Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

Was wondering...thanks. I dont necessarily need another player( have uturn and at 120) but figured I’d ask:)

The issue with that table is the arm. It's designed so that beginners can set it up easily. It's got a bump stop on the arm tube. You spin the counterweight until it hits the bump stop. This sets the tracking force correctly for the included Rega branded cartridge. It makes for very easy setup.

The Rega Carbon cartridge is a rebranded $20 Audio Technica. If you want a better cartridge down the road, there's no guarantee you'll be able to set the tracking force correctly. The counterweight may hit the bump stop depending on the weight of the cartridge and specified tracking force.

I must ask, how are you liking that Platinum so far? I see it's good enough for your profile pic!

I'm really liking it a lot. It's big and clumsy looking but sounds amazing. It's extremely quiet as far as groove noise. It's great as far as not accentuating surface noise. It's very well balanced top to bottom and is more refined and detailed than the Prestige series.

When the stylus is worn on this one, I'll either get another or possibly move up the line.

Back