Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

I know several people here have been looking at JBL L100 Classics. I saw this listing (no relation to me) and thought I’d share as it seems a good price with the stands included and low use.

I really want to get this for myself, but I need to wait

(my favorite part is how unamused he looks after finishing up that harrrrdest)

But yes, do it and join us over at The Sutherland Clubhouse.

(my favorite part is how unamused he looks after finishing up that harrrrdest)

But yes, do it and join us over at The Sutherland Clubhouse.

The window after I buy something and when it arrives is the worst for me. I got those Zu Dirty Weekend speakers a week or so ago, but ordered in early April. Oof, that was a long 10 weeks! Waiting to buy something is kind of enjoyable for me though. I get to research the thing, look at pics, read reviews, etc. It's the hobby within the hobby

The window after I buy something and when it arrives is the worst for me. I got those Zu Dirty Weekend speakers a week or so ago, but ordered in early April. Oof, that was a long 10 weeks! Waiting to buy something is kind of enjoyable for me though. I get to research the thing, look at pics, read reviews, etc. It's the hobby within the hobby
That's definitely the best way to go about it to ensure no buyer's remorse. Even after I order something, I tend to re-watch all the reviews nonstop.

The Jolida is in place. Gonna spend some time listening tomorrow.

Will probably run the stock tubes for now but am quietly eying some Gold Lions to swap in at the slightest sign of weakness.

The JoLida amps are well designed. If an output tube goes bad, it'll most likely blow the line fuse but unlike other tube amps (Rogue and Audio Research come to mind) there will be no collateral damage. Replace the tube(s) and the fuse and you'll be good to go.

We need pics too. What did your dad think?

The JoLida amps are well designed. If an output tube goes bad, it'll most likely blow the line fuse but unlike other tube amps (Rogue and Audio Research come to mind) there will be no collateral damage. Replace the tube(s) and the fuse and you'll be good to go.

We need pics too. What did your dad think?

He enjoyed it! He less enjoyed hauling it over to my place (I had it shipped to him as I was out of town last week).

It does seem like the variable output isn’t working consistently, and the volume pot feels like it needs a little lubrication, but the unit is in good shape otherwise. The remote is solid metal and could probably be used in self-defense.

Can hopefully give more thoughts later today once I’ve had time to spin some familiar records.

He enjoyed it! He less enjoyed hauling it over to my place (I had it shipped to him as I was out of town last week).

It does seem like the variable output isn’t working consistently, and the volume pot feels like it needs a little lubrication, but the unit is in good shape otherwise. The remote is solid metal and could probably be used in self-defense.

Can hopefully give more thoughts later today once I’ve had time to spin some familiar records.

I wonder if the variable output could just be a bad solder connection? JoLida HQ is in your neck of the woods. I'd bet you could drive it over to one of their techs if need be.

I wonder if the variable output could just be a bad solder connection? JoLida HQ is in your neck of the woods. I'd bet you could drive it over to one of their techs if need be.

Yep, gonna play with it a bit, and email them if it looks to be an issue.

Also, turns out the ARC has top-mounted EZ-Bias LEDs, which is nice. I was concerned the bias pots would be bottom-mounted, as they apparently were with the jd-801a.

Yep, gonna play with it a bit, and email them if it looks to be an issue.

Also, turns out the ARC has top-mounted EZ-Bias LEDs, which is nice. I was concerned the bias pots would be bottom-mounted, as they apparently were with the jd-801a.

And if you have the EZ Bias lights you don't need a meter. That's really cool.

Hi forum folks. I'm gonna buy a Debut Carbon Espirit soon. I've been looking at it on and off for like a year and a half and it's always $599. Is there any way to finagle a lower price or possibly a better cartridge than the Ortofon 2m Red? No biggie if not there's a place close to me Needle Doctor and i think the guy who runs it or at least who works there was somewhat active on the old forum a long time ago. Seems i can't go wrong there

Hi forum folks. I'm gonna buy a Debut Carbon Espirit soon. I've been looking at it on and off for like a year and a half and it's always $599. Is there any way to finagle a lower price or possibly a better cartridge than the Ortofon 2m Red? No biggie if not there's a place close to me Needle Doctor and i think the guy who runs it or at least who works there was somewhat active on the old forum a long time ago. Seems i can't go wrong there

The red is factory fitted and is the only option pro-jest offer. Turntable lab (I think) do an upgraded version your side of the ocean with a blue and a few other bits but is more money.

It’s a kind of ok deal. You could buy a blue stylus from Europe

£95 inc delivery ($120)

And the official clamp designed for the table

For not much more money

There have been a few sales and open box ones of it posted on here by people in the past few months so it’s just all about keeping your eyes peeled!

Back