What's Spinning

Um... on a whim (after listening to the sensational Sam Cooke - One Night Stand!, seriously if you think you like Cooke, you have to check that one out), decided to put this in and damn does this MOV pressing sound great. Definitely had not given it a spin with the Blue or Elacs:
757BEFBE-C83A-4648-965F-14D35AD547A4.jpegBill Withers - Still Bill

Last edited:
Shabaka And The Ancestors - We Are Sent Here By History (Impulse!, 2020 VMP Exclusive Pressing)

Decided to give this a whirl again after seeing the posts about audio issues. I luckily seem to have dodged the bullet with this one. Great album, one of my favourites of the year!

IMG_0025.JPG

The Garden - Kiss My Super Bowl Ring
This has been a consistent favorite of the year, not sure how to classify it, but it's essentially an unholy marriage of punk rock, emo rap and drum n bass. If that sounds at all appealing to you I recommend giving it a go.
20200719_180652.jpg

@Turbo's Recommended 2020 Releases

I've been discovering a lot of great new music this year. These are 2020 releases that I've been spinning a lot.

#1 The Buttertones "Jazz Hound"
#2 Baxter Dury "The Night Chancers"
#3 Jessie Ware "What's Your Pleasure?"
#4 Yves Tumor "Heaven To A Tortured Mind"
#5 Sammy Brue "Crash Test Kid"
#6 Sorry "925"
#7 Destroyer "Have We Met?"
#8 Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes "What Kinda Music"
#9 Automagik "Fluorescent Nights"
#10 Caribou "Suddenly"

#11 Caroline Rose "Superstar"
Caroline Rose's previous album was one of my favorites of 2018. This follow-up contains the same level of witty and earnest lyrics but adds a level of neon gloss and dance-able rhythms. Throw in a bunch of catchy hooks and this keeps finding its way to my turntable. Standouts are "Got To Go My Own Way", "Feel The Way I Want", "Do You Think We'll Last Forever", "Someone New" and "Freak Like Me".

IMG_0639.JPG

Last edited:
Paul Quinichette, etc - Jazz Studio 1 (Brunswick, 1954 First UK Mono Pressing)

This session is hot! Amazing stuff from Paul Quinichette, Benny Green, Frank Foster, Joseph Newman, Hank Jones, Kenny Clarke, Edward Jones & Sir Jonathan Gasser (Johnny Smith). Johnny Smith's guitar playing is a highlight!

View attachment 57317
Heard this on your Instagram story and instantly went to discogs and snagged one. Sounds like a really hidden gem!

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#253: Nina Simone - Sings the Blues

#254: Sin Fang - Summer Echoes

IMG_20200718_093255.jpg

Back