What's your 2021 "Gear" resolution?

There are loads of other software solutions for the pi though. All the ones I’ve tried have had Spotify connect free, you often have to pay to add Qobuz or Tidal support.
I actually have no idea about the paying for tidal support

He could easily do something like squeezebox

This video can help with that for you @HayesWeighsIn

Finally grow a pair and sell a few albums I don't need.
I gotta be honest, between @Joe Mac's comment about buying what you like and this, probably the two hardest and best course of action anyone can take in this hobby. I worked on that a lot the last 6 months and if they aren't PIFed, they're traded in at my local.

Once you break the duck and list them on cogs it actually becomes much easier to keep listing stuff. And inexplicably the VMP stuff moves!
I gotta be honest, between @Joe Mac's comment about buying what you like and this, probably the two hardest and best course of action anyone can take in this hobby. I worked on that a lot the last 6 months and if they aren't PIFed, they're traded in at my local.
I've gotten a lot better at not buying things that I don't really want; it's more, "what's the best way to sell this?" Selling on Discogs seems intimidating and I don't want to fuck it up!

I’ve taken to selling on cogs and on here. Been really positive so far I must say!

I've gotten a lot better at not buying things that I don't really want; it's more, "what's the best way to sell this?" Selling on Discogs seems intimidating and I don't want to fuck it up!

You won’t! Take the time to set your shipping policy, package it properly and only offer recorded/registered as a shipping option. They’ll shift if they’re priced fairly.

You won’t! Take the time to set your shipping policy, package it properly and only offer recorded/registered as a shipping option. They’ll shift if they’re priced fairly.
I'm definitely going to get some help in the Discogs thread with navigating all that. I had looked into it a bit earlier and then recently I read that they changed the shipping policies and made it super confusing again, so I backed off, haha.

I'm definitely going to get some help in the Discogs thread with navigating all that. I had looked into it a bit earlier and then recently I read that they changed the shipping policies and made it super confusing again, so I backed off, haha.

Its really confusing to set up but once you’ve it done it’s actually easier because the price is just automatically done. But yeah definitely dip in there to make sure you’re on the right track!

I actually have everything set up, I might just start popping the PIFs that don't go to anyone on Cogs, it'll definitely be more than the local trade in value.

Hopefully after moving next year, I wish to transition my powered Klipsch floor standing speakers and preamp setup to a secondary setup. Next step after that will be to enter into the world of passive speakers! Very daunting as someone who doesn’t understand a lot of the stuff regarding power, ohms etc. However, there is a ton of good information online regarding what to pair and what will sound great so at least there is that.

Once you break the duck and list them on cogs it actually becomes much easier to keep listing stuff. And inexplicably the VMP stuff moves!
Totally agree, much easier. Discogs is very seller friendly these days as well. Things seem to often sell on the high end. It's also a supply and demand - if you're the only person selling a copy, and someone out there really wants it...

the only other possible upgrade i might make in 2021 and not in long term thinking of like 2022-2024 is maybe move to the mofi studiophono (probably not the ultraphono though since i have a magni) to futureproof
Futureproofing is good! Back when I had a Fluance RT81 (with a built in phono) and I knew I would upgrade it later, I bought my Graham See Amp2 knowing it would pair well with my TT upgrade later. Well now I want to upgrade it, but that can wait a bit longer, that little preamp does a fantastic job.

My resolution is to figure out the next step and what makes sense for me. I plan on upgrading my turntable, preamp, amplifier, speakers, and record cleaning method at some point, but would like to transition it to what may be my "forever" type equipment. I know it won't all happen, or maybe even begin to happen, in 2021, but I'd like a plan.

My resolution is to figure out the next step and what makes sense for me. I plan on upgrading my turntable, preamp, amplifier, speakers, and record cleaning method at some point, but would like to transition it to what may be my "forever" type equipment. I know it won't all happen, or maybe even begin to happen, in 2021, but I'd like a plan.
A plan is good!

forever type equipment sounds like it would be in the multi thousands because of how much there is in quality of cartridges, audiophile top level turntables, amps and speakers, preamps, and for record cleaning either like 700 dollars or up to multi thousand if you wanna go ultrasonic

forever type equipment sounds like it would be in the multi thousands because of how much there is in quality of cartridges, audiophile top level turntables, amps and speakers, preamps, and for record cleaning either like 700 dollars or up to multi thousand if you wanna go ultrasonic
Yep, that's why it won't be all at once.

Given my current system: u-turn, vincent pho 700, onkyo receiver, Polk floorstanders, and a spin clean; it is fine and sounds great. I know just from the jump from Ortofon 2m red to the Grado Gold and other systems that I still have a ways to go to lock into what I want in a system. But I also know that worthwhile upgrades are going to bump me up a price level or two from my current equipment.

Back