Wax Buyers Club

Hi Edd
can you tell me a bit about this club and/or send me a few links ?

Thanks
Hi,

Sorry for the delay. :(

You can find anything you want on our website here. And of course on social media with @waxbuyersclub
It is in French, but the usual translate widget in Google Chrome works pretty fine.
To make it short, we're the only french record club to send an exclusive vinyl to our members. Does it remind you another record club? this is basically the same thing except we're much smaller and we're working only with independant label. We try to choose different style each month (even if we do have some preferences) and alternate with label we're working with from the beginning and new label.

If you have any question, tell me. A few members are also on this thread, maybe they can give you another look. :)

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. :(

You can find anything you want on our website here. And of course on social media with @waxbuyersclub
It is in French, but the usual translate widget in Google Chrome works pretty fine.
To make it short, we're the only french record club to send an exclusive vinyl to our members. Does it remind you another record club? this is basically the same thing except we're much smaller and we're working only with independant label. We try to choose different style each month (even if we do have some preferences) and alternate with label we're working with from the beginning and new label.

If you have any question, tell me. A few members are also on this thread, maybe they can give you another look. :)

Sure we can! @ByersVinyl let me know if you have any question. I'm a subscriber for 5 months now so maybe I can help.

thanks @Skalap
i will check the website out but a quick overall review from a subscriber would be useful. 👍

Quick review of my subscription: I never received any warped record or damaged sleeve, and that is big difference with a certain club we all know :p There is music for everyone but if you are in trip-hop, hip-hop, beats, funk or world grooves, you'll be very happy. They already worked a few times with Tidal Waves Music (Funkadelic, Harold Alexander, Ofege, Exile One, Nina Simone or Funkproof) and they recently repressed very good records of Roots Manuva or Henri Texier. I am not sure you should expect MONSTER exclusives from WBC (no offense @Edd) so be prepared to discover new stuff rather than having an exclusive QOTSA or Fiona Apple at some time. But who knows?

Apart of the AotM they don't produce other exclusives (you can buy previous AotM if these are still available) but they have a web shop where you can buy records (fair prices and all genres). It's very easy to contact them, I never waited more than an hour to have an answer, here or on their web site using the chat.

I am overall very satisfied, I wish they could offer more exclusives linked to the AotM sometimes but I get that it might be very difficult, logistically and economically speaking, and only thing I can wish them is to grow enough to be able to do more

Quick review of my subscription: I never received any warped record or damaged sleeve, and that is big difference with a certain club we all know :p There is music for everyone but if you are in trip-hop, hip-hop, beats, funk or world grooves, you'll be very happy. They already worked a few times with Tidal Waves Music (Funkadelic, Harold Alexander, Ofege, Exile One, Nina Simone or Funkproof) and they recently repressed very good records of Roots Manuva or Henri Texier. I am not sure you should expect MONSTER exclusives from WBC (no offense @Edd) so be prepared to discover new stuff rather than having an exclusive QOTSA or Fiona Apple at some time. But who knows?

Apart of the AotM they don't produce other exclusives (you can buy previous AotM if these are still available) but they have a web shop where you can buy records (fair prices and all genres). It's very easy to contact them, I never waited more than an hour to have an answer, here or on their web site using the chat.

I am overall very satisfied, I wish they could offer more exclusives linked to the AotM sometimes but I get that it might be very difficult, logistically and economically speaking, and only thing I can wish them is to grow enough to be able to do more

Skalap just write what we want to do :
- Sending good vinyl in perfect shape at a nice price (exclusive or not).
- Making you discover new artists on exclusive release.
- Growing our "business" to offer you better vinyl.

94€ for 3 Months
With shipping. :)

Just for you to know that tax system and shipping from France does not allowing us to offer a better deal on international shipping. We're really sorry for that.

Don't know this LP, sorry… but we definitly take a look. Thanks for this reco. If we like the album and if the repress is possible, we'll do it.

Don't hesitate to browse the Needles & Grooves album of the month series, this one was unfortunately sold out by the time most of our members found out about it. It's a classic and it's GOOD.

Got mine yesterday, Looking Forward to spin it. Looks gorgeous. Maybe i can post a picture later

• On Fire
Reactions: Edd
He @Edd, i saw that this was limited and hand-numbered to 400 copies. Is tah usually the case for the Releases that they are numbered and that limited or is this due to the hand-printed cover ?

He @Edd, i saw that this was limited and hand-numbered to 400 copies. Is tah usually the case for the Releases that they are numbered and that limited or is this due to the hand-printed cover ?
It is due to the hand print cover. Last time we've done this, it was for this fantastic french stoner band, The Texas Chainsaw Dust Lovers. It was not an easy decision to make, because we've got a lot of competitor in France for vinyl subscription club and we did not want them to get this number.
In the end, it was the right decision :
- Our members can see how small we are. It makes our exclusive release very real. (Have you seen the great repress of Joy Division with a white cover? It is a "limited edition" of 30 000 vinyl…)
- It shows as well how our prices are fair. We really can't do economy of scale.
- When we work with small label (Underdog Records, Howlin Banana, RPUT), it really make a difference for them. 400 copies can be huge for some.

So, we'll do Hand-Numbered again!

It is due to the hand print cover. Last time we've done this, it was for this fantastic french stoner band, The Texas Chainsaw Dust Lovers. It was not an easy decision to make, because we've got a lot of competitor in France for vinyl subscription club and we did not want them to get this number.
In the end, it was the right decision :
- Our members can see how small we are. It makes our exclusive release very real. (Have you seen the great repress of Joy Division with a white cover? It is a "limited edition" of 30 000 vinyl…)
- It shows as well how our prices are fair. We really can't do economy of scale.
- When we work with small label (Underdog Records, Howlin Banana, RPUT), it really make a difference for them. 400 copies can be huge for some.

So, we'll do Hand-Numbered again!

Any hints for next month ? :)

Back