Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

There any chance 2M blue, bronze, or black stylus replacements go on a big sale with black Friday coming up? Wouldn't mind upgrading to the bronze or black if it's super super cheap on a sale. Pipe dream is blue for $100

There any chance 2M blue or black stylus replacements go on a big sale with black Friday coming up? Wouldn't mind upgrading to the black if it's super super cheap on a sale. Pipe dream is blue for $100
i thought there was a real big sale from a seller recently on the blue...but i'm guessing that deal is long gone. not sure what the previous BF sales were from them.

i thought there was a real big sale from a seller recently on the blue...but i'm guessing that deal is long gone. not sure what the previous BF sales were from them.

Damn I missed it!

I don't "need" a new stylus yet but I'm sure it's coming. My current one seems fine for now

Best bet for a sale price even with international shipping?

Analogue seduction in the uk is usually the cheapest and their international shipping is very reasonable. Less than £10 for a cart. A few people have bought off them this year after I mentioned it. They’re also really sound guys whenever I’ve dealt with them.

If you look at the prices you pay the lower price shown below without VAT which their site will automatically take off in the basket once you choose US as the shipping destination.

If you want black or bronze you need the whole cartridge, they use an upgraded cartridge body as well as better styli.

Analogue seduction in the uk is usually the cheapest and their international shipping is very reasonable. Less than £10 for a cart. A few people have bought off them this year after I mentioned it. They’re also really sound guys whenever I’ve dealt with them.

If you look at the prices you pay the lower price shown below without VAT which their site will automatically take off in the basket once you choose US as the shipping destination.

If you want black or bronze you need the whole cartridge, they use an upgraded cartridge body as well as better styli.

Thanks!

No part of me wants to change a full cart. No thanks lol

Thanks!

No part of me wants to change a full cart. No thanks lol

They’re totally right but also as the fluance has a removable shell it is both: 1. Easier again to change it yourself; but also 2 lets you be massively lazy and buy one of the following…

Analogue seduction don’t offer this but thakker do. Again you pay the lower net price as it’s being expected outside the eu. Those prices do seem steep in comparison to the analogue seduction ones.

It’s really not that hard. Just takes a little time and patience. If I can do it, anyone can.

There's wires that need to be connected and things that need to be aligned. Sounds very difficult and a fuck up would damage the records and the stylus. Just sounds like a bad time

They’re totally right but also as the fluance has a removable shell it is both: 1. Easier again to change it yourself; but also 2 lets you be massively lazy and buy one of the following…

Analogue seduction don’t offer this but thakker do. Again you pay the lower net price as it’s being expected outside the eu. Those prices do seem steep in comparison to the analogue seduction ones.

This is interesting

There's wires that need to be connected and things that need to be aligned. Sounds very difficult and a fuck up would damage the records and the stylus. Just sounds like a bad time

This is interesting
I mean you still have to hook up cables and check alignment with a premounted one

I mean you still have to hook up cables and check alignment with a premounted one

You need to check the alignment of it with a protractor to be sure to be sure but no wires involved they’re already connected and the headshell screws on and off the tonearm.

This is interesting

It’s remarkably easy if you take your time and are patient. The only time I damaged a stylus was dusting, never come close to doing it mounting or dismounting a cartridge and as you have a removable headshell it’s so much easier than I’ve done because you can do it off the arm in a nice comfortable well lit area. I’m far from the most handy person in the world and I’ve don’t it 7 or 8 times now.

I broke my tonearm cables once doing it now it’s like disarming a bomb any time I do it
Haha! I've messed up a few of the small wires that connect directly to the cartridge over the years, usually when the damn things are soldered to the headshell and can't be easily replaced (at least not by me). So yeah, I hear ya.

Back