Wax Buyers Club

You should. Sam Records is a one man label and might be one of the best jazz label in the world. The guy is great, even if he answers his emails once a year. 😂
And since we talk about Sam Records, something BIG is coming with us by the end of the year.
OMG, YAY!!! AND I LOVE A BIG SURPRISE TOO! 🙈🎁

OMG, I'm already so hyped up for this big end-of-year announcement! 👀🤗

Please do! I would love an Idaho exclusive. Talitres catalog and roaster are great! From Emily Jane White to Micah P Hinson, Flotation Toy Warning or Raoul Vignal and Stranded Horse. Oh you know what? You should make a repress of The Organ first album!!! <3
About The Organ, I talk with Sean 3 years ago and it was impossible to repress it. Copyright stuff I really do not and don’t want to understand. :(

The label does not want make exclusive for record club. We work together at the beginning (our first release with Motorama!) when we were not able to make exclusive. Maybe Sean changes his mind.

Sam Records have so many other great releases on there website! I only recently discovered them and they look like an amazing record label that do high quality reissues, with great QC on the vinyl production side of things too! I'm definitely going order some vinyl from them in the future! 💎
Yea! I found out about them way back when they did their Thelonious Monk RSD box set. I have been singing their praises over on the jazz thread for awhile now and glad that more people are starting to get into them. They are an amazing label! I have I think about 10 of their releases now and they all sound awesome and are very high quality.

About The Organ, I talk with Sean 3 years ago and it was impossible to repress it. Copyright stuff I really do not and don’t want to understand. :(

The label does not want make exclusive for record club. We work together at the beginning (our first release with Motorama!) when we were not able to make exclusive. Maybe Sean changes his mind.

I hope so! His label is really great. Tell him one of your subscribers was wearing a Talitres t-shirt last Sunday in Bordeaux city center.

Too bad concerning The Organ. Their LP is hard to find and too expensive :(

I hope so! His label is really great. Tell him one of your subscribers was wearing a Talitres t-shirt last Sunday in Bordeaux city center.

Too bad concerning The Organ. Their LP is hard to find and too expensive :(

Well, why do you think I tried to repress it for WaxBuyers Club? Most of the repress we've made : "Well, I've no money to buy it on Discogs… let's repress it".

Last edited:
Always happy to see our records in other hands than mine.
What about the poster inside? I frame mine and this is really pretty to see.

Yeah I’m definitely framing it. I didn’t realize it had a poster and insert so those were both great surprises.

The record itself sounds immaculate, it’s a great performance. Love me some Donald Byrd :)

I’m also impressed at how quickly it made it over from France. I’m waiting on a box from the UK that went out earlier and it still hasn’t arrived yet.

Yeah I’m definitely framing it. I didn’t realize it had a poster and insert so those were both great surprises.

The record itself sounds immaculate, it’s a great performance. Love me some Donald Byrd :)

I’m also impressed at how quickly it made it over from France. I’m waiting on a box from the UK that went out earlier and it still hasn’t arrived yet.
The insert (photo by JP Leloir) is a classic with Sam Records. The poster is an exclusive for us. Fred for Sam Records has done some digging at Olympia’s Archives and it is amazing.
Also, Sam records refuses to make colored vinyl. I must say I was not sure about it because most of members want exclusive COLORED vinyl. I can not imagine this record not black after all.

About the delivery : ask @Skalap, La Poste can be pretty efficient...

The insert (photo by JP Leloir) is a classic with Sam Records. The poster is an exclusive for us. Fred for Sam Records has done some digging at Olympia’s Archives and it is amazing.
Also, Sam records refuses to make colored vinyl. I must say I was not sure about it because most of members want exclusive COLORED vinyl. I can not imagine this record not black after all.

About the delivery : ask @Skalap, La Poste can be pretty efficient...

I normally do not have issues with La Poste but shit happens. About colored vinyl, jazz records should always be black.

Thanks, I'm excited to learn more about the August ROTM and also see what's available as a swaption. I... I honestly might get Oliver Nelson if it's a swaption, even though I have the VMP version pre-ordered.

When does the new album of the month officially get announced? August 1?
I think it’s the 28th of July! Because Edd told me that I can swap my ROTM from that date (and I have 48 hours to do it). So it’s pretty similar to VMP! 🙂
Yes, our website will be up to date on July the 28th. A News Letter will be send this day to our members to announce the swaptions.
Well, it is pretty similar to the boss yes!
About Olivier Nelson, it will not be on swap before 3 months. We want to keep our exclusive... exclusive. :)
If you wish, @NewsFedora , I can put a vinyl on hold for you. No worries. It is also « buyable » for ou r members. You just have to ask. :)

Appreciate it, thanks! I’ll see what’s available on announcement day. I might go ahead and just buy it separately then.
I'll be there as well, looking at the Swaptions and will give my opinions on what I think the best ones are! I think you're absolutely going to love the August ROTM though! The Brooks' lead single "Turn Up The Sound" is a funky, quirky song that is effortlessly sexy! Also, its a 2LP album that is just going to be full of funk! I'm totally in for it! I can't wait to look at the final product when it gets announced! :love:

Here for you @NathanRicaud : almost 50 hours of our archives : Les archives du WaxBuyersClub, a playlist by waxbuyersclub on Spotify

previous years were no so bad.

;)

Edit : I must find a way to work with Talitres again.

Thanks a lot @Edd for sharing that amazing WaxBuyersClub list. It's a great way to discover some new music, even if older titles are sold out. 🎶🙂

Though I'm not a member yet, I really enjoy seeing the great customer service you give to others here. Being very frustrated by VMP repeatedly not responding to some pressing problems even after a week, it's refreshing to see how great it works for your club. 👏👍

I'm not financially able to join for 4 months at once right now as I got several preorders coming up, but I hope I'll be able to do so later this year. :) looks like an amazing club. 😍

Regarding swaps I wonder, how many older RotMs do you roughly have available for people to choose from? I assume many sell out quickly, are there still many older RotMs available?

Back