Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

Not a deal, per se, but this looks to be a sweet resto-mod Marantz 2275 if people are looking for one that’s turnkey.

Not a deal, per se, but this looks to be a sweet resto-mod Marantz 2275 if people are looking for one that’s turnkey.

Looks good except the tuning dial light is out.

With the pound/dollar exchange rate likely to be in flux over the coming six months -- some a range from 1.05 to the current 1.22, heavy outliers at breaking the 1.05 ---

Anyone have experience with buying from a UK dealer, shipping to the US. Does customs make it a fiasco?

With the pound/dollar exchange rate likely to be in flux over the coming six months -- some a range from 1.05 to the current 1.22, heavy outliers at breaking the 1.05 ---

Anyone have experience with buying from a UK dealer, shipping to the US. Does customs make it a fiasco?

I've purchased from both the U.K. and Germany and have never been hit by customs.

Good news, everyone! On August 13th, take 20% off everything at Fluance.com with coupon code FLUANCE20

The bad news? The RT85, RT84 and RT83 turntables are still out of stock

Seems to be a common theme.........guess they cant build them fast enough.

I mean...it comes with "standard ceramic cartridge"!
That's the thing that amazes me. It's the exact same idea as a Gramavox and yet the execution is just so much crappier (with the Gramavox not exactly being an amazing option to begin with) and yet it's going to bring in so much money.

This is the real problem with things like this.......
Gramovox:
1565698401363.png

You would think that if your smart enough to wonder onto Kickstarter you're smart enough to use Google search and find a real turntable from an established company that will be there to at least supply you with a part if needed.

........but then again, there are vinyl "aficionado's" who pay out the nose for albums that are still available on artist sites at standard pricing, so what do I know, lol

That said the mag lev people still seem to be going from strength to strength selling a table with a debut carbon tonearm and a worse cartridge for double the price of the pro-ject because making the platter levitate is cool, but costs money...

That said the mag lev people still seem to be going from strength to strength selling a table with a debut carbon tonearm and a worse cartridge for double the price of the pro-ject because making the platter levitate is cool, but costs money...

Actually scratch that I was still going off their kickstarter table that was £1000. They’re actually now charging nearer £2500 for the production version...

It’s does have a better tonearm now 9cc rather than the one off the debut but £2500 should buy you more than that and an OM10, a lot more...

Actually scratch that I was still going off their kickstarter table that was £1000. They’re actually now charging nearer £2500 for the production version...

It’s does have a better tonearm now 9cc rather than the one off the debut but £2500 should buy you more than that and an OM10, a lot more...
While cool to see it work, having a "high end" table that wobbles like the mag Lev does is awful and, unless something has changed, the table comes with a pretty detailed warning telling you not to operate it for too long....

This is the real problem with things like this.......
Gramovox:
View attachment 14181

You would think that if your smart enough to wonder onto Kickstarter you're smart enough to use Google search and find a real turntable from an established company that will be there to at least supply you with a part if needed.

........but then again, there are vinyl "aficionado's" who pay out the nose for albums that are still available on artist sites at standard pricing, so what do I know, lol
Yeah I didn't even realize they weren't selling them anymore. Now I'm curious what happened to that abomination that was a turntable with a bluetooth "gramaphone" speaker and include 3D projections and a wireless phone charger.

Back