Wax Buyers Club

Ok, first thing you must know about our september ROTM. Does anyone remember the Pearl Jam "No Code" CD? It was delivered with some polaroïd in it. I'm a big fan of this album, still listening to it, on CD.

Well, Clement Collot, Lead singer and Guitarist is also making video and photography. So, during the shooting of the 2 video clip of Fangs (Born to lose & Goldie), a lot of photos has been made. We choose 12 differents pictures, and members will find in their ROTM 3 photos among the 12. And because we love analogic here, I can tell they have been made old school.

Shall we continue with the September vinyl? Why does this record, from a band almost unknown in France outside of the small stoner community, deserve our attention? We've been following them for a while, at the Wax Buyers Club. One of the first records offered in the subscribers' shop was their EP "The Wolf is rising". A small transparent vinyl very well pressed and whose sound already promises to be strong. I invite you to listen to Car Crash, and their cover of "A Man of Constant Sorrow".
They released shortly after Me and The Devil, which you won't find on Spotify or Deezer. They had signed at the time with a small digital label, since closed, and the group is having difficulties with their digital rights to put the album on streaming sites.
This was our second collaboration with them, for a ROTM that had worked well. There are 3 versions of this vinyl: black, green and gray. The colored versions were for our subscribers, distributed randomly.
The group were still called "The Texas Chainsaw Dust Lovers" (in hommage to the film by Tobe Hooper). Not very smart the name, because difficult to remember and not easy to pronounce for a French.
But the group is making its way, and we find it 2 years ago with a high quality concept album "Film Noir". They will be performing at the Hellfest Festival.
Film Noir is released on vinyl record, in 2 different versions. I'm lucky to have 2 copies of the Die-Cut version, made by Knives-Out Records. One of the most beautiful records in my collection.

The sound of the band changes little by little, with an unchanged line-up.

And since I'm talking about the sound of the band, it's time to talk about their drummer and sound engineer, Christophe Hogommat. In my opinion, the guy is a genius. He notably recorded the Wizard Must Die album (he's also on drums), and it sounds like the grown-ups. He's maneuvering on each of the Dust Lovers' albums, making the recordings in his house in the west of France, and the result is absolutely excellent in my opinion.

A little over a year ago, Christophe sent me the recordings of Fangs. New line up (change of bass player and addition of keyboards) and another evolution in sound / style. There is a bit of CRAMPS there, a sound that is sometimes quite 80's (thanks to the keyboards) which can remind you of Depeche Mode and Taxi Girl and above all you never get bored.

It is exactly and absolutely because we want to put some light on these albums and this kind of band that the Wax Buyers Club exists.

Last edited:
Shall we continue with the September vinyl? Why does this record, from a band almost unknown in France outside of the small stoner community, deserve our attention? We've been following them for a while, at the Wax Buyers Club. One of the first records offered in the subscribers' shop was their EP "The Wolf is rising". A small transparent vinyl very well pressed and whose sound already promises to be strong. I invite you to listen to Car Crash, and their cover of "A Man of Constant Sorrow".
They released shortly after Me and The Devil, which you won't find on Spotify or Deezer. They had signed at the time with a small digital label, since closed, and the group is having difficulties with their digital rights to put the album on streaming sites.
This was our second collaboration with them, for a ROTM that had worked well. There are 3 versions of this vinyl: black, green and gray. The colored versions were for our subscribers, distributed randomly.
The group were still called "The Texas Chainsaw Dust Lovers" (in hommage to the film by Tobe Hooper). Not very smart the name, because difficult to remember and not easy to pronounce for a French.
But the group is making its way, and we find it 2 years ago with a high quality concept album "Film Noir". They will be performing at the Hellfest Festival.
Film Noir is released on vinyl record, in 2 different versions. I'm lucky to have 2 copies of the Die-Cut version, made by Knives-Out Records. One of the most beautiful records in my collection.

The sound of the band changes little by little, with an unchanged line-up.

And since I'm talking about the sound of the band, it's time to talk about their drummer and sound engineer, Christophe Hogommat. In my opinion, the guy is a genius. He notably recorded the Wizard Must Die album (he's also on drums), and it sounds like the grown-ups. He's maneuvering on each of the Dust Lovers' albums, making the recordings in his house in the west of France, and the result is absolutely excellent in my opinion.

A little over a year ago, Christophe sent me the recordings of Fangs. New line up (change of bass player and addition of keyboards) and another evolution in sound / style. There is a bit of CRAMPS there, a sound that is sometimes quite 80's (thanks to the keyboards) which can remind you of Depeche Mode and Taxi Girl and above all you never get bored.

