What's Spinning

The Who ‎– Who Are You
MCA Records ‎– SD 16610, 1978/1980

Half-speed cut by Joe Gastwirt
Pressed at Direct-Disk Labs

qfBoE9.jpg

cMAdEo.jpg

333FEB48-D46C-43E7-BA8A-263CC094BBC0.jpeg

1974 US Presswell press variant. Another guilty pleasure. This album got a lot of hype when it was first released. Wolfman Jack proudly announcing the the new Led Zeppelin on his weekly show if I rem correctly. :). I noticed this spring when I was entering a bunch lps into Discogs that it was mysteriously missing. Just grabbed a super nice used copy. Vinyl sounds and looks like new. Better shape than my original where ever it flew off too I’m sure.

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#106: The Globes - Future Self

IMG_20191124_090511.jpg

This is the only album by the short-lived Washington band The Globes, and is one of the records that I've owned for the longest time. Nice alt-rock with Radiohead influences, but leaning more towards the heavier guitar-driven side of things.

Back