Wax Buyers Club

Ok, first thing you must know about our september ROTM. Does anyone remember the Pearl Jam "No Code" CD? It was delivered with some polaroïd in it. I'm a big fan of this album, still listening to it, on CD.

Well, Clement Collot, Lead singer and Guitarist is also making video and photography. So, during the shooting of the 2 video clip of Fangs (Born to lose & Goldie), a lot of photos has been made. We choose 12 differents pictures, and members will find in their ROTM 3 photos among the 12. And because we love analogic here, I can tell they have been made old school.

Really? I mean, you bought the Whitney Houston box so...
Don’t be jealous Skalap! That debut album is magnificent. There’s a reason why that album not only was the highest selling album of the 1980’s by a solo female artist, but was also ranked #254 on Rollingstones Greatest 500 Albums of All Time list! It was also ranked #117 on Pitchfork’s 80’s decade list! It was also inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame! 🏆🏆🏆

If you listen to that record, you will be stunned with how incredible it is from just Whitney Houston’s vocals alone! The first few tracks which were produced by Kashif are absolute gems! “You Give Good Love” is sensual, airy, soft, effortlessly sexy, affectionate, and blissful song! The next song “Thinking About You”, is a tropical, driving, synth heavy, flirtatious, charming, dance song that’s also sexy yet youthful and assured! 🔥🔥🔥

Whitney Houston is a classic! It’s way better than Jorja Smith’s debut ‘Lost & Found’, an album I remember you purchasing a few years back! Like...please 🖐

Ok, first thing you must know about our september ROTM. Does anyone remember the Pearl Jam "No Code" CD? It was delivered with some polaroïd in it. I'm a big fan of this album, still listening to it, on CD.

Well, Clement Collot, Lead singer and Guitarist is also making video and photography. So, during the shooting of the 2 video clip of Fangs (Born to lose & Goldie), a lot of photos has been made. We choose 12 differents pictures, and members will find in their ROTM 3 photos among the 12. And because we love analogic here, I can tell they have been made old school.
Omg, that’s so cool! That gives this upcoming ROTM that extra special unique touch and I love that! ♥️💎👌

You have very good taste in terms of colour variants and in terms of how you present a ROTM Edd, so I cannot wait to have this Dust Lovers ROTM in my hands and see those photos and all the other extra special touches you’ve done! 😍

Don’t be jealous Skalap! That debut album is magnificent. There’s a reason why that album not only was the highest selling album of the 1980’s by a solo female artist, but was also ranked #254 on Rollingstones Greatest 500 Albums of All Time list! It was also ranked #117 on Pitchfork’s 80’s decade list! It was also inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame! 🏆🏆🏆

If you listen to that record, you will be stunned with how incredible it is from just Whitney Houston’s vocals alone! The first few tracks which were produced by Kashif are absolute gems! “You Give Good Love” is sensual, airy, soft, effortlessly sexy, affectionate, and blissful song! The next song “Thinking About You”, is a tropical, driving, synth heavy, flirtatious, charming, dance song that’s also sexy yet youthful and assured! 🔥🔥🔥

Whitney Houston is a classic! It’s way better than Jorja Smith’s debut ‘Lost & Found’, an album I remember you purchasing a few years back! Like...please 🖐

Not sure it's a $70 good album and not sure it needs a 35th box anniversary when you can have an original press for less than $10. Plus there is no I Will Always Love You, no I Have Nothing, no I Wanna Dance With Somebody, no Didn't We Almost Have It All, no I'm Every Woman, etc... Ok there is Saving All My Life For You but that's it.

And don't you dare comparing Whitney Houston debut with Jorja's (on my mind). Lost & Found is a stunningly sensuous debut, an introduction, a declaration and a compendium of Smith’s artistry up to this point, and a tantalizing taste of what’s to come, it's soft, melancholic, sexy as hell, romantic and warm album yet stunning and beautiful. Emojis, emojis, emojis.

Not sure it's a $70 good album and not sure it needs a 35th box anniversary when you can have an original press for less than $10. Plus there is no I Will Always Love You, no I Have Nothing, no I Wanna Dance With Somebody, no Didn't We Almost Have It All, no I'm Every Woman, etc... Ok there is Saving All My Life For You but that's it.

And don't you dare comparing Whitney Houston debut with Jorja's (on my mind). Lost & Found is a stunningly sensuous debut, an introduction, a declaration and a compendium of Smith’s artistry up to this point, and a tantalizing taste of what’s to come, it's soft, melancholic, sexy as hell, romantic and warm album yet stunning and beautiful. Emojis, emojis, emojis.
It is a USD$70 good album! The pressing apparently sounds superb! Better than the original pressings from what someone had said on Reddit when they compared! Vinyl looks pretty and the booklet looks great! Whitney Houston has ‘You Give Good Love’, ‘Saving All My Love For You’, ‘Greateast Love Of All’ and ‘How Will I Know’! Four mega hits, three of them topping the US Billboard Charts!

