WHAT IS FOR LUNCH!??!?! A thread to discuss most important decision of the work day!

THURSDAY SPECIALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beef ‘O’ Brady’s - $9.99 Fajita special every Thursday
BJ's Brewhouse/Restaurant - $13.95 get a half-rack of ribs or a Tri-Tip steak with a salad, two sides and dessert and 5$ wells
Black Angus Steakhouse - Steakhouse Bacon Cheeseburger and draft beer for $12.99
Bruster’s Ice Cream - half-price banana splits every Thursday
Dave & Buster’s has Unlimited Wings + Unlimited Video Games every Thursday for just $19.99
Del Taco - 3 Grilled Chicken Tacos for $2.49 every Thursday from 3 PM – 11 PM
Logan’s Roadhouse -$10 Burger & Brew special all day on Thursdays
Marie Callender’s - $9.99 Burger and Slice of Pie deal on Thursdays
O’Charley’s - all you can eat catfish on Thursdays.
PF Chang’s - $10 Chang’s Spicy Chicken and $5 Classic Mojitos
Quiznos - Ultimate Turkey Club for $5.55
TGI Friday’s has their Big Ribs with seasoned fries and cole slaw for $7.99 for a half-rack, or $12.99 for a full rack of ribs
Tijuana Flats -Tijuana Burrito, chips and drink for $5.99

FOR THE LATE NIGHTERS! DATE NIGHT!!!
Macaroni Grill - Get 2 beverages, 2 entrees and a dessert to share for $40
Carrrabbas - $45 “Date Night”- Choose an appetizer to share, a soup or salad, two entrées, and a shared dessert.
Miller’s Ale House -Prime Rib Dinner for $14.99

I'll be having an apple with peanut butter. Because I'm going out to dinner with my sis and cousin before going to see LIZZO!!!!

YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!!!!!!

Well hey, maybe u all can hit BJ's brewhouse for the deals^^^ :)

I had a wholemeal burrito with savoury rice, black beans, pulled pork, extra spicy salsa and cheese with a can of Coke Zero. It hit the spot.

Today's Lunches:

Pulled Pork and Black Beans

Beef and Broccoli (no rice)

Lasagna Soup

Banana and Aussie Bites
Do you eat the same thing every day? I'm not judging. Just curious. AND WHY DO YOU HATE RICE?

And it is 11:17am. Have you already consumed 3 lunches?

And what are Aussie bites?

And lasagna soup?

Should I ask more questions? Is it annoying?

Do you eat the same thing every day? I'm not judging. Just curious. AND WHY DO YOU HATE RICE?

And lasagna soup?

Lmfaoooooo dead! 😂🤣👌

Update: Chicken is cooking. It smells phenomenal cuz Saffron..... No way im making it to 12 without stealing a piece.

15695114360201414029384473366477.jpg

And lasagna soup?

Well, first, I meal prep which means on the weekend we make big batches of something to eat all week. Occasionally, during the week something else gets made. For example, the lasagna soup got made on Monday night I think. I do tend to eat a lot of the same things for a few reasons. Mainly, my diet is pretty strictly controlled and I've identified a few meals that are easy to modularly plug in over the course of a day and arrive at the correct macros without much thought effort anymore. There's probably 30 total different things that can be mixed and matched. The pulled pork and black beans is kind of mainstay, though because it's cheap, calorie intensive and hits macros well and gets necessary fiber in.

I DO eat exactly the same thing for breakfast EVERY morning. that is 4 eggs over easy with 2 pieces of dave's killer bread with 2 tablespoons of jelly some days I get in a thing of Greek yogurt before I leave otherwise I eat the yogurt when I get to work.

Meal timing is important for a few reasons not the least of which is to get all the meals in and still have time for it to digest before working out. There's other reasons related to fitness and protein synthesis I won't get into here.

I have nothing against rice and do eat it fairly often. It's a major component of the Cheesy Chicken Casserole I worked on last week. In general I'm looking to get 200g of protein and 110g of fat with the rmaining calories made up of carbohydrates. On workout days this amounts to 352g of carbs and off days 200g of carbs. Generally speaking, rice is not a good fit when I have better options for my carbohydrates. I mention no rice on the beef and broccoli because I usually have it with rice but it just wasn't working out for me this week.

11 AM - Lunch 1

12-1 PM - Lunch 2

Before 3:30 - Finish Lunch 3

Aussie Bites

an example of Lasagna Soup (which is fantastic and is a better deal than rice in my beef)

Dinner is typically going to be a 40g protein meal with hopefully around 50g of carbs and maybe 20g of fat (generally shooting for 500-700 calories so I can sleep ok afterwards). This week it's been grilled chicken on spring mix with ginger dressing but dinner is a wild card. I occasionally can affford to eat out for dinner and will adjust things throughout the day to leave room for transgressions required to do such a thing.

