August 2020 Challenge Thread - The Dog Days of Vinyl Playing

Day 6: Thor's Day

This is a bit on the nose, but it fits my own ongoing theme - and it's a really good score with a mix of synth and orchestral, but mostly synth.

Mark Mothersbaugh ‎– Thor: Ragnarok
Mondo ‎– MOND-190, 2017/2019

Pressed at GZ

XZBhBd.jpg

4poGN1.jpg

Last edited:
Day 5: Thor's Day

This is a bit on the nose, but it fits my own ongoing theme - and it's a really good score with a mix of synth and orchestral, but mostly synth.

Mark Mothersbaugh ‎– Thor: Ragnarok
Mondo ‎– MOND-190, 2017/2019

Pressed at GZ

XZBhBd.jpg

4poGN1.jpg

I had to send my Infinity War/Endgame soundtrack set back to Mondo, 3 of the discs had issues. Otherwise I would have used that today as well.

Been meaning to pick up Ragnorak too. It's a great soundtrack and I like the color scheme.

I had to send my Infinity War/Endgame soundtrack set back to Mondo, 3 of the discs had issues. Otherwise I would have used that today as well.

Been meaning to pick up Ragnorak too. It's a great soundtrack and I like the color scheme.

That box has been sitting here for a few days now....it took forever for them to ship my order out.

I guess I should play it soon to see if I have issues...what issues did you have?

That box has been sitting here for a few days now....it took forever for them to ship my order out.

I guess I should play it soon to see if I have issues...what issues did you have?

Lots of static/pops on Infinity War disc 1 even after cleaning, and some on Infinity War disc 2. Endgame Disc 1 had a few spots as well.

Mondo's support was very responsive - they had me send the whole set back and are sending out a new one.

Lots of static/pops on Infinity War disc 1 even after cleaning, and some on Infinity War disc 2. Endgame Disc 1 had a few spots as well.

Mondo's support was very responsive - they had me send the whole set back and are sending out a new one.

I've had a few good dealings with their support in the past, but never had to send anything back to them. But I'll be checking out my set later today.

Day 6 : Thor's Hammer

I had to break open the shrink wrap for this one. It was a long, long overdue play of Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins ~ Rabbit Fur Coat. Thematically it features The Charging Sky, one of the higher tempo offerings on the album and is a perfectly valid reason to spin one of my favorites

And it blinds you into fear and consuming and fight
And you've been in the desert underneath the charging sky
It's just you and god
But what if god's not there?
But his name is on your dollar bill
Which just became cab fare

IMG_20200806_132728.jpg

DAY 5
OUTER SPACE
Yves Tumor - Heaven to a Tortured Mind
This album feels very "spacey" to me, like there's a very other-worldly quality to it. References to stars and lights and asteroids definitely help. Who doesn't want to drift along in space to "Strawberry Privilege"? 🌠

Also this album is still just as great the hundredth time around. Really excited to see where Yves Tumor goes from here because this sets the bar astronomically (hehe) high.
20200806_171019.jpg

6 - Thunder

Got robbed of the Waxahatchee pick so went for the abstraction that thunder and lightning are epic. Speaking of we had sever flash floods like I have never seen tonight with deafening thunder and blinding lightning; can’t believe we kept power through it.

Sharon Van Etten - Epic

9900AFFF-EE48-4D1D-884A-AF8DB2C206D6.jpeg

Back