But who cares about charts and hits, it’s an immaculate album. I think Jorja Smith’s Lost& Found is a good album, but nothing special! It sounds a bit boring and predictable overall in my opinion and doesn’t have any spectacular tracks on there. The mixing on that album with her vocals are a bit weak, it’s saturated a lot of the times in the production and overall, it’s a tiring listen. Jorja Smith seems to be improving though! Her latest single “By Any Means” is a stunning track vocally and the sparse production is great! I have a feeling we will get her first great album soon! 🤞

Yes, USD$70 is very expensive for a vinyl exclusive, but Whitney Houston is still an amazing album! There’s a reason why it’s literally in Rollingstones top 500 albums of All-Time.

Each to their own though I guess! 🤝😜

It is a USD$70 good album! The pressing apparently sounds superb! Better than the original pressings from what someone had said on Reddit when they compared! Vinyl looks pretty and the booklet looks great! Whitney Houston has ‘You Give Good Love’, ‘Saving All My Love For You’, ‘Greateast Love Of All’ and ‘How Will I Know’! Four mega hits, three of them topping the US Billboard Charts!

But who cares about charts and hits, it’s an immaculate album. I think Jorja Smith’s Lost& Found is a good album, but nothing special! It sounds a bit boring and predictable overall in my opinion and doesn’t have any spectacular tracks on there. The mixing on that album with her vocals are a bit weak, it’s saturated a lot of the times in the production and overall, it’s a tiring listen. Jorja Smith seems to be improving though! Her latest single “By Any Means” is a stunning track vocally and the sparse production is great! I have a feeling we will get her first great album soon! 🤞

Yes, USD$70 is very expensive for a vinyl exclusive, but Whitney Houston is still an amazing album! There’s a reason why it’s literally in Rollingstones top 500 albums of All-Time.

Each to their own though I guess! 🤝😜

It is a USD$70 good album! The pressing apparently sounds superb! Better than the original pressings from what someone had said on Reddit when they compared! Vinyl looks pretty and the booklet looks great! Whitney Houston has ‘You Give Good Love’, ‘Saving All My Love For You’, ‘Greateast Love Of All’ and ‘How Will I Know’! Four mega hits, three of them topping the US Billboard Charts! >>> Sabrina's Boys, Boys, Boys was a mega hit too, does it make her album a Classic?! Of course!

But who cares about charts and hits, it’s an immaculate album. I think Jorja Smith’s Lost& Found is a good album, but nothing special! It sounds a bit boring and predictable overall in my opinion and doesn’t have any spectacular tracks on there. The mixing on that album with her vocals are a bit weak, it’s saturated a lot of the times in the production and overall, it’s a tiring listen. Jorja Smith seems to be improving though! Her latest single “By Any Means” is a stunning track vocally and the sparse production is great! I have a feeling we will get her first great album soon! 🤞 >>> I do damn care! And how can you comment on sound quality, you purchased Britney Spear's picture discs!

Yes, USD$70 is very expensive for a vinyl exclusive, but Whitney Houston is still an amazing album! There’s a reason why it’s literally in Rollingstones top 500 albums of All-Time. >>> You can have the top 3 albums of this ranking for the same price! Definitely not worth it.

Each to their own though I guess! 🤝😜 >>> Actually I don't really care about any of these two albums, I just like to disagree with you and see how long are your posts and how many adjectives you can use in one sentence.

Back to what is important:

August > The Brooks - Any Day Now
September > Dust Lovers - Fans
October >TBC
November > TBC
December > Sam Records exclusive
January > One of the best albums of the 2010s (it's not Whitney Houston)

And how can you comment on sound quality, you purchased Britney Spear's picture discs!
I didn’t get any Britney Spears picture discs! They are all colour variants! I hate picture discs! 😂😝 Yes, the sound quality is just average on those Urban Outfitters Britney Spears exclusives, but those exclusives are super pretty and fun - just like me! 🙊💯

I have a good range of Speakers Corner, MoFi, Analogue Productions, VMP Classics, and a lot of other quality AAA pressings that sound great (and I’m getting that Sam Records package soon!), but I also like to get fun albums! I’m just like you! ☺️

I care about sound quality a lot with vinyl, but I know Britney Spears isn’t going to get the AAA, Ryan Smith treatment like what the Whitney Houston Boxset got, so that’s why I got it! It’s not like QRP or RTI or Kevin Gray or Bernie Grundman etc are going to get involved in a Britney Spears reissue! 😅💯

I’m so excited for that 2010’s Wax Buyers Club ROTM in early 2020! It’s going to be amazing! I can just feel it!

