Wax Buyers Club

Don´t worry, i just signed up for three months and i won´t swap this. Is the the mini bio in english or do i have to dust up my French?
Ha ha thanks. :)
the mini-bio is in french, but I've a digital english version. I will post it here by the begining of november. Do not hesitate to ask for it I forgot. :)

Reactions: Jan
Ha ha thanks. :)
the mini-bio is in french, but I've a digital english version. I will post it here by the begining of november. Do not hesitate to ask for it I forgot. :)
I try how far i get reading the French Version and will check what i got wrong in the english Version. I van read your Website Pretty well, only sometimes have to switch language with Google.

He @Edd wanted to Point a release from a german jazz /electronic Music Project sepalot Quartett - A new cycle your way.
There is only a very small Vinyl run and i think it would fit along well with the asthetics of your club and could use a deluxe Vinyl issue. Sepalot is the former DJ from a german hip hop band called Blumentopf who released some electronic records, but assembled a Quartett of him on turntables, Fabian Fuess on drums and vocals, Angela Aux on Bass and Matthias Lindermayer on trumpet to play his stuff live. A New cycle is the product of that.

He @Edd wanted to Point a release from a german jazz /electronic Music Project sepalot Quartett - A new cycle your way.
There is only a very small Vinyl run and i think it would fit along well with the asthetics of your club and could use a deluxe Vinyl issue. Sepalot is the former DJ from a german hip hop band called Blumentopf who released some electronic records, but assembled a Quartett of him on turntables, Fabian Fuess on drums and vocals, Angela Aux on Bass and Matthias Lindermayer on trumpet to play his stuff live. A New cycle is the product of that.

Many Thanks @Jan. I will definitly take an ear on this!

had time to spin the asm a couple of times on the weekend and definitely one of my favourite hip hop releases of the year.

Reactions: Edd
Passion Jones arrived today. Did not have time to practise my french on the mini bio yet

I hope you will like the music. Tell me if you need the mini bio in English. :)

Reactions: Jan
I liked what i heard of the album via streaming so far. Did not have the time to spin it, yet

Reactions: Edd
I have been diving into the archives of the Wax Buyer's Club picks. I can't really join because the cost of shipping seems like it would be too much. But I've been streaming some of these. (Chrome will translate the site for you, just an FYI).

Parson Jones is fun! It has a light and easy vibe. Almost pop rock. If you all are digging Parson Jones, check out the Generationals.

ASM, Roots Manuva and Kraak & Smaak were all really cool crate diggy/hip hop/beats driven fun. @Jonathan Y - you should check out these artists!

Henri Texier blew me away. This is the kind of stuff I am mad that I didn't know about before. Lol. And this guy has SO MUCH music, I feel really ignorant not to have known of him before. But wow, the album chosen was really awesome and I look forward to digging into more of his stuff.

The Young Sinclairs just really confused me. The 1st song to the 2nd song is like 2 different bands altogether. The first song is shoegazey. And then the second song is like that movie "That Thing You Do". My brain did not know what to do with it. If I had to describe this album in one phrase it would be bi-polar.

Wizard Must Die is some good sludge metal. @Goatfish may dig this.

I couldn't find Funk Proof or Exile One on Spotify. I'll look elsewhere. I'm going to keep going through the archive, so, if you all don't mind, I may post more impressions later.

My impressions: The genres are hugely diverse. I love it!!! This is definitely a club I would join if they were in the USA. My only slight and constructive criticism - more female artists! But this is the kind of curation that just hits a sweet spot for me. I glanced through the archives and think I only knew a handful of the artists. So a majority of it is new-to-me.

I have been diving into the archives of the Wax Buyer's Club picks. I can't really join because the cost of shipping seems like it would be too much. But I've been streaming some of these. (Chrome will translate the site for you, just an FYI).

Parson Jones is fun! It has a light and easy vibe. Almost pop rock. If you all are digging Parson Jones, check out the Generationals.

