Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

Very nice! I'm jelly as mine are now only expected to be delivered on Tuesday 😒
Ah, that's too bad. I had to pick these up in person today. It'll be worth the wait for yours, though!
Looking good! That pioneer is a handsome beast!
Thanks! I picked up the AT cart you recommended in the other thread a couple days ago, as well, so installing that will be this evening's job (never done it before).

Ah, that's too bad. I had to pick these up in person today. It'll be worth the wait for yours, though!

Thanks! I picked up the AT cart you recommended in the other thread a couple days ago, as well, so installing that will be this evening's job (never done it before).

Cool! You’ll be up and running before you know it!

It’s not the worst just take your time and be careful and you’ll be fine. If this fat fingered clumsy person can do it anyone can!

Take the headshell off first because it’s easier to attach the cartridge away from the arm, gives more room to manoeuvre. Then reattach it, remove the stylus guard and balance the arm. Then set the tracking force and finally align it using a cartridge protractor. Then you’re all good to go, first time maybe 20-30 mins but after that 15 tops!

Bet you’re looking forward to getting spinning again after the troubles with your debut!

Cool! You’ll be up and running before you know it!

It’s not the worst just take your time and be careful and you’ll be fine. If this fat fingered clumsy person can do it anyone can!

Take the headshell off first because it’s easier to attach the cartridge away from the arm, gives more room to manoeuvre. Then reattach it, remove the stylus guard and balance the arm. Then set the tracking force and finally align it using a cartridge protractor. Then you’re all good to go, first time maybe 20-30 mins but after that 15 tops!

Bet you’re looking forward to getting spinning again after the troubles with your debut!
Awesome, thank you! I'll definitely be watching a few YouTube demos as I go. And yes, very much! It's been a frustrating several months of audio life, so I'm looking forward to enjoying the music and not worrying about tech for a while!

Awesome, thank you! I'll definitely be watching a few YouTube demos as I go. And yes, very much! It's been a frustrating several months of audio life, so I'm looking forward to enjoying the music and not worrying about tech for a while!

Yeah definitely. The YouTube guides are great! That’s how I taught myself to do it the first time!

Last edited:
Back