Baseball

Who are the Cardinals fans in here? Shall we start the light-and-just-for-fun ribbing now?

The Cardinals are the team that broke Drew Storen. They scare me. I can't seem to find how they played against each other this year. Anyone help me out?

I am a Rays fan due to living in Tampa since 6, but my first baseball game (and favorite team) has been the Cardinals since i can remember. My mom and her side of the family all were born/lived/are living there.

The NHL playoffs were great to me. After the Lightning blew it, I had the Blues who won the cup.

Hoping the Rays win tonight and beat the Yanks but am pulling for the Cardinals to make it to the WS as well

It looks like the Nats have opened as -120 favorites in Vegas.

Soto: 142 wRC+, 4.8 WAR
Robles: 91 wRC+, 2.5 WAR
Eaton: 107 wRC+, 2.3 WAR
Parra: 74 wRC+, -0.2 WAR (yikes)

Harper: 125 wRC+, 4.6 WAR

So, you're wrong - Soto/Robles/Harper is not significantly better than Soto/Eaton/Harper. Checkmate.
:LOL:

bWAR is much higher on Robles (4.1) and much lower on Eaton (1.6) than fWAR is! And I'd rather not have Harper or Eaton playing CF ;)

I actually like when the Cards are the underdogs. Even though they won their division and won the season series against the Nats 5-2 - winning both Scherzer games

This is how the last time they met in the postseason ended - aka "The Pete Kozma Game"

I actually like when the Cards are the underdogs. Even though they won their division and won the season series against the Nats 5-2 - winning both Scherzer games

This is how the last time they met in the postseason ended - aka "The Pete Kozma Game"

This is when they broke Drew Storen. I was there. It was painful. I've never witnessed a stadium full of people go from elated and noisy to deflated and silent so fast. It was surreal.

This is when they broke Drew Storen. I was there. It was painful. I've never witnessed a stadium full of people go from elated and noisy to deflated and silent so fast. It was surreal.

Yeah...down to one out...to out of the postseason is hard to take.

Pretty much what happened yesterday in the first inning in Atlanta....and last night in LA.

Hoping for the same thing in Houston tonight.

Cole is looking confident 😑

Also, I. Don't. Like. D'Arnaud.
Especially at the clean up spot.

As a Giants fan I take great pleasure in seeing the Dodgers choke in the playoffs.

That being said, I actually like Clayton Kershaw as a person and almost feel sorry for him.

Astros were very lucky to advance out of that series with the Rays. I mean that. We'll see how things go against the Yankees. Still don't really like the way the rotation lines up, but, maybe Greinke will surprise me and throw a game like he did in his last regular season start. I don't really know if he has enough emotional investment in his new club to say he'll feel more comfortable pitching at home than he did on the road in Tampa. Not a guy that is easy to read because he seems so detached from everything. I wonder how he is in that locker room, which, by all accounts, is a pretty close group.

Astros were very lucky to advance out of that series with the Rays. I mean that. We'll see how things go against the Yankees. Still don't really like the way the rotation lines up, but, maybe Greinke will surprise me and throw a game like he did in his last regular season start. I don't really know if he has enough emotional investment in his new club to say he'll feel more comfortable pitching at home than he did on the road in Tampa. Not a guy that is easy to read because he seems so detached from everything. I wonder how he is in that locker room, which, by all accounts, is a pretty close group.
Game 1 is a borderline must-win for the Yankees. If they can get a split in Houston they'll be in pretty good shape; if they drop both games with Cole looming for game 3 they'll be in real trouble. Nothing would make me happier than watching them mash up Verlander in game 2, but historically speaking that's unlikely (and unlike game 4 vs Tampa, he'll be on his regular dosage schedule...uh, I mean regular rest). Need to get to Greinke, if he shuts them down tomorrow this series could be over before it really starts.

Ray's pitcher Glasnow was tipping his pitches against the Astros.
That four run inning gave them the confidence... the Ray's never had a chance...
I'm heartbroken for Glasnow...

I'll say this, in the clip I saw on SportsCenter, he totally owned it. Also, without a hat, he looks a bit like Cillian Murphy, IMO.

I'll say this, in the clip I saw on SportsCenter, he totally owned it. Also, without a hat, he looks a bit like Cillian Murphy, IMO.

I mean, he kind of has no other option. It’s his fault lol
Yes he does! Damn that handsome devil!

I mean, he kind of has no other option. It’s his fault lol
Yes he does! Damn that handsome devil!

Well, I guess I was just impressed that his attitude about it coming off of a difficult loss wasn't to frame it as the opposing team was doing something they shouldn't do, or breaking one of the unwritten rules of baseball. He was very honest and straightforward with the media about it.

Well, I guess I was just impressed that his attitude about it coming off of a difficult loss wasn't to frame it as the opposing team was doing something they shouldn't do, or breaking one of the unwritten rules of baseball. He was very honest and straightforward with the media about it.

It's not illegal to notice tipped pitches, even in the unwritten. It's 'a' strategy that can be used, lore says that every pitcher has a tell, you just have to find it.
Still a bummer for him tho... especially in a postseason winner take all game

Back