Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

I appreciate that! My wife (and I think I agree) feel they're too boxy and dark for the space and need to feel lighter on their feet lol. Its definitely a conceptual design beef that we're wrestling with but right now feels like the difference between the room feeling well assimilated vs not.

Thank you! Super grateful to be able to call this place home. Huge sacrifice on space but that view CANNOT be beat.
Don't even sweat it. Your living room looks to be 3 or 4 times the size mine was when i lived in GP!

Snuck a pic last night before shutting everything down. Repositioned the Lintons to tuck away a bit more and my wife and I like it enough to hang w the Lintons longer! View attachment 171858

Wow that night view is properly special. There’s something much more magic about big cities at night all lit up.

Also the Lintons definitely look better a bit more out of the focus of that view!

Looks like @HiFi Guy ‘s eagles have landed. Just after my son chose the more expensive college to attend 😂 .

Snuck a pic last night before shutting everything down. Repositioned the Lintons to tuck away a bit more and my wife and I like it enough to hang w the Lintons longer! View attachment 171858
Nice! How you liking greenpoint? My wife and I used to walk down to that building/little park on the water during the pandemic to get out of our apartment haha.

Nice! How you liking greenpoint? My wife and I used to walk down to that building/little park on the water during the pandemic to get out of our apartment haha.
I think we’re going to be in this neighborhood for a very long time. We’ve never been more in love with an area honestly, it has everything as far as charm, safety, and privacy from tourists goes but also has incredible restaurants, bars, shops, and everything else you could need. They just announced that they’re expanding that little park to extend all the way from Green Street to Eagle, so we’re going to get our own little Domino Park.

Thanks for asking :)

I think we’re going to be in this neighborhood for a very long time. We’ve never been more in love with an area honestly, it has everything as far as charm, safety, and privacy from tourists goes but also has incredible restaurants, bars, shops, and everything else you could need. They just announced that they’re expanding that little park to extend all the way from Green Street to Eagle, so we’re going to get our own little Domino Park.

Thanks for asking :)
It’s a really wonderful spot. My wife and I only moved because we wanted to buy a house. But Greenpoint and Astoria were my two favorite places to live in all of NYC after living there for 15 years. You also have some solid record stores nearby!

I’ve been holding off until on buying new speakers for years. I still have some Tannoy 609’s that I love for they clarity of Dual Concentrics. I’ve paired them with a set of Tannoy TS10’s so my setup gets low. I found a guy selling some Tannoy Little Reds which I’ve really considered and am close to pulling the pin on.

But now I’m torn, guys. I’ve have found a guy close to me selling some Anniversary Linton’s for a decent price…a price more decent than the Little Reds.

Probably foolish to ask what I should go with in a thread dedicated to the Linton’s but despite the resounding positive reviews of these have you owners found any negatives to them?

Probably foolish to ask what I should go with in a thread dedicated to the Linton’s but despite the resounding positive reviews of these have you owners found any negatives to them?
Denton owner here, so I'm qualified to discuss Lintons, right? Negatives? Hmmm, I read somewhere that the Lintons aren't as good as Klipsch Fortes

Last edited:
I’ve been holding off until on buying new speakers for years. I still have some Tannoy 609’s that I love for they clarity of Dual Concentrics. I’ve paired them with a set of Tannoy TS10’s so my setup gets low. I found a guy selling some Tannoy Little Reds which I’ve really considered and am close to pulling the pin on.

But now I’m torn, guys. I’ve have found a guy close to me selling some Anniversary Linton’s for a decent price…a price more decent than the Little Reds.

I sometimes wish I had a little more bass but I'm like 90% sure I could adjust them for that or I should get a sub. But I'm also in an apartment and more bass would probably be a noise complaint.

None from me. I probably don't have them set up as well as I could, and my amp isn't the greatest, but they sound great.

i was able to move the Lintons, as i got the place to myself for a couple of days, from about 20 cm from the wall , to about 60 cm. huge difference and im loving it.
the thing is, they cant stay that way permanently because theyy be knocked over within hours....

is there any way to make em more "moveable" ?

cheers

Back