Wax Buyers Club

Hi @Edd just rejoined but feel free to send the December record along with january i am in no hurry

Oops, I forgot Boxing Day is a thing outside of the US. I bought ASM's Blue Cocoon last week. It's actually probably better that I didn't wait, since it looks like I snatched up the last copy.

btw @Edd my wife was overjoyed to find Deluxe's Stachelight underneath the Christmas tree. :)

Ah bollocks! I knew I'd gone early.

Oops, I forgot Boxing Day is a thing outside of the US. I bought ASM's Blue Cocoon last week. It's actually probably better that I didn't wait, since it looks like I snatched up the last copy.

btw @Edd my wife was overjoyed to find Deluxe's Stachelight underneath the Christmas tree. :)

Never easy to start a discount code, every time it is a bit frustating for those who bought some vinyl a day or a week ago.
I usually doing this king of discount 2 times a year : end of july and end of december.
@NewsFedora is right : our stock are very low so there was great chance that you're missing the vinyl you wanted if you've been waiting too long. (happy that your wife enjoyed Deluxe!)

Never easy to start a discount code, every time it is a bit frustating for those who bought some vinyl a day or a week ago.
I usually doing this king of discount 2 times a year : end of july and end of december.
@NewsFedora is right : our stock are very low so there was great chance that you're missing the vinyl you wanted if you've been waiting too long. (happy that your wife enjoyed Deluxe!)
Wasn't a criticism, Edd. More an 'ah shucks' moment. And you were a good £5- £8 quid cheaper than everyone else for me to start with anyway (plus when I did check one of the lps I bought was out of stock so I think you're right)

I'm guessing @Skalap is on vacation or else he probably would have posted this:

Oh ho! Lots of clues here! The most obvious is Jalapeno Records is tagged on the tweet. Not too surprising, as Ed has worked with them for several past ROTMs.

Zoom in on the picture and you can just make out the credits "by Hillman" and "by Jones." Jones isn't particularly helpful, but when you combine "Hillman" and Jalapeno you get Hillman Mondegreen of the Ephemerals. As far as I know, there is no band member by the name of "Jones," although a Rob Jones is credited as a producer on some of their albums.

Ephemerals recently put out a new album called "The Third Eye" that's already on black vinyl, so could this be it? Discogs currently doesn't list credits for the album but if I look reaaaaalllly hard at the LP's back album art on their Bandcamp, I can just make out "mixed by rob jones" on it.

Is that my guess?

X1Lm21O.png

The record's label is totally different from what is shown on their Bandcamp! There should be some reddish, smoky flame! Instead, the WBC is (from what we can see) much more plain with some black, scribble-like markings that kind of match the streaks in the blue vinyl.

So what is it, then?

This album rules, btw.

Just getting around to streaming this and it's fabulous. Fantastic pick. Looking forward to giving it a proper play on the grown up system. Good work @Edd

Had the chance to spin this the first time today ( thanks again @Rowan For the stellar pif). I really liked the asm album but I might even enjoy this a little more. The production and the samples on this are gorgeous.
I'm with you on that. Color Wheel is a really good album overall, although it has one or two tracks that are pretty weak imo. Clouds in a Headlock just bangs from start to finish.

Hi,

Good news : all shipment are done for january! You should receive your copy very soon. :) I hope you're love it.
We've been experienced a nasty bug with a few (40) monthly sub this month : some members have been charged 2 times.
The people concerned were immediately repaid, and were notified by email. There are mainly international subscribers on this forum, who are not affected by this bug (now resolved).
If you ever notice an anomaly, do not hesitate to come back to me.

Hi there.

Sad day. One of our former member, Alexandre Passant, died from cancer. I don't know if he was on this forum thought. He was running this music blog and did a very cool unbloxing last year about vmp and wbc.

Fait chier putain.

That's shit. I'm sorry for your loss, and hope you are OK.

I didn't know him, but will take a proper look at his blog later. It looks really good.

That's shit. I'm sorry for your loss, and hope you are OK.

I didn't know him, but will take a proper look at his blog later. It looks really good.
I just did have a few talk with him, by mail, about music. I finally have a lot of musical talk with members, it might the most interesting thing with running a vinyl club.

Giving Jef Gilson's WBC exclusive a first spin. If it's still available and you didn't grab a copy yet, I suggest you jump on this. The music and recordings are great and the pressing is flawless.

View attachment 83194

It's a really good performance and I think I said earlier how fascinating it is to play it back-to-back with the studio album. I think I like the studio album a little more overall, probably because they had a few months to tweak and polish their performances after the concert. But there's a definite fast and loose feeling captured in the live performance that I really enjoy.

I hope Sam Records gets to put out more from Gilson's archives, because I'd definitely be interested.

Cross post from Fresh Grabs thread > Fresh delivery from the Wax Buyers Club :

Ephemerals ‎– Nothin Is Easy (Jalapeno Records / 2021 WBC Exclusive on marbled blue vinyl)
The Nathan Davis Sextet ‎– Peace Treaty (Sam Records / 2020 reissue)
John Lewis & Sacha Distel ‎– Afternoon In Paris (Sam Records / 2015 reissue)

1610356516766.png

Cross post from Fresh Grabs thread > Fresh delivery from the Wax Buyers Club :

Ephemerals ‎– Nothin Is Easy (Jalapeno Records / 2021 WBC Exclusive on marbled blue vinyl)
The Nathan Davis Sextet ‎– Peace Treaty (Sam Records / 2020 reissue)
John Lewis & Sacha Distel ‎– Afternoon In Paris (Sam Records / 2015 reissue)
Jannuary the 11th? Damn it took ages!

Back