Wax Buyers Club

Man, I am having some rotten luck lately. The Brooks arrived today but both records are terribly warped. 😭

Minor warps I can live with, but these are bad enough to affect playback. I already messaged Ed and I'm sure he'll take care of me, I just wanted to say how bummed I am because holy moly this album IS AWESOME. Just an amazing discovery and one of the reasons I love record clubs like this.
Man, that's always annoying. Thankfully all my WBC records have been superb. I'm sure you'll be fine tho, Ed seems a good guy and I'm sure he'll put things right. I've been impressed at how quickly things get done at WBC, so I don't think you'll be waiting long!

Man, I am having some rotten luck lately. The Brooks arrived today but both records are terribly warped. 😭

Minor warps I can live with, but these are bad enough to affect playback. I already messaged Ed and I'm sure he'll take care of me, I just wanted to say how bummed I am because holy moly this album IS AWESOME. Just an amazing discovery and one of the reasons I love record clubs like this.
☹️
☕☕☕
💻📩
Sorry for that. It happens...
I got you, you’ll have an answer within minutes.

So who's keeping Dust Lovers and who's swapping?

While I appreciate WBC offering something like Dust Lovers, it's just not something I could see myself spinning so I went the swap route, which also gives me a chance to go through the WBC catalog a bit.

It looks like Roots Manuva was in swaps briefly but I missed out so I settled on Laura Llorens & The Shadows Of Love. I wasn't familiar with them but listened to some of their stuff on Bandcamp and it's really lush soul. This is much more in my wheelhouse. :)

So who's keeping Dust Lovers and who's swapping?

While I appreciate WBC offering something like Dust Lovers, it's just not something I could see myself spinning so I went the swap route, which also gives me a chance to go through the WBC catalog a bit.

It looks like Roots Manuva was in swaps briefly but I missed out so I settled on Laura Llorens & The Shadows Of Love. I wasn't familiar with them but listened to some of their stuff on Bandcamp and it's really lush soul. This is much more in my wheelhouse. :)

Well, if I read my statics well our audience is more into Jazz, Funk and HipHop than Rock'n Roll!. Swap is here for that, even if I feel every swap like a bad thing for our choices! :D

As I already said, SWAP options are not many on purpose. I want to put the light on our ROTM (and keep the swap easy to use), even if it is not the best choice in a business way.

Laura Llorens is a damn good old school soul album, all analogic! The jacket might look a bit old-fashioned, but here in France we consider the "Renault 21 Nevada" as THE CAR form the late 80's! It is a pretty good swap IMY.
I might put a few Roots Manuva by the end of the weekend, and then this will be over for this record. We're very low stock.

Well, if I read my statics well our audience is more into Jazz, Funk and HipHop than Rock'n Roll!. Swap is here for that, even if I feel every swap like a bad thing for our choices! :D

As I already said, SWAP options are not many on purpose. I want to put the light on our ROTM (and keep the swap easy to use), even if it is not the best choice in a business way.

Laura Llorens is a damn good old school soul album, all analogic! The jacket might look a bit old-fashioned, but here in France we consider the "Renault 21 Nevada" as THE CAR form the late 80's! It is a pretty good swap IMY.
I might put a few Roots Manuva by the end of the weekend, and then this will be over for this record. We're very low stock.

Take it as a complement, Edd. I looked at that Laura Llorens and thought it was great too. Plus I'd have been all over Oliver Nelson and Byrd if it had come to it. You've got a strong back catalogue for those coming to the club late. I think I've massively won this month. Mega excited to get my album.

Yeah, I don’t want to swap too often, although since I’m a recent subscriber there are several past WBC records I wouldn’t mind adding to my collection!

