Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

Awesome, thank you! I'll definitely be watching a few YouTube demos as I go. And yes, very much! It's been a frustrating several months of audio life, so I'm looking forward to enjoying the music and not worrying about tech for a while!
So I think I didn't fuck it up, but what would he the audio clues be that something wasn't in alignment? So far just spinning already-defective extra VMP pressings to find out, but everything sounds even and clean so far through three sides.
Enjoying these beauts tremendously today.View attachment 125992
The people demand more dog pictures.

So I think I didn't fuck it up, but what would he the audio clues be that something wasn't in alignment? So far just spinning already-defective extra VMP pressings to find out, but everything sounds even and clean so far through three sides.

The people demand more dog pictures.

With a micro line cartridge they’re a more advanced stylus profile so they’re thinner and sit deeper in the groove so if you’d done it wrong it would be much more immediately apparent. Reduced sound quality and particularly a bit of fuzz and distortion are give aways! It sounds like you’ve done it right!

Hey guys, look what just came in...one lousy freaking stand 😒

The other stand is only available for pickup at my local post 📫 office as of tomorrow.

As for the speakers 🔊 themselves they are scheduled to arrive later today or tomorrow 🤔🙄
20220125_142337.jpg

Last edited:
The speakers are in! Now I just have to wait until tomorrow to pick up the other stand 😑
View attachment 126269

If the post office isn’t that far away I’d totally chance my arm today just before they shut because the postie will totally drop them there today at the end of his rounds. I always do that at my local post depot when I miss a record lol!

Prima Luna down! Prima Luna down!

Yep. The amp made a sick sounding pop from inside the chassis. The line fuse is blown. I’ll have more of the correct fuses tomorrow, but I doubt a fuse or even a tube will correct the issue. I think the amp misses its US home base and wants to go to California. Of course, it’s out of warranty. 🙄

My mother in law was cool enough to let me borrow her NAD C316BEE for as long as it takes. 😊

I doubt the NAD is even broken in yet. I had to snag her speaker cables- my Analysis Plus cables won’t fit the speaker connectors on the NAD- super fat spades and the NAD only accepts skinny spades.

So I’ll likely get a good long visit with the NAD/Linton combo. So far, so good! The NAD is really an impressive little amp.

04DC7E84-373F-400C-BE10-6516CA1606BA.jpeg

Thanks! I got (what I think was) a great deal on a 1-year-used version that seems mint on Canuck Audio Mart. Got it a few days before the speakers, really enjoying them both.
Gotta say, huge thanks to all in the community here for all the knowledge you share. It's super helpful to have as a resource when you don't know anything about gear and are trying to learn.

Prima Luna down! Prima Luna down!

Yep. The amp made a sick sounding pop from inside the chassis. The line fuse is blown. I’ll have more of the correct fuses tomorrow, but I doubt a fuse or even a tube will correct the issue. I think the amp misses its US home base and wants to go to California. Of course, it’s out of warranty. 🙄

My mother in law was cool enough to let me borrow her NAD C316BEE for as long as it takes. 😊

I doubt the NAD is even broken in yet. I had to snag her speaker cables- my Analysis Plus cables won’t fit the speaker connectors on the NAD- super fat spades and the NAD only accepts skinny spades.

So I’ll likely get a good long visit with the NAD/Linton combo. So far, so good! The NAD is really an impressive little amp.

View attachment 126696
Sorry to hear this.. enjoy breaking in the NAD!

Back