You Want How Much?!

Tool is releasing Fear Innoculum on vinyl 3 years after the original release date. It is a 5xLP box set. Each disc is single sided with an etching on the back. They are selling signed copies at their merch table for, I shit you not, $810. Ha ha. Yeah, ok Maynard...

View attachment 129693
I know someone who got one. šŸ¤ÆšŸ˜³

I really don't get where Tool is with how they treat vinyl releases. One could say that with this $810 price tag they are just looking for cash...then if that was the case they would constantly be releasing their stuff in various forms and variants all the time.

Instead we essentially not getting anything...and then they do something like this. Signed or not, $810 is just crazy...and a 5 LP single sided release would make for a horrible listening experience.

They know fans just want regular releases, and they would make easy money doing so, but they go and do something like this.

That being said, it's nice to know that plates have been made, so it wouldn't be too difficult to make a 3 LP set - with a single sided 3rd LP to have a "basic" release of the album.

I expect this deluxe set in April will still be the 5 LP set - and cost about 200 bucks.

And I know I'll probably still buy it.

Last edited:
I really don't get where Tool is with how they treat vinyl releases. One could say that with this $810 price tag they are just looking for cash...then if that was the case they would constantly be releasing their stuff in various forms and variants all the time.

Instead we essentially not getting anything...and then they do something like this. Signed or not, $810 is just crazy...and a 5 LP single sided release would make for a horrible listening experience.

They know fans just want regular releases, and they would make easy money doing so, but they go and do something like this.

They have always been master trollers.

That being said, it's nice to know that plates have been made, so it wouldn't be too difficult to make a 3 LP set - with a single sided 3rd LP to have a "basic" release of the album.

I expect this deluxe set in April will still be the 5 LP set - and cost about 200 bucks.

I just can't see myself dropping three figures on a Tool album, no matter how much I love the fuckers.

If they were to release a vinyl version of Salival I would at least consider doing so.

Yeah, me too.

The $810 is a weird flex, but honestly, there are always going to be stupid expensive souvenirs for those with wealth to enjoy.

Speaking of which... how are those Beatles mono box sets doing these days?

The $810 is a weird flex, but honestly, there are always going to be stupid expensive souvenirs for those with wealth to enjoy.

Speaking of which... how are those Beatles mono box sets doing these days?
tbf, you get like 14 albums in that box for $1200~ second hand. $800 for 5xLP and only one album's worth of music is taking the piss

Back