Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

Sorry to hear this.. enjoy breaking in the NAD!
As expected, the fuse replacement did not work.

I’ve not opened it up, nor am I because I won’t be making the repairs. If I had to hazard a guess, one of the driver tubes shorted and took out a coupling capacitor.

My own fault really, I changed the driver tubes, but I haven’t since. I should have changed them annually.

As expected, the fuse replacement did not work.

I’ve not opened it up, nor am I because I won’t be making the repairs. If I had to hazard a guess, one of the driver tubes shorted and took out a coupling capacitor.

My own fault really, I changed the driver tubes, but I haven’t since. I should have changed them annually.
Still a bummer.

Those speakers are a whole lot of fun. And because you got yours used you don’t have to break them in, it took them about 200ish hours to break loose for me!
I actually didn't end up getting them used after all; the deal just didn't happen. But I got a "demo" pair that had been set up but basically never used because COVID had shut the shop down the entire time, haha. So they're still
breaking in!

I actually didn't end up getting them used after all; the deal just didn't happen. But I got a "demo" pair that had been set up but basically never used because COVID had shut the shop down the entire time, haha. So they're still
breaking in!

Ah cool! Demo price for an as new pair is also good!

I found them a little mannered, and a little woolly with the bass, to begin with. They started to get better after about a month and they cut loose and the bass became nice and taut after about 2 months. With WFH I’ve probably been listening 100ish hours a month so about 200 feels right for the break in!

Ah cool! Demo price for an as new pair is also good!

I found them a little mannered, and a little woolly with the bass, to begin with. They started to get better after about a month and they cut loose and the became nice and taut after about 2 months. With WFH I’ve probably been listening 100ish hours a month so about 200 feels right for the break in!
I'm looking forward to it! I'm still working from home as well, and my partner has been away for the last week so I'm getting some quality time in right now, too, haha.

Back