Wax Buyers Club

Oh wow! Im going to have to get this. I will have a look at the 1 month now, seems really reasonable.

Can I just ask, I have made an account and put the 1 Month in my bag (the Jef Gilson). I have then put my details in and it takes me to the order page of € 24.99. The next step it asking for my card info. Surely it costs more than that as I am international (UK)? I just want to make sure I pay the correct amount and haven't somehow fallen into a loophole.

Edit: Think I have found the issue, I appear to have added the wrong sub to my bag. Is the minimum for internationals a 4 month sub?

Reactions: Edd
Oh wow! Im going to have to get this. I will have a look at the 1 month now, seems really reasonable.

Can I just ask, I have made an account and put the 1 Month in my bag (the Jef Gilson). I have then put my details in and it takes me to the order page of € 24.99. The next step it asking for my card info. Surely it costs more than that as I am international (UK)? I just want to make sure I pay the correct amount and haven't somehow fallen into a loophole.
@Edd can help you out but think International is only via the 4 month option... Unless its changed.

Im trying to work out what I picked up in the last 4 month cycle. The Brooks (Curtis esq funk stuff) Varech, Skull Sessions and the Clouds in a Headlock that I PIF'd to Jan. There is usually a bit of Sam stuff in the store too. It's a proper solid club to be honest.

@Edd can help you out but think International is only via the 4 month option... Unless its changed.

Im trying to work out what I picked up in the last 4 month cycle. The Brooks (Curtis esq funk stuff) Varech, Skull Sessions and the Clouds in a Headlock that I PIF'd to Jan. There is usually a bit of Sam stuff in the store too. It's a proper solid club to be honest.
Cool, thanks for this! Yeah looks really good!

Yep, you can only subscribe to the 4 month international subscription from the UK

Thanks @Selaws for your membership. But yes, international is only 4 & 12 months. Very sorry for that. I'll put a note on your order within the hour : you must receive an email. if not... --> check your spam. If not in your spams --> ping me here. :)

Customer service is over here! :)

Edit : no sub in UK today, so @Selaws you can find our international membership here.

Thanks @Selaws for your membership. But yes, international is only 4 & 12 months. Very sorry for that. I'll put a note on your order within the hour : you must receive an email. if not... --> check your spam. If not in your spams --> ping me here. :)

Customer service is over here! :)

Edit : no sub in UK today, so @Selaws you can find our international membership here.
Hi @Edd.

I set up an account but before I put the payment details through I closed it and asked the questions on this forum, so no payments have been made. I will have a chat about it and might sign up in a couple of weeks time, it would be a good on to use some Christmas money towards. Cheers!

So the Sam Records is the next release? Has anyone subbed from the USA side of the pond. I’m Not at home. What is $$$s for a 4mth with international shipping?

Hi @Edd.

I set up an account but before I put the payment details through I closed it and asked the questions on this forum, so no payments have been made. I will have a chat about it and might sign up in a couple of weeks time, it would be a good on to use some Christmas money towards. Cheers!

I subscribed in June last year so I have been a member for a year and a half now. I know you are a jazz fan and, except if WBC turns in to Jazz Buyers Club, you won't have a jazz exclusive every month. Though, the few jazz records I had were all amazing. Henri Texier's Varech, Donald Byrd - In Paris, Oliver Nelson - Skull Session and now Jef Gilson were all very well done, the pressings were flawless, the colours of Varech and Skull Session are beautiful and Sam Records, well, are Sam Records so you know what you get. I didn't like everything I received at the same level but WBC helped me to discover some great bands, even with past releases (The Brooks just to name one). Plus, Edd adds Sam Records releades every month so you can at least save on shipping. I don't know if Edd has any jazz record in the plans for the next four months (look at me genuinely trying to have a clue on the next releases) but IMO it's worth a try.

So the Sam Records is the next release? Has anyone subbed from the USA side of the pond. I’m Not at home. What is $$$s for a 4mth with international shipping?

It comes out to about $36 or $37 a record, shipping included. So in the neighborhood of $145 total, give or take a couple of bucks depending on how the currency exchange rate is.

It comes out to about $36 or $37 a record, shipping included. So in the neighborhood of $145 total, give or take a couple of bucks depending on how the currency exchange rate is.

Thanks. Just found that handy little translate to English button on my iPhone. :). All good now.

Listening to these back to back is really interesting. The live album I think has a faster, looser pace compared to the studio album. They're mostly the same songs with the same lineup but they do sound pretty different overall. I like the contrast and am glad I was able to get both albums.

Cheers on another WBC home run, Ed. 🍻

Sorry to keep bumping this thread, but as a person who does not speak French, was anything of note said by Gilson between the two takes of the Dizzy Gillespie song? At first I figured he was just introducing/thanking the band, but I was wondering if he explained to the audience why they were about to perform the same song again.

Sorry to keep bumping this thread, but as a person who does not speak French, was anything of note said by Gilson between the two takes of the Dizzy Gillespie song? At first I figured he was just introducing/thanking the band, but I was wondering if he explained to the audience why they were about to perform the same song again.
Sorry for the late answer. I must looking for the answer.

I'm guessing @Skalap is on vacation or else he probably would have posted this:

Oh ho! Lots of clues here! The most obvious is Jalapeno Records is tagged on the tweet. Not too surprising, as Ed has worked with them for several past ROTMs.

Zoom in on the picture and you can just make out the credits "by Hillman" and "by Jones." Jones isn't particularly helpful, but when you combine "Hillman" and Jalapeno you get Hillman Mondegreen of the Ephemerals. As far as I know, there is no band member by the name of "Jones," although a Rob Jones is credited as a producer on some of their albums.

Ephemerals recently put out a new album called "The Third Eye" that's already on black vinyl, so could this be it? Discogs currently doesn't list credits for the album but if I look reaaaaalllly hard at the LP's back album art on their Bandcamp, I can just make out "mixed by rob jones" on it.

Is that my guess?

X1Lm21O.png

The record's label is totally different from what is shown on their Bandcamp! There should be some reddish, smoky flame! Instead, the WBC is (from what we can see) much more plain with some black, scribble-like markings that kind of match the streaks in the blue vinyl.

So what is it, then?

This album rules, btw.

So til when do I have to join to receive jef Gilson for ny first month and ephemeral next month?

Reactions: Edd
Back