Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

Yeah. Upscale is back to $1800 a pair with the stands so this might squeak by as a deal when you factor in tax and shipping.
I think MD does open box with free ship every once in awhile but even that doesn’t save a ton since they usually do stands and speakers separately. And the combo new price is cheaper than separates

I think MD does open box with free ship every once in awhile but even that doesn’t save a ton since they usually do stands and speakers separately. And the combo new price is cheaper than separates
I don't get MD sometimes, when I bought my Linton's I ended up getting them from Upscale because shipping was included, MD was charging $300ish to ship, and I'm literally an hour away, lol

Same price, same tax and yet the set coming from across the country cost me less........go figure.

I don't get MD sometimes, when I bought my Linton's I ended up getting them from Upscale because shipping was included, MD was charging $300ish to ship, and I'm literally an hour away, lol

Same price, same tax and yet the set coming from across the country cost me less........go figure.
And was honestly probably packed better. Upscale double boxes and used probably a cubic yard worth of packing peanuts.

i thought shipping was free from MD but maybe I made that up!

I got my Wharfedale Lintons from Alma Audio and it was somehow free shipping, no tax and at the old Lintons price so I saved quite a lot even though they were new. I think @Russ I helped me find those!

i thought shipping was free from MD but maybe I made that up!

I got my Wharfedale Lintons from Alma Audio and it was somehow free shipping, no tax and at the old Lintons price so I saved quite a lot even though they were new. I think @Russ I helped me find those!
It might be free now, but it sure wasn't then.

Anyone here run Lintons in a smaller or oddly shaped room? Apartment hunting in NYC and every apartment I go into I'm starting to wonder if NYC is going to spell a departure from my Lintons. Are they overpowering/unfocused in smaller rooms?

I have an application out for a spot that I love that has a living room thats kind of triangularly shaped. It seems like it'll be awkward to arrange the room in a way that has the listening triangle lined up with where my couch would be, so most of my listening will probably be done off center. In my experience the Lintons have sounded good when you're not at the center of the triangle, but great when in position.

Think I should look for speakers that don't need to be toed in? I hear KEFs and Dali speakers were really good for rooms where your listening is done all around.

Anyone here run Lintons in a smaller or oddly shaped room? Apartment hunting in NYC and every apartment I go into I'm starting to wonder if NYC is going to spell a departure from my Lintons. Are they overpowering/unfocused in smaller rooms?

I have an application out for a spot that I love that has a living room thats kind of triangularly shaped. It seems like it'll be awkward to arrange the room in a way that has the listening triangle lined up with where my couch would be, so most of my listening will probably be done off center. In my experience the Lintons have sounded good when you're not at the center of the triangle, but great when in position.

Think I should look for speakers that don't need to be toed in? I hear KEFs and Dali speakers were really good for rooms where your listening is done all around.
My space is ~9’x10 and doubles as my office/gaming room. I don’t find the Lintons overpowering at all. They are barely audible in the rest of our house which is ~1200sqft, unless I really crank them up.
My personal gripe is not being on center when I am working (primary listening time) and even at low volumes it is a good experience.

Hi there, I'm thinking of replacing my Monitor Audio Silver 8 speakers (I find the mids somehow stiff and boxy) with the Lintons. Do you think the Lintons will match well with my Rotel RA 1570 amp?

Back