Wax Buyers Club

You probably have already answered this question here but what was the first exclusive WBC variant? Was it The Texas Chainsaw Dust Lovers?
Well, I had to dig in my memories.

Our first record of the month was the first press of Motorama second album, on white vinyl. Poverty is one of the best cold wave LP I heard.
Our first non variant vinyl but with a bit of exclusive was 2 months later : Songs of the Time Lost, by Piers Facinni and Vincent Segal. It cames with a graphic insert, made by Piers.
Our first bundle variant was Azur, by Triptides. It cames with an 7" on white vinyl, very limited edition but non-exclusive. August 2015.
So yes, The Texas Chainsaw Dust Lovers was the first exclusive variant. It was very funny to make because some members got the green color, and others the grey. If some of you here got our september ROTM, it is the same band with a shorter name. I might have said it before, but this album of may 2016, Me & The Devil, is not available any more on streaming. It should be back soon, I hope.

We start to have our logo on the back cover with Løzninger + Kitowski, at the beginning of 2017. I was SO HAPPY you can not imagine. Even today, with more members, I can have it all the time.

This album, Looking Glass II by Jay-Jay Johanson, is more than an exclusive variant. It was ONLY available at Wax Buyers Club. JJJ made it just for us. Some of his best songs, recorded on his piano with his home studio. I still can not believe it, and have no idea why : working with a label and an artist to get you an exclusive each month, on my free time, is cool BUT difficult.
I did contact JJJ for an exclusive with his new album at the time, Bury The Hatchet. He answered back, and said "No, I have a better idea". 3 months later, we did have this splendid record on the turntable and no one else.

EDIT: oh and I just received 4x Tidal Waves/ WBC exclusive variants in the mail.

Yes the Nina Simone exclusive!

Well, I had to dig in my memories.

Our first record of the month was the first press of Motorama second album, on white vinyl. Poverty is one of the best cold wave LP I heard.
Our first non variant vinyl but with a bit of exclusive was 2 months later : Songs of the Time Lost, by Piers Facinni and Vincent Segal. It cames with a graphic insert, made by Piers.
Our first bundle variant was Azur, by Triptides. It cames with an 7" on white vinyl, very limited edition but non-exclusive. August 2015.
So yes, The Texas Chainsaw Dust Lovers was the first exclusive variant. It was very funny to make because some members got the green color, and others the grey. If some of you here got our september ROTM, it is the same band with a shorter name. I might have said it before, but this album of may 2016, Me & The Devil, is not available any more on streaming. It should be back soon, I hope.

We start to have our logo on the back cover with Løzninger + Kitowski, at the beginning of 2017. I was SO HAPPY you can not imagine. Even today, with more members, I can have it all the time.

This album, Looking Glass II by Jay-Jay Johanson, is more than an exclusive variant. It was ONLY available at Wax Buyers Club. JJJ made it just for us. Some of his best songs, recorded on his piano with his home studio. I still can not believe it, and have no idea why : working with a label and an artist to get you an exclusive each month, on my free time, is cool BUT difficult.
I did contact JJJ for an exclusive with his new album at the time, Bury The Hatchet. He answered back, and said "No, I have a better idea". 3 months later, we did have this splendid record on the turntable and no one else.

Yes the Nina Simone exclusive!

Thank you for these clarifications. I would have compliment your work but since you are not giving any hint, I won't. Jokes aside and as we already discussed, I am after previous WBC AotM so it will help me during my quest. This story with JJJ is amazing, it could have been one of your highest moment as WBC owner.

Thank you for these clarifications. I would have compliment your work but since you are not giving any hint, I won't. Jokes aside and as we already discussed, I am after previous WBC AotM so it will help me during my quest. This story with JJJ is amazing, it could have been one of your highest moment as WBC owner.

Ok ok, I'll give you some hints buy september the 20th.

Definitly yes for JJJ. I've had some bad moments as well, like the time I've been sued a few days after opening business or when the website has been hacked in december 2018.

Last edited:
My two latest WBC albums came at the weekend and I've now had chance to listen to them... I picked up the Dust Lovers rotm and Extraa, both look and sound amazing :cool:

I previously picked up Henri Texier, the Brooks and Oliver Nelson, all in all they make a really nice set of albums. I'm really pleased with the quality and curation from WBC, and looking forward to finding out what lies ahead :)

My two latest WBC albums came at the weekend and I've now had chance to listen to them... I picked up the Dust Lovers rotm and Extraa, both look and sound amazing :cool:

I previously picked up Henri Texier, the Brooks and Oliver Nelson, all in all they make a really nice set of albums. I'm really pleased with the quality and curation from WBC, and looking forward to finding out what lies ahead :)
It is a good start! The end of 2020 will be huge : this is not a secret for the Sam Records of December, and even if I can say more of it right now, it will be a real Christmas for all Jazz Fan over here.

What's about October and November? Well, time for a hint for October. I don't know where to start, maybe the release date? November the 16th, 2010.

It is a good start! The end of 2020 will be huge : this is not a secret for the Sam Records of December, and even if I can say more of it right now, it will be a real Christmas for all Jazz Fan over here.

What's about October and November? Well, time for a hint for October. I don't know where to start, maybe the release date? November the 16th, 2010.

Stereolab would fit. They're kinda french too? Oui? (and also awesome!)

You did not mention the kid rock album that came out the same day
Hahaha. Massive oversight. Maybe Jesu would be a bit more fitting.... but less exciting for sure

Reactions: Jan
@Skalap - I’m sure you will be able to figure what the October ROTM will be after Edd giving us this very generous clue! 🤗

It's supposed to be an album released on an independent label. It's already hard to guess the right popular album by it's release date, now imagine guessing the right obscure album released on an obscure indie label. But if I understand well, it's a 10th anniversary reissue!

It's supposed to be an album released on an independent label. It's already hard to guess the right popular album by it's release date, now imagine guessing the right obscure album released on an obscure indie label. But if I understand well, it's a 10th anniversary reissue!

Well, this is where is start to be complicated. The first release was at Universal. It is not any more, this why I could make it.
And no, it is not obscure at all. Everybody on this forum, and in France, has ever heard at least of the song that is on this album.
@Edd is this a first time on vinyl or a reissue?

Reissue. The First Press is out of price.

Well, this is where is start to be complicated. The first release was at Universal. It is not any more, this why I could make it.
And no, it is not obscure at all. Everybody on this forum, and in France, has ever heard at least of the song that is on this album.

Reissue. The First Press is out of price.
Omg, I’m so excited Edd! Maybe we are getting Stromae! We all know the song ‘Alors On Danse’! Right!!! 😍😍😍

AND IT WAS RELEASED ON UNIVERSAL! 😱😱😱

Back