You Want How Much?!

God tier grift right here. Downright commendable, really…
They do have fairly good reviews but who knows.

It reminds me of a pizza place near me. They charge $35 for a plain pizza. Not even that big, like 12-14” only. They only post on Instagram and you have to call in your order for takeout. They claim to have good pizza because they import water from NYC or something and that’s supposed to make it really good. I’m sure it’s fine, but I can’t in good conscience pay that much for a basic pizza. I’d forever be unable to look past the price.

Same with this service, maybe they do sound good, but the cost is just too much that it’s not worth it.

here's one for y'all. Beatles in Mono BOOK ONLY:
What the literal F*ck? You're correct, @spilledleche - that is level of grift there. Buy a box set and start breaking down for pieces. Cripes. I should let them know that I have an Obi they might be interested in!

They do have fairly good reviews but who knows.

It reminds me of a pizza place near me. They charge $35 for a plain pizza. Not even that big, like 12-14” only. They only post on Instagram and you have to call in your order for takeout. They claim to have good pizza because they import water from NYC or something and that’s supposed to make it really good. I’m sure it’s fine, but I can’t in good conscience pay that much for a basic pizza. I’d forever be unable to look past the price.

Same with this service, maybe they do sound good, but the cost is just too much that it’s not worth it.
Water from NYC would not necessarily be a selling point for me. Now, water from your local in Vermont? Maaaaybe

Water from NYC would not necessarily be a selling point for me. Now, water from your local in Vermont? Maaaaybe
It's not about if the water is "pristine" (I'm guessing thats what you're getting at with VT?). I think it's just about the taste the water gives. I grew up in southern CT (about an hour from NYC). New Haven, CT has a famous type of pizza called "apizza". One of the more famous New Haven institutions, Pepe's, expanded out from New Haven over the last couple of decades. When they first opened other locations outside of New Haven, people made the same claims about the taste. I heard rumors they brought in water from New Haven. I don't know if that's true but honestly their location near my folks is worth going to - 30 min closer than the original in New Haven and no stupid waits.

It's not about if the water is "pristine" (I'm guessing thats what you're getting at with VT?). I think it's just about the taste the water gives. I grew up in southern CT (about an hour from NYC). New Haven, CT has a famous type of pizza called "apizza". One of the more famous New Haven institutions, Pepe's, expanded out from New Haven over the last couple of decades. When they first opened other locations outside of New Haven, people made the same claims about the taste. I heard rumors they brought in water from New Haven. I don't know if that's true but honestly their location near my folks is worth going to - 30 min closer than the original in New Haven and no stupid waits.
My daughter and I were driving from New York to Boston and we stopped at Pepe's in New Haven (somehow she knew about it). As a New York native myself, I can say with certainty that Pepe's fame is well deserved! (We called ahead :D.)

That’s funny because I grew up and am originally from Central CT, moved to VT 6 years ago. I’m a firm believer that New Haven has the best pizza in the world. I don’t know if it’s water or something else but brick oven pizza just tastes better than any other kind of pizza. It’s also the style as well. There’s places that claim to do brick oven up here but it’s just not the same. They don’t slightly burn the crust and it’s too classic and not rustic enough.

My daughter and I were driving from New York to Boston and we stopped at Pepe's in New Haven (somehow she knew about it). As a New York native myself, I can say with certainty that Pepe's fame is well deserved! (We called ahead :D.)
If you ever make it through there again, try Sally's. It was our preferred place (Frank Sinatra's too!; don't get me wrong, Pepe's is great too). But Sally's is smaller and was always a MUCH longer wait (not sure what's it's like these days, as I probably haven't been there in 20+ years). It is also on Wooster, literally right down the road from Pepe's. In fact, it was opened by Frank Pepe's nephew in the 1930's.

If you ever make it through there again, try Sally's. It was our preferred place (Frank Sinatra's too!; don't get me wrong, Pepe's is great too). But Sally's is smaller and was always a MUCH longer wait (not sure what's it's like these days, as I probably haven't been there in 20+ years). It is also on Wooster, literally right down the road from Pepe's. In fact, it was opened by Frank Pepe's nephew in the 1930's.
I’ve been to Sally’s, Pepe’s, Modern, BAR, but my all time favorite is Pizza at the Brick Oven. Ignore the negative reviews on google since they’re mostly for takeout. Go eat there in person and there’s never any wait. I think I value time, money and convenience and taste. PATBO does it all

This is pretty interesting - haven't heard of this alternative cover. Sealed. Mint. For $219,999.99. Equally interesting is that there are almost 400 people watching this sale.

NYC surprisingly has some of the best tap water in the US amongst metropolitan cities. The water comes from the Catskills. People say that’s why NYC bagels are the best too. So you see places in DC that say they make bagels using NYC tap water .

NYC surprisingly has some of the best tap water in the US amongst metropolitan cities. The water comes from the Catskills. People say that’s why NYC bagels are the best too. So you see places in DC that say they make bagels using NYC tap water .
Speaking of bagels....I didn't know that there is a whole thing around, like, "heritage" starter yeasts. The wife and I went to a fabulous restaurant in Vegas (did their tasting menu and a bunch of great drinks and the bill was, um....steep). The waitress began by assuring us that they had sourced a new starter yeast from Europe to make their bread, as the yeast they had long been using had "died" (is that the right term?) during the downtime of COVID. It was really good bread, but I didn't know lineage yeast was a thing. I guess it makes sense since it's an organism. Learn new things all the time, I guess.

This is pretty interesting - haven't heard of this alternative cover. Sealed. Mint. For $219,999.99. Equally interesting is that there are almost 400 people watching this sale.

“It is PERFECT MINT, with not one single flaw. There is a small drill hole in the cover, put there by Capitol so that it could not be sold in stores.”

Contradicting themselves here. Mint means flawless.

Last edited:
Everything here

God tier grift right here. Downright commendable, really…

oh god, down this rabbit hole again.

You know, i've always said that record collecting really is one or two whales away from destroying the competitive balance in your area. One time my local in Bham obtained a lovely, single nurse at UAB as a customer. This girl basically ran through the bulk of every new arrival in the crates for months- didn't matter she would just buy 20-25 records at a time. The rest of us had to pick over the ones she left in her wake. Ever crate dug in Nashville? Forget it.

I guess what I'm saying is, we think records are expensive but in comparison to other hobbies like art, bourbon/wine, GOLF. boating, etc it's comparatively not and someone with a buncha disposable income can just buy everything they want and not blink.

So the guy at Better Records figured this out and set up this grift to sell to specifically those people. He's full of shit and he knows it. But he doesn't care because he isn't selling to anyone on this board- he is selling to a doctor or lawyer a copy they can play for their doctor/lawyer/stripper friends on their $20,000 soundsystem they bought all at once and talk about how it's the best sounding copy on the planet. Hell, they probably even brag about how much it cost them.

Back