If it happens to be what I think it will be, it will be an amazing AotM. It was only available on CD and I am not even sure you can still purchase the CD anywhere so a vinyl reissue would be more than welcome! Let's see what @Edd has in his hat.

I care about sound quality a lot with vinyl, but I know Britney Spears isn’t going to get the AAA, Ryan Smith treatment like what the Whitney Houston Boxset got, so that’s why I got it! It’s not like QRP or RTI or Kevin Gray or Bernie Grundman etc are going to get involved in a Britney Spears reissue! 😅💯

I'd dispute that. I have this argument regularly about Girls Aloud too (who recorded without doubt the standout pop masterpiece of the last 20 Years if you take, well, all of 1989 out of the equation). Britney Spears may not be my bag personally but she's contributed to some of the most major chart records since the late 90's, has worked with major pop producers, major labels, has sold out stadiums, Vegas, etc regularly throughout her career and is classed as an iconic artist that is still chucking out what a proportion of the population would consider bangers today. If Grundman was given the commission and the fee he'd be all over it. The only reason she'd not get the AAA treatment is if she only ever recorded to digital.

So, as someone else once said, Leave Britney Alone

I'd dispute that. I have this argument regularly about Girls Aloud too (who recorded without doubt the standout pop masterpiece of the last 20 Years if you take, well, all of 1989 out of the equation). Britney Spears may not be my bag personally but she's contributed to some of the most major chart records since the late 90's, has worked with major pop producers, major labels, has sold out stadiums, Vegas, etc regularly throughout her career and is classed as an iconic artist that is still chucking out what a proportion of the population would consider bangers today. If Grundman was given the commission and the fee he'd be all over it. The only reason she'd not get the AAA treatment is if she only ever recorded to digital.

So, as someone else once said, Leave Britney Alone

I wouldn't mind Sound Of The Underground as our November AotM. Just sayin'

I wouldn't mind Sound Of The Underground as our November AotM. Just sayin'
It's a balls out brilliant tune. But as Biology is their standout it has to be Chemistry. Biology is wild. I read an article about how the writers and producers came up with it once and its pretty interesting. plus anything that's reviewed as 'a futuristic country and western banger' can't be anything but properly out there.

So Yeah, get Chemistry as November and the year is suddenly rescued

If it happens to be what I think it will be, it will be an amazing AotM. It was only available on CD and I am not even sure you can still purchase the CD anywhere so a vinyl reissue would be more than welcome! Let's see what @Edd has in his hat.

How do you come by this knowledge @Skalap ? Save me the time to read entire thread 👍
Oh and if you could get some Red Snapper pressed by WBC (prince Blimey or Making bones). All good.

How do you come by this knowledge @Skalap ? Save me the time to read entire thread 👍
Oh and if you could get some Red Snapper pressed by WBC (prince Blimey or Making bones). All good.

1598276392591.png

I do and almost bought the CD last year at Independant Label Market in Paris. Microcultures were selling some stuff (I used to subscribe to their club) and had Lullabies From Under The Lake for sale. By the way, if you are in contact with Microcultures, I wouldn't mind a vinyl release of Mousa first album. It's a fantastic album. Searching for Mousa's Bandcamp page, I just discovered that he released a mini album last December <3 <3 <3

EDIT: When I say it's a fantastic album, I really mean it. I would even call it an hidden gem as there are probably just a few CD copies out there sold by Microcultures. I am not even sure there is an US release of the album and it's not even on Discogs. I love this album and Microcultures subscription was worth it just for this CD.

What do you want to sell!??!?!? 🤔

And no, nice words about an album doesn’t usually convince me to buy an album! I don’t get easily persuaded at all actually. I’m just very charismatic and adventurous! 😈💯🤣
Actually, I quite like reading and learning about why I should buy an album. A little background knowledge and context can go a long way in helping me understand why an album is important!

Can I just say, I joined on Wednesday, ordering The Brooks, Skull Session, and Varech. Everything was received on Friday, internationally. Amazing.

The albums I received all look and sound superb, would recommend them all! (y)

A big thank you to @Edd and everyone here for helping to make joining WBC an easy decision. Looking forward to the coming months...!

I picked up Whitney first 2 albums in a charity store for 50p each - Vinyl in perfect condition- I think it was a fair deal 👌

Back