But I guess more important is WHY? First and foremost I eat the way I do because it makes me feel good. Like full of energy and cynical wit all day long. Do I think eating this way will make me live longer? Hell no, I'll prolly die on the interstate getting home this evening. But, I'll be feeling great right before my brains come out on the pavement! Secondly, I train for powerlifting so I am optimizing for muscle growth. I try to keep within 5# of my 165# weight class which means limiting the calories. I currently hold a state record and have every intention and ability of taking a world record in about a year's time. In order to achieve this I have to be consistent and dogmatic about three things in life; intense and regularly training, adequate quality sleep, and a finely tuned diet.

Well, first, I meal prep which means on the weekend we make big batches of something to eat all week. Occasionally, during the week something else gets made. For example, the lasagna soup got made on Monday night I think. I do tend to eat a lot of the same things for a few reasons. Mainly, my diet is pretty strictly controlled and I've identified a few meals that are easy to modularly plug in over the course of a day and arrive at the correct macros without much thought effort anymore. There's probably 30 total different things that can be mixed and matched. The pulled pork and black beans is kind of mainstay, though because it's cheap, calorie intensive and hits macros well and gets necessary fiber in.

I DO eat exactly the same thing for breakfast EVERY morning. that is 4 eggs over easy with 2 pieces of dave's killer bread with 2 tablespoons of jelly some days I get in a thing of Greek yogurt before I leave otherwise I eat the yogurt when I get to work.

Meal timing is important for a few reasons not the least of which is to get all the meals in and still have time for it to digest before working out. There's other reasons related to fitness and protein synthesis I won't get into here.

I have nothing against rice and do eat it fairly often. It's a major component of the Cheesy Chicken Casserole I worked on last week. In general I'm looking to get 200g of protein and 110g of fat with the rmaining calories made up of carbohydrates. On workout days this amounts to 352g of carbs and off days 200g of carbs. Generally speaking, rice is not a good fit when I have better options for my carbohydrates. I mention no rice on the beef and broccoli because I usually have it with rice but it just wasn't working out for me this week.

11 AM - Lunch 1

12-1 PM - Lunch 2

Before 3:30 - Finish Lunch 3

Aussie Bites

an example of Lasagna Soup (which is fantastic and is a better deal than rice in my beef)

Dinner is typically going to be a 40g protein meal with hopefully around 50g of carbs and maybe 20g of fat (generally shooting for 500-700 calories so I can sleep ok afterwards). This week it's been grilled chicken on spring mix with ginger dressing but dinner is a wild card. I occasionally can affford to eat out for dinner and will adjust things throughout the day to leave room for transgressions required to do such a thing.

But I guess more important is WHY? First and foremost I eat the way I do because it makes me feel good. Like full of energy and cynical wit all day long. Do I think eating this way will make me live longer? Hell no, I'll prolly die on the interstate getting home this evening. But, I'll be feeling great right before my brains come out on the pavement! Secondly, I train for powerlifting so I am optimizing for muscle growth. I try to keep within 5# of my 165# weight class which means limiting the calories. I currently hold a state record and have every intention and ability of taking a world record in about a year's time. In order to achieve this I have to be consistent and dogmatic about three things in life; intense and regularly training, adequate quality sleep, and a finely tuned diet.
1. Congrats on the powerlifting and the record.
2. You're way more methodical about this than I am. My breakfast is 99% of the time a decaf mocha. My lunch is whatever I can find in the office, whatever they buy for us or I skip it. I do often make dinner on the weekends and then eat the leftovers through the week. Or I order pizza. Or thai.

Aussie Bites look delicious. But I would eat the whole bucket in one sitting.

1. Congrats on the powerlifting and the record.
2. You're way more methodical about this than I am. My breakfast is 99% of the time a decaf mocha. My lunch is whatever I can find in the office, whatever they buy for us or I skip it. I do often make dinner on the weekends and then eat the leftovers through the week. Or I order pizza. Or thai.

Aussie Bites look delicious. But I would eat the whole bucket in one sitting.
I replaced drugs and alcohol with the gym. I was just as fastidious with those things, too. If Imma do something Imma DO IT.

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the magical thread: What's for lunch! Do you struggle daily with the decision of what to pack, what to go pick up, WHAT DO I EVEN HAVE A TASTE FOR!?!?!?!

Well this thread is for you!!! I need help, you need help, we all need help! So here we gooooooooooo! I for one am constantly bugging members of the JQBX to give ideas for food. So I decided over there, it was time for a real place to have these talks!

Share your pictures, your thoughts, your struggles, your steals, your deals, your unused coupons, and anything food related!

I usually cook every night and then have leftover portions for lunch the next day. Today's menu was rice & beans, farofa, and plain arugula.

My lunch today is going to be 2 macchiatos. I have meetings which aren't catered today (BOO btw) and then a team dinner meeting tonight. So I guess I'll just starve until dinner. My company usually puts on some bangers for team meetings so I'm expecting excellent food tonight.

Lmfaoooooo dead! 😂🤣👌

Update: Chicken is cooking. It smells phenomenal cuz Saffron..... No way im making it to 12 without stealing a piece.

View attachment 18112
bout to report this photo.

but GUESS WHAT, JY? I had a perfectly lovely rosemary and sundried tomato bagel with roasted garlic and a mystery schmear my sister-in-law surprised me with. I hope knowing this has brightened your day ☀😁

Back