ASM, Roots Manuva and Kraak & Smaak were all really cool crate diggy/hip hop/beats driven fun. @Jonathan Y - you should check out these artists!

Henri Texier blew me away. This is the kind of stuff I am mad that I didn't know about before. Lol. And this guy has SO MUCH music, I feel really ignorant not to have known of him before. But wow, the album chosen was really awesome and I look forward to digging into more of his stuff.

The Young Sinclairs just really confused me. The 1st song to the 2nd song is like 2 different bands altogether. The first song is shoegazey. And then the second song is like that movie "That Thing You Do". My brain did not know what to do with it. If I had to describe this album in one phrase it would be bi-polar.

I couldn't find Funk Proof or Exile One on Spotify. I'll look elsewhere. I'm going to keep going through the archive, so, if you all don't mind, I may post more impressions later.

My impressions: The genres are hugely diverse. I love it!!! This is definitely a club I would join if they were in the USA. My only slight and constructive criticism - more female artists! But this is the kind of curation that just hits a sweet spot for me. I glanced through the archives and think I only knew a handful of the artists. So a majority of it is new-to-me.

Wax Tailor and Kognitif are great too! I strongly recommend the first!

Wax Tailor and Kognitif are great too! I strongly recommend the first!
I'm getting there! I see them on the list.

Please tell me your impressions of The Young Sinclairs. I'm curious if I'm alone in my assessment.

You can get a regular black Varech on Mr. Bongo US , Henri Texier is just amazing, and Varech is probably his masterpiece, even if I also like his most recent records as well !

Last edited:

Many thanks for this review. We'd like so much to be able to send our vinyl to international for much less money even it is impossible right now.
If you can listen and enjoy our curation on streaming service, this is really good news.

We do try to choose different genres each month, even if we've a thing for Soul/funk, Jazz and HipHop.

The main thing of WaxBuyersClub is to work with independant labels and artists. Some are more famous, but some like Wizard Must Die are just 3 guys in their garage and no label. But they sound HEAVY. For the record the drummer and soud enginner is Christophe Hoggomat from Texas Chainsaw Dust Lover (Disque du mois - Mai - 2016 – Wax Buyers Club).

Maybe you can listen to French 79 also, who just released his second album last week.
Motorama, our first ROTM, great cold wave from Russia on Talitres Records (French Label), deserve a dig.

About The Young Sinclairs, it is an enigma for me as well. Every thing they have done is great but I share your feeling. You might thing is 2 different band on some tracks. Their label is Requiem Pour Un Twister, managed by 2 brothers.

I might find a reedeem code for FunkProof. Send me PM if you want. :)

PLEASE : continue to post more impressions. :)

A little early to tease everybody here but december is about to be jazzy.

Many thanks for this review. We'd like so much to be able to send our vinyl to international for much less money even it is impossible right now.
If you can listen and enjoy our curation on streaming service, this is really good news.

We do try to choose different genres each month, even if we've a thing for Soul/funk, Jazz and HipHop.

The main thing of WaxBuyersClub is to work with independant labels and artists. Some are more famous, but some like Wizard Must Die are just 3 guys in their garage and no label. But they sound HEAVY. For the record the drummer and soud enginner is Christophe Hoggomat from Texas Chainsaw Dust Lover (Disque du mois - Mai - 2016 – Wax Buyers Club).

Maybe you can listen to French 79 also, who just released his second album last week.
Motorama, our first ROTM, great cold wave from Russia on Talitres Records (French Label), deserve a dig.

About The Young Sinclairs, it is an enigma for me as well. Every thing they have done is great but I share your feeling. You might thing is 2 different band on some tracks. Their label is Requiem Pour Un Twister, managed by 2 brothers.

I might find a reedeem code for FunkProof. Send me PM if you want. :)

PLEASE : continue to post more impressions. :)

A little early to tease everybody here but december is about to be jazzy.

Modern jazz or classic jazz?

Back