What's Spinning

Heard this on your Instagram story and instantly went to discogs and snagged one. Sounds like a really hidden gem!
Very cool, thats fantastic! It seems to be a pretty affordable record which makes me think it flew under the radar when it was released. Its a great session, I really enjoyed it. The liner notes say it was an informal meeting that was totally improvised, when the tapes started they just jammed until the end.

My collection #723-724

Franco et L'Orchestre TP OK Jazz
The Lloyd
McNeill Quartet - Asha

Not sure how many Franco albums I have and pretty much none of them have a title and all of them are amazing - Congolese music at its best. And some great flute-led jazz to follow.

View attachment 57551

View attachment 57552

I only picked up the Lloyd McNeill - Treasures during the reissue series, and its fantastic. I might have to revisit the others at some point.

I only picked up the Lloyd McNeill - Treasures during the reissue series, and its fantastic. I might have to revisit the others at some point.
I'd recommend all of them - I've got Washington Suite and Treasures as well and really enjoy all three of them. I didn't pick up Elegia as while I liked some of the tracks I sampled online there were some I didn't care for.

@Turbo's Recommended 2020 Releases

I've been discovering a lot of great new music this year. These are 2020 releases that I've been spinning a lot.

#1 The Buttertones "Jazz Hound"
#2 Baxter Dury "The Night Chancers"
#3 Jessie Ware "What's Your Pleasure?"
#4 Yves Tumor "Heaven To A Tortured Mind"
#5 Sammy Brue "Crash Test Kid"
#6 Sorry "925"
#7 Destroyer "Have We Met?"
#8 Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes "What Kinda Music"
#9 Automagik "Fluorescent Nights"
#10 Caribou "Suddenly"
#11 Caroline Rose "Superstar"

#12 Monophonics "It's Only Us"
Psychedelic soul-funk with luscious layered orchestral sounds, for fans of classics like Curtis Mayfield, Isaac Hayes and The Temptations. The album is anchored by the epic and timeless "Last One Standing" which gives me shivers every time it plays. Beyond the aforementioned, standouts include "Chances", "Tunnel Vision" (that synth? bass line during the breakdown!) and "It's Only Us".

IMG_0640.JPG

Hey @Joe Mac , the guy who cut this also cut Rough and Rowdy Ways. He also cut All Mirrors, so he’s definitely not infallible, but this Apple and the new Dylan are fantastic.

My local didn’t have Fiona Apple in stock on Friday sadly, must have been a delay getting to Ireland, but the Dylan did sound fantastic!

Back