Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

Hi forum folks. I'm gonna buy a Debut Carbon Espirit soon. I've been looking at it on and off for like a year and a half and it's always $599. Is there any way to finagle a lower price or possibly a better cartridge than the Ortofon 2m Red? No biggie if not there's a place close to me Needle Doctor and i think the guy who runs it or at least who works there was somewhat active on the old forum a long time ago. Seems i can't go wrong there
How does $490 for a black demo at audioadvisor grab you?

Fuuuuck man cards on the table daddyfatsnax was supposed to lose 15 lbs and then Mrs snax was going to reward him with splitting the cost of the Espirit but it's late and I have had some (e)spirits and i think im just gonna fuckin do it and deal with the consequences (BUT OF COURSE IM GOING TO BE A HEALTHIER ME) pray for me.

also thanks so much for the link i really do appreciate it!

Analogue seduction are having a clear out of all their old display/demo/backstock stuff at the moment. There are some pretty good deals on amongst other things:

Ultra Deck with Ultratracker
Q Acoustics Concept 500
A few old line Prima Lunas (all below the HP model).

Its probably worth a comb through if you’re in the U.K./Ireland and maybe even mainland Europe and looking for some new gear...

Analogue seduction are having a clear out of all their old display/demo/backstock stuff at the moment. There are some pretty good deals on amongst other things:

Ultra Deck with Ultratracker
Q Acoustics Concept 500
A few old line Prima Lunas (all below the HP model).

Its probably worth a comb through if you’re in the U.K./Ireland and maybe even mainland Europe and looking for some new gear...
Dang, I just took a glance and they have an Aries Mini in there. I'm tempted to get that just because they never come up here. Hmmmm....

*Edit: Just kidding, looks like they can only distribute to the UK for the Mini. Someone jump on this!

Last edited:
Dang, I just took a glance and they have an Aries Mini in there. I'm tempted to get that just because they never come up here. Hmmmm....

*Edit: Just kidding, looks like they can only distribute to the UK for the Mini. Someone jump on this!

Yeah it’s very tempting as if I just buy a HD too it’d be a fair bit cheaper than a NUC and Roon...

🤔🤔🤔

Yeah it’s very tempting as if I just buy a HD too it’d be a fair bit cheaper than a NUC and Roon...

🤔🤔🤔
Is it end game for digital... probably not. Is it one of the best values in streaming... yup. Biggest sell point is that it scales up well if you're only using it as a transport to a higher end DAC.

It's got some little quirks, but it's worth considering if you're looking to get into streaming.

Is it end game for digital... probably not. Is it one of the best values in streaming... yup. Biggest sell point is that it scales up well if you're only using it as a transport to a higher end DAC.

It's got some little quirks, but it's worth considering if you're looking to get into streaming.

I’m in streaming tbh. I have my pi & hifiberry digi with Volumio plugged into my dac.

I’m debating where to go next. I’m likely to get Qobuz when my phone contract (and free Spotify) ends. I want something that will work with Qobuz and my files off the bat and integrates them as seamlessly as possible.

My pi/hifiberry can be a roon endpoint and a NUC would be a perfect server and seems like the most seemless merging of streaming/files. But then this could be cheaper...

Last edited:
I’m in streaming tbh. I have my pi & hifiberry digi with Volumio plugged into my dad.

I’m debating where to go next. I’m likely to get Qobuz when my phone contract (and free Spotify) ends. I want something that will work with Qobuz and my files off the bat and integrates them as seamlessly as possible.

My pi/hifiberry can be a roon endpoint and a NUC would be a perfect server and seems like the most seemless merging of streaming/files. But then this could be cheaper...
Just do your homework when the time comes, and decide on your deal breakers. Qobuz might be a deal breaker on some units. If you ever want to try out Tidal, MQA might be a deal breaker.

The one thing I will say is do your homework, and talk to people in the Dark Side/Digital thread.

Decide if the unit works best as a single unit, or if it works well as a single unit solution. For example, I have a Cambridge CXN, which is perfect for my current needs. Works as a single solution, works with Android, works with Tidal and Spotify. Checks all my boxes. It has the capabilities to be a transport to an external DAC, but that isn't really where it shines. It's simply not going to scale up as well serving as a transport. It also doesn't do DSD or MQA. So the right solution for me isn't the right solution for everyone. I'm also not messing with servers, which is a big deal for some.

