1st Annual N&G 31 Days of Halloween (2019)

6. Train to Busan (2016) πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
Wow. I held off on this one for a while since I figured I didn’t need yet another zombie movie. Bad call, as it turns out this one is incredible. On par with the best in my opinion (best being OG Dawn of the Dead and 28 Days Later).

32 - The Haunting of Hill House (2018) πŸ’€ πŸ’€ πŸ’€

Since I have been sick the last couple days I was able to power through all the episodes...

This was better than I thought it was going to be. I'm not really a huge "ghost story" "haunted house" type of horror fan, but was willing to give this a try - I can't keep all the recent "A Haunting of ...." movies straight. Also...from the director of "Oculus" and "Ouija: Origin of Evil" didn't really do much for me. (not that they aren't good, but they really aren't movies I watch) - although "Gerald's Game" was pretty good.

I think the time jumps take a little to get used to, but overall it was a good story and well acted by the kids and grownups.

Episode 6 - "2 Storms" is worth a watch as they did a great job with multiple long takes. (video below)

giphy.gif

So... week before last some time we watched The Shining (1980) still one of the best of all time.

Last weekend we watched Happy Death Day 2U (2019) did not like this as much as the original, but it was still entertaining.

last week we watched Dracula (1958). Christopher Lee was great. The rest of the movie was a bore.

Friday Night we watched Hocus Pocus (1993),my wife loves this movie.

last night we watched Eli (2019) - I really enjoyed The Others in a hospital aspect of this one. It genuinely builds some tension, but the ending is like The Cabin in The Woods and just feels like a joke more than a resolution of the story.

Tonight we watched In the Tall Grass (2019) a real mind fuck of a movie. This is the first one we’ve watched this year that I would recommend.

10/20

33 - Scream 2 (1997) πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
34 - Scream 3 (2000) πŸ’€ πŸ’€

Neither were near as good as the original, but still were decent continuations of the story. Scream 3 gets a little convoluted and the cameos are a bit eye-rolling.

(I watched part 1 recently before I started listing all these movies.)

tumblr_mgj180KTlg1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Last edited:
10/20

35 - Cheerleader Massacre (2003) πŸ’€

A barely watchable "sequel" to the The Slumber Party Massacre movies. (at least the first one - with a thrown in flashback from a character that died - and no it doesn't make any sense.) Shot on a camcorder by the looks of it.

(couldn't find a gif)

Last edited:
10/17
16 The Haunting of Hill House (2019), ep 4
πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
Now it finally seems to be going somewhere

17 Twilight Zone: β€œNightmare at 20,000 feet” (1963)
πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
An episode so good they remake it upon nearly every Twilight Zone reboot. But I don’t think any of them top the original. William Shatner is perfect as the paranoid passenger.

7. Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982) πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€1/2
I love this movie. There's no Michael Myers. The plot is ridiculous and nothing makes sense - they punt on explaining pretty much anything. Still, the acting is decent, the pacing is good, and there's no other movie even remotely like this. The ending is pretty much perfect. Oh, and it features the best of the John Carpenter (w/ Alan Howarth) synth scores. Not the most iconic, but the best IMO.

10/21
21 Happy Death Day (2017)
πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
First time seeing this yesterday and I was highly entertained. Not scary at all but I don’t think that was the point. I think even the hubs could tolerate it (he hates scary movies).

I've been meaning to watch this sometime...I'll try to check it out. Looks like I can stream it on HBO.

Ready for watching tonight...

20191023_143335 (2).jpg
20191023_143352 (2).jpg

This is the limited Steelbook 2 Blu-Ray + CD soundtrack release...

It is the same as reviewed here...

Back