I’m not going to swap for a non-WBC album... unless maybe if it’s Deluxe. My wife has been listening to them a LOT lately and I figure it’s never too early to start Christmas shopping.;)

A little update here : we're right on time for september. Shipping will be done on monday morning for most of our members and all International Members. :)
I know some of you here (US and Australia) have not receive their august package yet... overseas shipping can take weeks. :(

A little update here : we're right on time for september. Shipping will be done on monday morning for most of our members and all International Members. :)
I know some of you here (US and Australia) have not receive their august package yet... overseas shipping can take weeks. :(
That's great news! I'm looking super forward to receiving the September ROTM! The colour variant on your Instagram of Fangs looks so good Edd! I love it! :love:

I Received my August package too! It was the package with The Brooks and Donald Byrd and I loved it! Amazing ROTM's! I'm excited to receive the package with Dafuniks and Henri Texier because those two ROTM's are superb picks too! :cool:💎

No rush at all with me when it comes to shipping waiting times too Edd! I'm happy to wait, even if it is a few months! I've been waiting since May for a few records to still arrive to me! Two records from Lido Pimienta shipped to me from her store in May, and I haven't received them yet. However, I think I'll still receive the records, I just have to be patient! :)

That's great news! I'm looking super forward to receiving the September ROTM! The colour variant on your Instagram of Fangs looks so good Edd! I love it! :love:

I Received my August package too! It was the package with The Brooks and Donald Byrd and I loved it! Amazing ROTM's! I'm excited to receive the package with Dafuniks and Henri Texier because those two ROTM's are superb picks too! :cool:💎

No rush at all with me when it comes to shipping waiting times too Edd! I'm happy to wait, even if it is a few months! I've been waiting since May for a few records to still arrive to me! Two records from Lido Pimienta shipped to me from her store in May, and I haven't received them yet. However, I think I'll still receive the records, I just have to be patient! :)
Good news for the first package. The other one must be in your hands soon, it has been sent the same day at the same place. :)

Good news for the first package. The other one must be in your hands soon, it has been sent the same day at the same place. :)
I got the package today and love it!!! Henri Texier's Varech is a stunning album and congratulations on the beautiful, surreal colour variant and overall release on that one! I love it so much! Dafuniks was just such a joy to spin as well! ❤❤❤

Think my new turntable comes on Friday so I'm not playing it until then. It may be first on (although I've kinda already pegged Ryo Fukui's 'Scenery' for first go so Texier might be second on).

I got the package today and love it!!! Henri Texier's Varech is a stunning album and congratulations on the beautiful, surreal colour variant and overall release on that one! I love it so much! Dafuniks was just such a joy to spin as well! ❤❤❤

I must remember you are one month late because of the distance!

I call this Texier Variant the "tarte tatin" color.

Think my new turntable comes on Friday so I'm not playing it until then. It may be first on (although I've kinda already pegged Ryo Fukui's 'Scenery' for first go so Texier might be second on).

Oh, a new turntable. Lucky man.

I received my box yesterday, thanks a lot @Edd! I'll share pictures later today.

One day with Colissimo? Everything happens with La Poste. I did put a bit more Obi in your package if I remember correctly, for your next digging.

I must remember you are one month late because of the distance!

I call this Texier Variant the "tarte tatin" color.

Oh, a new turntable. Lucky man.

One day with Colissimo? Everything happens with La Poste. I did put a bit more Obi in your package if I remember correctly, for your next digging.

You did well! I should have enough OBI until your next shipment :p

So here is the AotM and three Sam Records @Edd had in store. I am looking forward for more of these in store, especially the other two Chet Baker in Paris. I am also very excited to know what will be this Sam exclusive we will have in December. By the way, I received my box the next day it got shipped. I know I live pretty close from @Edd's city but still.

IMG_20200909_204230.jpg

He also kindly added a few goodies like OBIs, WBC stickers, a Stranded Horse flexidisc, a Waxidermist signed postal card and a WBC 7'' adapter. I could use two of these OBI to complete both records below. Thank you for all of this!

IMG_20200909_204718.jpg

Another great month. It's a real pleasure to keep receiving those records on time, well packed and with this level of service and kindness. I now wait for the first clues for next AotM. I should share another picture for 4 more WBC exclusives I grabbed from Discogs in the next days.

Do you know I see what you are doing here @Skalap? You can post as much compliment you want, I will not give you any hint anymore! 😅

You probably have already answered this question here but what was the first exclusive WBC variant? Was it The Texas Chainsaw Dust Lovers?

EDIT: oh and I just received 4x Tidal Waves/ WBC exclusive variants in the mail.

Last edited:
Back