What's Spinning

c04983a7-1362-4452-8df4-c9cc69baaae6.jpg

Serj Tankian - Elect The Dead (2007, reissue 2019)

And here it is. One of my favorite albums of all time, signed by the man himself. What an album! My copy suffered some creases during shipment, but that doesn't change the fact that this is an incredible piece in my collection.

I take back what I said about the UO Breakaway press the other day. THIS is the most beautiful gold (with black swirl) record in my collection. It looks a lot like the VMP Denzel Curry ROTM, except solid instead of translucent. Beautiful color. This is #32/1500, so a pretty low number.

Other differences from the original press:
*New etching on side D
*Matte insert, OG was glossy (insert is pretty much the same otherwise)
*Sound quality improvements
*Thinner jacket, still quite sturdy though

I am so happy that this was reissued, so that everyone can experience this amazing album on vinyl!

Last edited:
The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#38: Camarón de la Isla - Potro de rabia y miel

IMG_20190918_065346.jpg

I believe @Dtknuckles is praying for this record to be our October ROTM

74BD3B20-363B-4281-8CF4-601372C047E3.jpeg

NOW SPINNING: Ambulance LTD - Primitive (The Way I Treat You, 7")

I rarely buy 7" records, unless I cannot anything else by a favorite artist. If you've never heard Ambulance LTD's album "LP", please run to listen on Spotify. A true gem for Beulah, Elephant 6, and general music fans.

Back