It is exactly and absolutely because we want to put some light on these albums and this kind of band that the Wax Buyers Club exists.
I absolutely love this write up Edd! It was so heart-warming to read! It had a big, happy smile on my face from just reading this! 😁🥰😁

I am so happy for Dust Lovers that they are getting some well-deserved recognition because of you! They sound like a really friendly band, and I enjoyed their album 'Fangs' whilst previewing it on iTunes! 👍😇

One more little thing about Fangs, our september ROTM. You might have seen on our mockup that the effect is close to a previous ROTM :

Dust Lovers - Fangs - Wax Buyers Club - MockUP Square.png
Mockup Wizart Must Die Square.png

We did it on purpose, in collaboration with the pressing plant (Vinyl Record Makers). I told you yesterday the link between Wizard Must Die and Dust Lovers : same drumer and sound engineer. There is more : Keyboard and some guitar line have been made by DustLovers Singer for Wizard Must Die. The singer of Wizard Must Die, Florent Michaud, is also the tour guy of Dust Lovers.

You know it all by now. Our website will be up to date for welcoming Fangs by tomorrow, but you can already visit our ROTM webpage.

\m/

One more little thing about Fangs, our september ROTM. You might have seen on our mockup that the effect is close to a previous ROTM :

View attachment 63088
View attachment 63089

We did it on purpose, in collaboration with the pressing plant (Vinyl Record Makers). I told you yesterday the link between Wizard Must Die and Dust Lovers : same drumer and sound engineer. There is more : Keyboard and some guitar line have been made by DustLovers Singer for Wizard Must Die. The singer of Wizard Must Die, Florent Michaud, is also the tour guy of Dust Lovers.

You know it all by now. Our website will be up to date for welcoming Fangs by tomorrow, but you can already visit our ROTM webpage.

\m/

Good timing as I ordered three records from the store 10 minutes ago.

The three Sam Records that were in the store: Chet Baker in Paris Vol 1, Clark Terry & his Orchestra and Bobby Jaspar's S/T album.
Excellent pickups! I got one Chet Baker and one Bobby Jaspar album (and a Chet Baker Quartet album), at an Australian store! And I’ve got a different Chet Baker and Bobby Jaspar album + the Clark Terry album coming as a big package which I ordered from Sam Records! 📦

I’ve nearly got every Sam Records pressing already! I wish I never missed on the boutique Donald Byrd pressing though! That was limited to only 300 copies and I know I’ll never be able to get it for an affordable price on the second market, especially as it’s a ‘boutique’ item! 💎

I love Sam Records so much! It’s my favourite jazz label at the moment for vinyl presses! 🏆

Last edited:
@Edd there are a few titles that are supposed to be back in stock on Sam Records shop mid-September. Will you have these titles in the WBC store as well?

@Edd there are a few titles that are supposed to be back in stock on Sam Records shop. Will you have these titles in the WBC store as well?
Yes! I’m wondering this too! I have all the Chet Baker titles, but I don’t have the Miles Davis 10’’ and John Lewis/Sacha Distel title that’s coming back in stock! I’d love to pick them up if you sold them in your store @Edd and for it to be shipped with my October ROTM or November ROTM as I will save on shipping costs!

@Edd there are a few titles that are supposed to be back in stock on Sam Records shop mid-September. Will you have these titles in the WBC store as well?
Yes! I’m wondering this too! I have all the Chet Baker titles, but I don’t have the Miles Davis 10’’ and John Lewis/Sacha Distel title that’s coming back in stock! I’d love to pick them up if you sold them in your store @Edd and for it to be shipped with my October ROTM or November ROTM as I will save on shipping costs!
Yes. Maybe not everything, but a few of them yes.

Alright, I made my way through that french jungle and was finally able to seal the deal on a four-month-subscription.

At least I was debited 120 EUR so I'm fairly sure it went through. :)

@Edd: Does my subscription start with The Brooks or will Dust Lovers be the first record? If so, never mind, I'll fetch the former from your Discogs.

Alright, I made my way through that french jungle and was finally able to seal the deal on a four-month-subscription.

At least I was debited 120 EUR so I'm fairly sure it went through. :)

@Edd: Does my subscription start with The Brooks or will Dust Lovers be the first record? If so, never mind, I'll fetch the former from your Discogs.
Welcome to the Club, and many thanks!
We're still in august, before the 28th, so your membership will start with the Brooks. Shipping scheduled tomorrow morning.

If you need any help with the french website, feel free to ask. :)

Man, I am having some rotten luck lately. The Brooks arrived today but both records are terribly warped. 😭

Minor warps I can live with, but these are bad enough to affect playback. I already messaged Ed and I'm sure he'll take care of me, I just wanted to say how bummed I am because holy moly this album IS AWESOME. Just an amazing discovery and one of the reasons I love record clubs like this.

• Sad
Reactions: Edd
Back