Wax Buyers Club

so i might rejoin late this month if there is still enough money left after xmas presents for the kids. Is there still a chance to get in on Jef Gilson and/or clouds in headlock

Do I have this right?

Clouds in a Headlock are:
-Gt Lovecraft aka Green-T of ASM
-Èph aka Funky Poet of ASM
-Doctor Outer aka Mattic

Would anyone get mad if I linked them up as such on discogs? I know they're trying to be enigmatic with their aliases but it really isn't that hard to figure out who is who. ;)

Fun, random fact: while ASM is pretty new to me, I first got exposed to Mattic about 10 years ago or so when he did a fan mix of sorts where he rapped over a bunch of Dr. Who Dat (aka Jneiro Jarel) beats.

Do I have this right?

Clouds in a Headlock are:
-Gt Lovecraft aka Green-T of ASM
-Èph aka Funky Poet of ASM
-Doctor Outer aka Mattic

Would anyone get mad if I linked them up as such on discogs? I know they're trying to be enigmatic with their aliases but it really isn't that hard to figure out who is who. ;)

Fun, random fact: while ASM is pretty new to me, I first got exposed to Mattic about 10 years ago or so when he did a fan mix of sorts where he rapped over a bunch of Dr. Who Dat (aka Jneiro Jarel) beats.
I think you do. I don't know where is the problem, this is the part of the game isn't it? :)

Since we are talking about GT, look what he just send me. I was looking for this at a decent price for years and I told him that a year ago, christmas is early this year. Guys from Chinese Man Records are the best.

IMG_8060.jpg

Yes, guys from ASM are in the game for a long time now. I'm pretty sure I heard them before knowing them as well.

I think you do. I don't know where is the problem, this is the part of the game isn't it? :)

Since we are talking about GT, look what he just send me. I was looking for this at a decent price for years and I told him that a year ago, christmas is early this year. Guys from Chinese Man Records are the best.

View attachment 79367

Yes, guys from ASM are in the game for a long time now. I'm pretty sure I heard them before knowing them as well.

That's awesome. I've been looking at ASM's discography to see if any of their older stuff is at all affordable (especially in the States) and the answer is... nope, not really. lol

I might grab Blue Cocoon from your store for next month's box, though.

Can't wait to receive my box. Colissimo says it should be delivered tomorrow.
A colissimo delivery in two days, it will be a first since 6 months.

edit : lucky man.

Last edited:
AotM related. Souffle Continu, a Parisian record store and label released two rare Jef Gilson recordings :

cover+bundle.jpg

I just got my Live a Gavaeu today, looking forward to giving it a spin. What is the Horace Tapscott like?

I'm always tempted by the Miles Davis but I already have 2 different versions 😬

I don't know about Tascott's. I didn't had time to spin the record yet but, in terms of quality, I believe it's on the same level as Sam Records (pressed and manufactured at Pallas on 180g vinyl, licensed from Horace Tapscott Family, insert with photos, limited to 1000 copies). Phil Ranelin from Tribe Records and Dwight Trible are in the group too. You can stream two songs on Bandcamp.

I don't have any other version of Ascenseur Pour L'Échafaud so when Edd added the record to the WBC, it didn't take long for me to place my order :)

AotM related. Souffle Continu, a Parisian record store and label released two rare Jef Gilson recordings :

cover+bundle.jpg

Christmas is cancelled. Skalap has introduced me to a new jazz label 🤯

Ordered the Jef Gilson, Sahib Shihab, along with the Alain Bellaiche that is available.

I don't know about Tascott's. I didn't had time to spin the record yet but, in terms of quality, I believe it's on the same level as Sam Records (pressed and manufactured at Pallas on 180g vinyl, licensed from Horace Tapscott Family, insert with photos, limited to 1000 copies). Phil Ranelin from Tribe Records and Dwight Trible are in the group too. You can stream two songs on Bandcamp.

I don't have any other version of Ascenseur Pour L'Échafaud so when Edd added the record to the WBC, it didn't take long for me to place my order :)

I will have to pick up the Tapscott, I didn't realise it was another limited to 1000 edition. I'm on the fence with the Miles, but I love it & the SAM issue will probably be the best, let's see how long I can hold out :)

I have a question for you Wax Buyers Club members, I actually posted over on the Jazz thread before realising this exists! I was just looking at the Jef Gilson Big Band ‎– Jef Gilson A Gaveau and noticed that the Wax Buyers club version has a different track ordering. Is this correct? I assumed it was the same pressing but a different jacket etc? Is it a live version or something?

I have a question for you Wax Buyers Club members, I actually posted over on the Jazz thread before realising this exists! I was just looking at the Jef Gilson Big Band ‎– Jef Gilson A Gaveau and noticed that the Wax Buyers club version has a different track ordering. Is this correct? I assumed it was the same pressing but a different jacket etc? Is it a live version or something?
Yup. Its proper mint too

Live recording made a few months before the studio session. Never released in any form before now.

Back