Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

I ripped the tone arm wires on my Pro-ject trying to take the cart off because of my muscular fingers.
I am not risking it.
giphy.gif

Those pro-ject wires are very very thin but doable even by fat fingers here with a bit of care.
My first table was a Pro-Ject and I still have PTSD from dealing with those little cobweb wires.

The UltraDeck has heftier wire with much beefier sleeves on the leads. It’s much, much easier to deal with if you’re not fortunate enough to have the hands of a watchmaker.

My first table was a Pro-Ject and I still have PTSD from dealing with those little cobweb wires.

The UltraDeck has heftier wire with much beefier sleeves on the leads. It’s much, much easier to deal with if you’re not fortunate enough to have the hands of a watchmaker.
Yea I broke my pro-ject ones. Glad to hear the UD is easier to change carts…

Those leads on the Pro-Ject are wildly thin. Never seen another table use those. The gauge on MoFi has to be like triple that!

I think the key is don’t ever touch wires themselves, only the plugs and I’ve found small plastic tweezers help too…

I’m totally breaking them when I mount the at in the new year now amn’t I….

I think the key is don’t ever touch wires themselves, only the plugs and I’ve found small plastic tweezers help too…

I’m totally breaking them when I mount the at in the new year now amn’t I….
The @Mather curse will get you and you will snap them dropping the needle later this evening. I assume I just resigned my table to being smashed by the guitar.

Back