cardboard cutouts are kind of weird and creepy. That's what the Phillies have decided to do so I'll see if it becomes less weird.

My usual fantasy baseball group decided to just skip this season because 1) the number of matchups would be so small and/or short that it'd be a crap shoot and 2) teams getting screwed by COVID

It hilarious the first player to have to sit out was my 1st rd pick, but I'm generally ok with the chaos for a distraction while I'm still working from home. We lowered our buy in from $100 to $50 and we upped IL spots to help deal with everything. Plus this league has a waiting list and I didn't want to lose my spot.

Did any of them take a knee during the anthem though? I was still working when the game started so I didn’t see but for the 2nd game I saw Mookie took a knee during the anthem (that’s when Bellinger and Muncy walked over and put their hands on Betts shoulder). Also, Kapler, Yazstremsky, and Sandoval (along with a few others) took a knee for the Giants during the Anthem.

Did any of them take a knee during the anthem though? I was still working when the game started so I didn’t see but for the 2nd game I saw Mookie took a knee during the anthem (that’s when Bellinger and Muncy walked over and put their hands on Betts shoulder). Also, Kapler, Yazstremsky, and Sandoval (along with a few others) took a knee for the Giants during the Anthem.

Good question! I was cooking dinner when the game started. 😁

Back