Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

Music Direct has listed a MoFi Ultraphono on eBay for auction or $349 buy it now until a bid is placed
And a StudioPhono for auction or $199 buy it now until a bid is placed
There's a bunch of stuff in their eBay store...

Last edited:
Music Direct has listed a MoFi Ultraphono on eBay for auction or $349 buy it now until a bid is placed
And a StudioPhono for auction or $199 buy it now until a bid is placed
There's a bunch of stuff in their eBay store...
Anyone have any insight into the typical Music Direct eBay listings? Think it's safe to assume this is typical to their open box items? I know I've seen people mention that open box items often appear new or very close to it. Seriously considering grabbing that StudioPhono if it stays around the $150 mark.

Anyone have any insight into the typical Music Direct eBay listings? Think it's safe to assume this is typical to their open box items? I know I've seen people mention that open box items often appear new or very close to it. Seriously considering grabbing that StudioPhono if it stays around the $150 mark.
I ordered an open box StudioPhono direct from MD. It was brand new as far as I could tell. This listing states 9/10 condition, I trust that is accurate. Good luck!

I also got an open box preamp from MD and it was as new as you could get to the naked eye.

Cool, thanks for the follow ups! Both my turntable and amp are from MD (purchased new), so I definitely trust them, I had just never paid much attention to their ebay listings before.

Last edited:
Music Direct has decided to jump on the Prime Day train. They have a lot of stuff on pretty aggressive sales right now, but these two really jumped out from the email. If anyone has been on the fence about select items, it's a good time to check if what you're looking for on on sale right now.
The speaker cables are tempting :)

Alright, who outbid me at the last second and stole the StudioPhono from me?!?!? SHOW YOURSELF!! :LOL:

What? You didn't win it? Whoever did got a freaking bargain for $157.50

Yeah, my fault really, I put a max bid of $155 and with no other bids on it I got kind of greedy and let it ride only to be outbid at the last second. Should have seen it coming!

To make it worse I see they now have an open box on their website at $240. So someone definitely got a great deal. Also makes me wonder a little why they had this one up on eBay for so much lower.

Yeah, my fault really, I put a max bid of $155 and with no other bids on it I got kind of greedy and let it ride only to be outbid at the last second. Should have seen it coming!

To make it worse I see they now have an open box on their website at $240. So someone definitely got a great deal. Also makes me wonder a little why they had this one up on eBay for so much lower.
If $155 was the maximum you were willing to pay, then so be it. They do have a coupon code, MD15, for 15% off open box items. That would bring the website price down to $204, which is still a good deal.

I think MD expected more interest and bidding. I hope this doesn't deter them from auctioning off more open box items.

If $155 was the maximum you were willing to pay, then so be it. They do have a coupon code, MD15, for 15% off open box items. That would bring the price down to $204, which is still a good deal.

I think MD expected more interest and bidding. I hope this doesn't deter them from auctioning off more open box items.

I was definitely willing to go higher, actually even considered the $199 buy it now but decided to risk it when there wasn't much action on it. But this story has a happy ending...I pulled the trigger on that open box one on their site with the discount about 20 minutes ago. Since I was willing to go a little higher anyway the $204 with discount code still feels like a great deal! :)

This is why I want to move to the U.S. @TCell !!! Just look at this deal! 😍😍😍

If it’s going to make you happy Nathan, you should move there. I don’t find cheaper audio equipment and records as a reason to move to a country that has different values than I do, but maybe it would work for you.

Back