- May 16, 2019
- West Midlands United Kingdom
Welcome ..I reckon you’ll be up to 16 cubes soon enoughHello all! New to the site and clearly an amateur next to some of the amazing setups and collections I'm seeing so far. Was pointed here by @Sonicpharmacist so if you need someone to blame I'd look that direction.
A few nuggets about me:
Pleasure to meet y'all!
- My first vinyl was the Star Wars original soundtrack when I was 8, followed 45's of "Elvira" by the Oak Ridge Boys and "Music Box Dancer" by Frank Mills when I was 11 years old. I assume they are still floating around somewhere at my parents house in Spokane.
- With a few exceptions those were also my last vinyls until I was in my 40's, preferring to invest heavily in cassettes (no skipping!) then CD's (no hiss!) then MP3's (no cost!)
- Started buying vinyls again a few years back because I missed the experience of going through records stores and flipping through the used section looking for buried treasures. Also, I got it in my head that I wanted to "recreate the record collection I wished I'd had in my youth."
- Now I'm walking the precarious line of spending all of my time reading about and shopping for new records while trying very hard to be disciplined and keep my collection within the 8-cube Kallax (up from 4 cubes a year ago) as a subjective and ultimately fruitless constraint so as not to cripple my wallet, square footage and marriage.