Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

just one man's opinion but I think they look awesome!
I appreciate that! My wife (and I think I agree) feel they're too boxy and dark for the space and need to feel lighter on their feet lol. Its definitely a conceptual design beef that we're wrestling with but right now feels like the difference between the room feeling well assimilated vs not.
Wow nice space
Thank you! Super grateful to be able to call this place home. Huge sacrifice on space but that view CANNOT be beat.

I appreciate that! My wife (and I think I agree) feel they're too boxy and dark for the space and need to feel lighter on their feet lol. Its definitely a conceptual design beef that we're wrestling with but right now feels like the difference between the room feeling well assimilated vs not.

Thank you! Super grateful to be able to call this place home. Huge sacrifice on space but that view CANNOT be beat.

It’s a pity you have a pillar to the right of that window because I’d bet they sink into the background much better either side of the window rather than kinda in front of it!

Amazing city view!

Yeah I think they could work but I absolutely get the desire from a design point to go with something airy'er.

Sure, the room is messy cause naturally, the only thing I prioritized getting unpacked was records and the rig lol. Had them initially wider apart but we're putting a bookshelf on that wall to the left and felt it weird that you had to go behind a speaker to get there lol. Not toeing in at all because I'm just trying to make it sound good enough from any where in the room, which it certainly does.View attachment 171661
That’s an amazing view. I can understand wanting to prioritize it.

Design is all about balance and layering effectively. That’s all I can contribute.

Awesome view.

Sure, the room is messy cause naturally, the only thing I prioritized getting unpacked was records and the rig lol. Had them initially wider apart but we're putting a bookshelf on that wall to the left and felt it weird that you had to go behind a speaker to get there lol. Not toeing in at all because I'm just trying to make it sound good enough from any where in the room, which it certainly does.View attachment 171661
Wow! Nice crib!

Damn, I'm officially set up in my new space in Brooklyn with the Lintons. I hate to say it, but these things no longer fit in aesthetic wise :[. So large and towering in such a small space. It may be time to try something new and more "chic" looking with a smaller profile.
LA to Brooklyn. Wow. That sounds like a huge move and a completely different vibe. Yet another reason to change it up! Hope NY treats you well.

Fuck, that's a hell of a view! My sister lives in the west village on the Hudson and her upper floor view is pretty spectacular, but of NJ, not the NYC skyline. Really incredible how that view is constantly changing with the light of the day. Thunder storms are a special treat. Wowza!

I've been actually thinking about it! I'm going to DM ya :unsure:. The KEF seem appealing, seems those or the Buchardt S400 MkII. Need something stylish and listening position agnostic.
I was in a somewhat similar situation, never actually owned the Lintons but was considering them and decided they were just too big for my space. Have had the LS50 Metas for about 2 years now and am very happy with them!

I've been actually thinking about it! I'm going to DM ya :unsure:. The KEF seem appealing, seems those or the Buchardt S400 MkII. Need something stylish and listening position agnostic.
The Buchardt are interesting. I’d also check out the Monitor Audio Silver 100 7G. Smaller stand mounts that still have a full sound and don’t require a sub to do it. The green finish looks awesome too.

296B332C-62C6-4133-8E13-4DBA99106D05.jpeg

Video review

Lordy, that’s a view and a half!

You do you, but DAMN! ;)

PS. I think they look great.

That’s an amazing view. I can understand wanting to prioritize it.

Design is all about balance and layering effectively. That’s all I can contribute.

Awesome view.
Wow! Nice crib!
@Ghost That’s a stunning view.

Personally I think the Lintons look great. But should you decide to go to LS50s you’ll likely want a sub. They don’t go deep.
Lordy, that’s a view and a half!
You do you, but DAMN! ;)

PS. I think they look great.
These comments all made my day. I'll have to take a picture for you guys when its night time because its absolutely silly.

LA to Brooklyn. Wow. That sounds like a huge move and a completely different vibe. Yet another reason to change it up! Hope NY treats you well.
Fuck, that's a hell of a view! My sister lives in the west village on the Hudson and her upper floor view is pretty spectacular, but of NJ, not the NYC skyline. Really incredible how that view is constantly changing with the light of the day. Thunder storms are a special treat. Wowza!
I'm actually from Brooklyn, been in LA about 5 years before deciding to come home. Really happy with the adjustment so far, and returning to the city with a place like this just feels too special. Last time I lived here I had to turnstile hop or walk everywhere cause the MTA fare of $2.75 would break my bank.

As the lady who got us to sign our lease said, "This view is the equivalent of waking up every morning and seeing the Eiffel Tower from your window.". I couldn't agree more.

I'm actually from Brooklyn, been in LA about 5 years before deciding to come home. Really happy with the adjustment so far, and returning to the city with a place like this just feels too special. Last time I lived here I had to turnstile hop or walk everywhere cause the MTA fare of $2.75 would break my bank.

As the lady who got us to sign our lease said, "This view is the equivalent of waking up every morning and seeing the Eiffel Tower from your window.". I couldn't agree more.
Curious if it's a loft conversion or if that's a new build?

Sparkles, professional male model.
Nailed it!
Hey uhhh, what uhhh, do you do for work?
I'm a Product Designer for a research & development team at a unicorn startup. Basically, I work symbiotically with software engineers to design apps and web platforms with user experience in mind. In short, I make the internet pretty and usable.

Nailed it!

I'm a Product Designer for a research & development team at a unicorn startup. Basically, I work symbiotically with software engineers to design apps and web platforms with user experience in mind. In short, I make the internet pretty and usable.

Neat! Congrats on your hardwork. You can't have a view like that and be lazy. 🍻

Back