You Want How Much?!

Guess who's back?

Just $3,999.99 (or approx. $100/LP)
Whaaaaat? He said the last time was the only time these would be offered. Funny how zero bids on your ridiculous ask can change the terms.

Last edited:
Nope ... was $4,499.99 last time.

Now only $3,999.99! With less attitude!

Bargain. I wonder if you could buy his entire collection in one go for $65k 🤔

It's not about if the water is "pristine" (I'm guessing thats what you're getting at with VT?). I think it's just about the taste the water gives. I grew up in southern CT (about an hour from NYC). New Haven, CT has a famous type of pizza called "apizza". One of the more famous New Haven institutions, Pepe's, expanded out from New Haven over the last couple of decades. When they first opened other locations outside of New Haven, people made the same claims about the taste. I heard rumors they brought in water from New Haven. I don't know if that's true but honestly their location near my folks is worth going to - 30 min closer than the original in New Haven and no stupid waits.
In NOLA, we make French bread unlike anything I have tasted anywhere else. My father used to tell me that it was because of the humidity. I heard something similar when I went to San Francisco. We, of course, got sourdough bread and they said that people have taken starters to other places and the bread doesn’t taste the same due to the unique atmospheric conditions in San Fran. I would imagine that something similar is happening in New York. The unique atmospheric conditions are affecting the taste and bake of bread products in coastal cities.
Speaking of bagels....I didn't know that there is a whole thing around, like, "heritage" starter yeasts. The wife and I went to a fabulous restaurant in Vegas (did their tasting menu and a bunch of great drinks and the bill was, um....steep). The waitress began by assuring us that they had sourced a new starter yeast from Europe to make their bread, as the yeast they had long been using had "died" (is that the right term?) during the downtime of COVID. It was really good bread, but I didn't know lineage yeast was a thing. I guess it makes sense since it's an organism. Learn new things all the time, I guess.
You have obviously never spent much time in the South. I swear they give you a friendship bread starter at the Mason Dixon line.

In NOLA, we make French bread unlike anything I have tasted anywhere else. My father used to tell me that it was because of the humidity. I heard something similar when I went to San Francisco. We, of course, got sourdough bread and they said that people have taken starters to other places and the bread doesn’t taste the same due to the unique atmospheric conditions in San Fran. I would imagine that something similar is happening in New York. The unique atmospheric conditions are affecting the taste and bake of bread products in coastal cities.

You have obviously never spent much time in the South. I swear they give you a friendship bread starter at the Mason Dixon line.
Ah, friendship bread. Haven't had that in years!

I can believe that. The best French loafs and baguettes are made in really humid ovens. Not having a steam oven I’d be throwing half a pint of water onto the bottom of the oven floor when I’m putting them into bake. Having that naturally is going to help I’m sure!

This is a weird one haha
What the? So, trying to avoid eBay/Discogs fees? It's a helluva collection, though. A LOT of jazz (many of which are Japanese pressings). Has to be asking in the high five figures, no?

What the? So, trying to avoid eBay/Discogs fees? It's a helluva collection, though. A LOT of jazz (many of which are Japanese pressings). Has to be asking in the high five figures, no?
But then they say if you agree on a price they will make a new eBay listing. Real strange! Never seen anything like it on eBay. Almost more like a Craigslist ad

This is a weird one haha
People see that median/low/high value for their collection on Discogs and think someone has the money to pay that. Literally no one is ever going to pay what they want. If you decide to sell everything you HAVE TO do a bulk rate discount. You have to. They’d maybe get $10,000 at the most that someone would be willing to pay. The only way you’d get close to those values is if you sell each record individually.

People see that median/low/high value for their collection on Discogs and think someone has the money to pay that. Literally no one is ever going to pay what they want. If you decide to sell everything you HAVE TO do a bulk rate discount. You have to. They’d maybe get $10,000 at the most that someone would be willing to pay. The only way you’d get close to those values is if you sell each record individually.
Oh yea I don’t expect them to sell it for $53,000 on eBay. Not sure they expect it either. It is quite a nice collection at quick glance. Could probably get 10k from a bigger record store.

I think if I read it right, the $5 buys you a copy of his CD and negotiation for the collection? Maybe?
Yea I was just joking. So is the CD a rip of the collection - although it really couldn't be on one CD?

Makes sense on eBay - can't sell it on Discogs. I think even eBay you shouldn't be allowed to sell a rip, but theyre easier to circumvent.

I bought the Talk Talk Asides/Bsides CD comp from a seller on Discogs a few years back. They included a rip of a bunch of Tall Talk stuff from their own digital collection in the package. It was really nice of them. If I remember correctly, just a bunch of live performances. There is one from the Colour of Spring era that is really great sound quality.

Yea I was just joking. So is the CD a rip of the collection - although it really couldn't be on one CD?

Makes sense on eBay - can't sell it on Discogs. I think even eBay you shouldn't be allowed to sell a rip, but theyre easier to circumvent.

I bought the Talk Talk Asides/Bsides CD comp from a seller on Discogs a few years back. They included a rip of a bunch of Tall Talk stuff from their own digital collection in the package. It was really nice of them. If I remember correctly, just a bunch of live performances. There is one from the Colour of Spring era that is really great sound quality.
Due to it’s size it’s pick up only unless and agreement is made for me to deliver.

They are just trying to get someone to buy their record collection, not a rip of it is what I think? it "sold" anyway which is strange!

Due to it’s size it’s pick up only unless and agreement is made for me to deliver.

They are just trying to get someone to buy their record collection, not a rip of it is what I think? it "sold" anyway which is strange!
Oh yes it's a confusing listing. I guess I was reading the part about the listing was to purchase the "If I Rocked" CD in the second photo. I was thinking maybe it was a rip since their seller name on Discogs seems to associate them with IIR. Although that was def an unsubstantiated leap on my part.

Altogether a weird listing. It was for the "1200 plus w MFSL" collection for $5 but.w the note to read the description and then telling you that it was actually for the item in the second photo. Probably just to get interest in the actual collection.

At first glance, it looked like a musician/artist selling copy of their own CD (username matches). But I could be wrong. Maybe it's all a scam to sell copies of their music knowing they won't agree to a price for the full collection?

Back