Just like a TT, pick your deal breakers, pick your priorities, set your budget, and then find the right solution for you.

Just do your homework when the time comes, and decide on your deal breakers. Qobuz might be a deal breaker on some units. If you ever want to try out Tidal, MQA might be a deal breaker.

The one thing I will say is do your homework, and talk to people in the Dark Side/Digital thread.

Decide if the unit works best as a single unit, or if it works well as a single unit solution. For example, I have a Cambridge CXN, which is perfect for my current needs. Works as a single solution, works with Android, works with Tidal and Spotify. Checks all my boxes. It has the capabilities to be a transport to an external DAC, but that isn't really where it shines. It's simply not going to scale up as well serving as a transport. It also doesn't do DSD or MQA. So the right solution for me isn't the right solution for everyone. I'm also not messing with servers, which is a big deal for some.

Just like a TT, pick your deal breakers, pick your priorities, set your budget, and then find the right solution for you.

Oh yeah I know! I won’t be changing my DAC that’s for sure the PS is an excellent DAC (it’s also my pre-amp!) that does DSD and has i2s, coax, opt & usb and is capable of decoding upto 32 bit. I really like its sound and it’s staying. I also have my CD player and it’ll do, connecting by coax to the DAC has massively improved it (even if it’s taken away it’s SACD capabilities).

I’m solely looking into something for streaming/files to plug into it right now and the more versatile and integrated the better!

Oh yeah I know! I won’t be changing my DAC that’s for sure the PS is an excellent DAC (it’s also my pre-amp!) that does DSD and has i2s, coax, opt & usb and is capable of decoding upto 32 bit. I really like its sound and it’s staying. I also have my CD player and it’ll do, connecting by coax to the DAC has massively improved it (even if it’s taken away it’s SACD capabilities).

I’m solely looking into something for streaming/files to plug into it right now and the move versatile and integrated the better!
If you're happy with the DAC, look for a pure streamer. This is where the Mini would work nicely for you. It can fully pass DSD to your Stellar via the USB out. You won't find that pretty much anywhere else under $1000. But I don't know if it does Qobuz, so possible deal breaker for you. The app/software would be a big consideration as well. The Lumin U1 Mini would be on my endgame list if I was looking today.

Yeah I knoe
If you're happy with the DAC, look for a pure streamer. This is where the Mini would work nicely for you. It can fully pass DSD to your Stellar via the USB out. You won't find that pretty much anywhere else under $1000. But I don't know if it does Qobuz, so possible deal breaker for you. The app/software would be a big consideration as well. The Lumin U1 Mini would be on my endgame list if I was looking today.

This is true but my pi is a streamer already.

So that’s why I’m thinking either something like the Mini & a hard drive to store files on, bin the pi; or

A NUC as a roon core and use my existing pi as a roon endpoint...

Both the mini and roon are Qobuz compatible. The roon is more integrated as it allows you to mix both steaming and files under the artist rather than both sources being separated out, the mini is probably a better bit of hardware than the pi but then lacks the flexibility of a pi + NUC.

I’m in streaming tbh. I have my pi & hifiberry digi with Volumio plugged into my dac.

I am a new Aries Mini owner and I quite like it so far. And being able to connect Qobuz/Tidal and Roon with it in the future if I decide to go that route is very intriguing. Plus the ability to bypass the DAC and adding an internal HD...it seems very versatile for the price and I like the upgradability.

I am a new Aries Mini owner and I quite like it so far. And being able to connect Qobuz/Tidal and Roon with it in the future if I decide to go that route is very intriguing. Plus the ability to bypass the DAC and adding an internal HD...it seems very versatile for the price and I like the upgradability.

Oh yeah I completely get it’s appeal and features I’m just in the process of trying to decide whether to go for it, being pretty much a better version of what I currently have or to expand what I do have with a NUC and roon being better software. Luckily i have a few months to make my mind up 😀

Back