You Want How Much?!

and that's still too much to pay for it!
I've had good luck with Waxtime pressings. They are always pressed really well, come in poly-lined sleeves, and sound pretty decent for the price. I understand it is likely just a CD pressed to vinyl, but for OOP titles, or other titles that are so expensive (e.g., some old Blue Notes), I've grabbed a few WT pressings to tide me over until I can find something better. Hank Mobley's Workout for example. Yeah, I want the AP 2xLP, but cant drop $175 on it on the secondary market. So I have the WT for $10. But buying this Ballads pressing makes no sense (even when not considering the eBay listing price), since it was just reissued. But maybe buying WT pressings make no sense either. I should probably just buy the CD.

I've had good luck with Waxtime pressings. They are always pressed really well, come in poly-lined sleeves, and sound pretty decent for the price. I understand it is likely just a CD pressed to vinyl, but for OOP titles, or other titles that are so expensive (e.g., some old Blue Notes), I've grabbed a few WT pressings to tide me over until I can find something better. Hank Mobley's Workout for example. Yeah, I want the AP 2xLP, but cant drop $175 on it on the secondary market. So I have the WT for $10. But buying this Ballads pressing makes no sense (even when not considering the eBay listing price), since it was just reissued. But maybe buying WT pressings make no sense either. I should probably just buy the CD.
haha yea I was kinda kidding...but I do just listen to streaming for titles like that if i can't find a reasonably priced copy elsewhere. i know its fun to have something physical to spin but i have just run out of room on my shelves for the most part. I have one and a half expedit cubes left in my current storage.

I went on an AP spending spree on ebay a few years ago and picked up a lot luckily for decent prices (compared to what they are going for now). but i'm always scouring ebay for stuff that is incorrectly listed or take chances on items that might be a different pressing to what people think. it's how i was lead to that crazy listing haha

haha yea I was kinda kidding...but I do just listen to streaming for titles like that if i can't find a reasonably priced copy elsewhere. i know its fun to have something physical to spin but i have just run out of room on my shelves for the most part. I have one and a half expedit cubes left in my current storage.

I went on an AP spending spree on ebay a few years ago and picked up a lot luckily for decent prices (compared to what they are going for now). but i'm always scouring ebay for stuff that is incorrectly listed or take chances on items that might be a different pressing to what people think. it's how i was lead to that crazy listing haha
I wonder how many times our paths cross during random ebay searches?

I wonder how many times our paths cross during random ebay searches?
i like to purposefully spell band or artist names incorrectly to see if i can find any deals. it's worked out pretty well in the past. it's how i got 2 VG+ early pressings of A Love Supreme for a total of $11 shipped a few years ago. searched for "coltrain bundle"

i like to purposefully spell band or artist names incorrectly to see if i can find any deals. it's worked out pretty well in the past. it's how i got 2 VG+ early pressings of A Love Supreme for a total of $11 shipped a few years ago. searched for "coltrain bundle"
Don’t give away all your secrets. 😜

LOL that's one of the searches I use all the time, too. I once picked up a sweet Thelonious Monk lot of three early press albums for a criminal price. The seller only posted photos of one of the albums - but I read the description and it listed the other two.

There are still bargains out there, but they are harder and harder to find. A couple of weeks ago I did find a NM/NM Audio Fidelity pressing of Louis Armstrongs' "Satchmo Plays King Oliver" for $20.

But again, it doesn't happen very often any more.

1647029991138.png

Huge joblot of Records - £2,500

If you're going to pretend this is some kind of treasure trove of rare and valuable vinyl at least put a minimum effort toward showing you know how to take care of your collection. Otherwise, all you're saying is, "Here's a couple stacks of crap vinyl I'd like you to take off my hands so I don't have to walk them to the trash."

Back