Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

Probably not the best thread for this but I'm not sure what is. I'm hoping I'm renting this apartment that would have the living space look like this

GetMedia.ashx

Is there any reason the lintons couldn't be on the far end of each side of the fireplace? Thinking I'd put the speakers there and then have my Luna on the right. It'll be a lot of speaker wire but that's a tax I'm willing to pay. Then most likely mount my 65" TV above the mantle.

It's a wood burning fireplace and I'm unsure if it even is usable

Is there any reason the lintons couldn't be on the far end of each side of the fireplace? Thinking I'd put the speakers there and then have my Luna on the right. It'll be a lot of speaker wire but that's a tax I'm willing to pay. Then most likely mount my 65" TV above the mantle.

It's a wood burning fireplace and I'm unsure if it even is usable
The pic isn’t loading for me, but I have the Lintons on either side of my fireplace which seems to be similar to what you’re thinking:

IMG_9358.jpeg

@MikeH no issues with heat from the fireplace?
Haven’t noticed any issues but mine are out from the wall and it’s a bit of a different setup to yours since my fireplace juts out from the wall. This was a weird room to figure out a layout for with all the doorways and windows on all sides…also those are armchairs not sofas on the left and right haha. Wide angle photo makin em look all crazy! There’s a couch opposite the speakers where I took the photo from.

I’d just make sure they are far enough away from the wall so you’re not getting boomy bass. Not sure how far you can put them out into the room without them getting in the way but that was the issue with our layout. Trying to balance them being far enough away from the wall but not so far into the room that you can’t walk around

Last edited:
Haven’t noticed any issues but mine are out from the wall and it’s a bit of a different setup to yours since my fireplace juts out from the wall. This was a weird room to figure out a layout for with all the doorways and windows on all sides…also those are armchairs not sofas on the left and right haha. Wide angle photo makin em look all crazy! There’s a couch opposite the speakers where I took the photo from.

I’d just make sure they are far enough away from the wall so you’re not getting boomy bass. Not sure how far you can put them out into the room without them getting in the way but that was the issue without layout. Trying to balance them being far enough away from the wall but not so far into the room that you can’t walk around
Good to see a room as fucked as mine around here. Also glad to know that it’s doable with a fireplace like this. I think this is what I am gonna do when I finally go floor stander.

Good to see a room as fucked as mine around here. Also glad to know that it’s doable with a fireplace like this. I think this is what I am gonna do when I finally go floor stander.
the room is totally fucked from a layout perspective haha. opposite the fireplace is a bay window with an arched ceiling and couch, then windows on every side of the room and two open doorways to the left and right of the fireplace. was tricky to figure out how to lay it out. we just knew we didn't want a TV in there and turned what used to be the dining room into our TV room. it's nice to have a room we can sit in and just listen to music and read.

i'm sure i could treat the room, add bass traps, etc but i always hate the look of all that crap.

the room is totally fucked from a layout perspective haha. opposite the fireplace is a bay window with an arched ceiling and couch, then windows on every side of the room and two open doorways to the left and right of the fireplace. was tricky to figure out how to lay it out. we just knew we didn't want a TV in there and turned what used to be the dining room into our TV room. it's nice to have a room we can sit in and just listen to music and read.

i'm sure i could treat the room, add bass traps, etc but i always hate the look of all that crap.

Sort of similar to this space except standard windows and less room around the fireplace. I'm going to put the TV on the wall though (if my application is approved. 🤞)

I’ll take some pics of my room later. One of the reasons I went with the nad is there is NO way my wife is letting me treat the room.

Back