Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

@scotthilk - did you not put your Lintons on casters?
I have mine on a “lazy Susan”. They are stationary but I can easily move them directionally depending on where I am in the room. Happy to demo if you’d like.

Nearly certain this is what I have:

Aleratec Dual Sided Monitor/TV Swivel Stand | 360˚ Rotation Lazy Susan | Featuring Heavy Duty Carousel 250 lbs Capacity, 15.5" | Media Console, Entertainment Center for Living Room Bedroom, Black https://a.co/d/d3geUtr

I sometimes wish I had a little more bass but I'm like 90% sure I could adjust them for that or I should get a sub. But I'm also in an apartment and more bass would probably be a noise complaint.

I added a small sub to mine and it gave me the little extra bass boost I wanted. They would be fine without them, but as a bassist, I just always need a little more!

Absolutely. This is what I added, and I keep it turned down low.

Cambridge Audio Minx X301 Powered Subwoofer Amplifier

Yeah I got one of these ones but being in an apartment I do have to be careful and turn it off when too bass heavy a track comes on, my neighbours complained with daft punk…

Regarding wheels:

Dependent on the thread pitch, you might be able to pick up a set at a hardware store and give it a try. Could be a relatively cheap experiment.

This would be my best bet for a fit. These were designed for the Pangea Vulcan audio racks.

i really need something with brakes. Joe mentioned that id need them to have an M6 thread to fit. i dont find much with both options.

something like this maybe ?

not pretty... but i might have to try it

i really need something with brakes. Joe mentioned that id need them to have an M6 thread to fit. i dont find much with both options.

something like this maybe ?

not pretty... but i might have to try it

Yeah they use an M6 thread for the spikes so that’s what you’d need. It’s a pity because when I was looking when we were chatting about it I couldn’t find many castors with an M6 thread, they were nearly all M8.

Been using mine with no grills for about 2 months now, haven’t looked back! At this point I can’t remember what im supposed to be missing sound wise with them off!View attachment 174978

Wharfedale say grills off will give a brighter and less smooth sound because of the refractions off the protruding cabinet edges.

Also any excuse to show of that stunning view hey 😉

Last edited:
Probably not the best thread for this but I'm not sure what is. I'm hoping I'm renting this apartment that would have the living space look like this

GetMedia.ashx

Back