What's your 2021 "Gear" resolution?

Come on man, flex on this and spill the beans. I see Ekos and a DV Te Kaitora Rua. What's the PSU, bearing and sub chassis fitment? Is this replacing the Gyro or augmenting it?
At the moment there is a Hercules 2 power supply .Cirkus bearing, Keel Sub chassis and Tangerine Audio Karmen Top plate.
Plan is to build a system around this but still keep the Gyro:)

Maybe 2021 will be the year I spring for a modern turntable. I have had my eye on a Clearaudio Concept Wood w/Black Satisfy Tonearm and Maestro II cart, but my longstanding affair with a Dual 1219 (with Thorens 125 II e/ SME 2009 II non-improved tone arm and/or Thorens TD 160 with Rega tone arm from Vinyl Nirvana as backups) has made it difficult for me to devote the necessary energy to the rationalization required to spend over $3K!! But maybe...

Yeah that’s a cart that I’m definitely slightly envious of! It’s one of those ones on my theoretical wish list for the distant future if I ever need to get a better table...
I need to go to the store and buy some Blu Tack for stylus cleaning. The documentation specifically says no on Zerodust, and only to use 70% Isopropyl Alcohol (or stronger) if the Blu Tack doesn’t work.

Maybe 2021 will be the year I spring for a modern turntable. I have had my eye on a Clearaudio Concept Wood w/Black Satisfy Tonearm and Maestro II cart, but my longstanding affair with a Dual 1219 (with Thorens 125 II e/ SME 2009 II non-improved tone arm and/or Thorens TD 160 with Rega tone arm from Vinyl Nirvana as backups) has made it difficult for me to devote the necessary energy to the rationalization required to spend over $3K!! But maybe...

I need to go to the store and buy some Blu Tack for stylus cleaning. The documentation specifically says no on Zerodust, and only to use 70% Isopropyl Alcohol (or stronger) if the Blu Tack doesn’t work.
Honestly, I’ve used my ZeroDust with no problem. In this case I feel like Mr Ledermann is being excessively particular.

That said, I will report back if my diamond comes off.

Very excited to hear your feedback!

Looks like I’m going forward on this. Getting a good deal locally on a demo with just a couple of hours on it (which is very easy to believe because this guy sells mostly stuff that’s in a much higher price category), with dust cover. I’ve put off the pick-up until next week just to allow myself the illusion of having any ability at all for delaying gratification :D.

Last edited:
Back