Wax Buyers Club

What do we have the following month @Edd (give us an hint please) and why did it got delayed (Covid I suppose)?
Easy : it is an autoprod band. So the pressing plant fucked up with them : they delayed it. This is why I have plan B : every time I work with small label or autoprod band pressing plant are not cool.

Hint : They were on the Hellfest 2018 line up. \m/

IRON MAIDEN confirmed!

In 2018 there was Pleymo as an headliner and Rise of the Northstar, Bukowski, Black Bomb A, Malemort, Pensées Nocturnes, Jessica93, Psykup, Benighted, The Walking Dead Orchestra, Drakwald, Hexecutor, The Great Old Ones, Hantaoma, Darkenhöld, Caïnan Dawn, Plebeian Grandstand, Voight Kampff, Breed Machine, Celeste, Fange, Uncommonmenfrommars, Burning Heads, Les Sheriff, Bunkum, Seven Hate, Pogo Car Crash Control, Misanthrope, Malkaviann The Texas Chainsaw Dust Lovers, Redemption, Carpenter Brut and Les Svinkels

All of these are French bands.

I've been a subscriber since number 53 and I've never swapped any. I actually like the fact that there are not a lot of records to swap the AotM for. I am part of a club to discover new music and if I have multiple choices to swap for other exclusives, I would more easily swap for something I already know and possibly want.
That's so good you haven't swapped any ROTM yet! I also agree that it's nice there's not too many options to swap your ROTM! There's no need to have a lot of swap options, as all the ROTM's are amazing and have so much love put into them ♥

well, I’ve been a VMP for 5 years and never swap once. Totally agree with @Skalap on this : a record club is made to discover music.
I did open swap on WaxBuyersClub mainly for people who receive a gift at Christmas for example. It turns out that swap help a lot to get new members. It is like an « assurance ». Even though I hate when people swap : I take it for myself! 😂

So, I just offer a few options (less than 15). And some of our ROTM will never be on SWAP (Dafuniks, ASM...).

fun fact : I’ve and old member, who is with us since 2015, and she’s swapping EVERY MONTH for vinyl you can find anywhere else.

In 2018 there was Pleymo as an headliner and Rise of the Northstar, Bukowski, Black Bomb A, Malemort, Pensées Nocturnes, Jessica93, Psykup, Benighted, The Walking Dead Orchestra, Drakwald, Hexecutor, The Great Old Ones, Hantaoma, Darkenhöld, Caïnan Dawn, Plebeian Grandstand, Voight Kampff, Breed Machine, Celeste, Fange, Uncommonmenfrommars, Burning Heads, Les Sheriff, Bunkum, Seven Hate, Pogo Car Crash Control, Misanthrope, Malkaviann The Texas Chainsaw Dust Lovers, Redemption, Carpenter Brut and Les Svinkels

All of these are French bands.
So many possibilities! WOW, France actually has such a strong rock/metal scene! 😱

Do you like hard rock Skalap? Like, do you love the album Songs For The Deaf by Queens Of The Stone Age?

@Edd is it possible for me to buy a copy of the Donald Byrd from you without signing up for the club? I had one in my cart from you on discogs the other day and it got sold before I could see if there were other Wax Buyer Club releases I wanted to buy from you!

@Edd is it possible for me to buy a copy of the Donald Byrd from you without signing up for the club? I had one in my cart from you on discogs the other day and it got sold before I could see if there were other Wax Buyer Club releases I wanted to buy from you!
I’m afraid it is sold out. :( Sorry.

In case you never heard of the Hellfest, it's the most amazing French festival and everybody knows I am not a Metal fan! But damn the line-up is amazing and the festival is sold-out before any announcement.

1595592384945.png
1595592434735.png
1595592481552.png

So many possibilities! WOW, France actually has such a strong rock/metal scene! 😱

Do you like hard rock Skalap? Like, do you love the album Songs For The Deaf by Queens Of The Stone Age?

I don't really like hard rock tbh. It might be the last important musical genre I can't get into. I dig some bands like QOTSA and Hybryd Theory is one of my favorite albums but there are not a lot of other albums I can listen to. Khemmis was actually a nice surprise because I enjoyed the album.

I don't really like hard rock tbh. It might be the last important musical genre I can't get into. I dig some bands like QOTSA and Hybryd Theory is one of my favorite albums but there are not a lot of other albums I can listen to. Khemmis was actually a nice surprise because I enjoyed the album.
I’m pretty sure you’ll like this ROTM. Really, REALLY, good production. Mastering is perfect (TP more than ok), and easy to listen and get into it even if you’re not in this kind of music. IMO, one of our best ROTM since 2015.

Same here, I'm not into hard rock either! I like a bit of punk; Joy Division, The Stooges & IDLES are all bands I like, but I've never been into hard rock in general. Queens Of The Stone Age are the only hard rock band I like for now!

But I'm excited for this Hard Rock Wax Buyers Club ROTM as the production, according to Edd is superb! And also, Edd saying that it's one of his best ROTM's means it will be an amazing release! :love:

I feel like there's never been a better time to be a Wax Buyers Club member! 💯

• On Fire
Reactions: Edd
I’m pretty sure you’ll like this ROTM. Really, REALLY, good production. Mastering is perfect (TP more than ok), and easy to listen and get into it even if you’re not in this kind of music. IMO, one of our best ROTM since 2015.
Same here, I'm not into hard rock either! I like a bit of punk; Joy Division, The Stooges & IDLES are all bands I like, but I've never been into hard rock in general. Queens Of The Stone Age are the only hard rock band I like for now!

But I'm excited for this Hard Rock Wax Buyers Club ROTM as the production, according to Edd is superb! And also, Edd saying that it's one of his best ROTM's means it will be an amazing release! :love:

I feel like there's never been a better time to be a Wax Buyers Club member! 💯

Again, I want to be surprised and as Khemmis surprised me I am sure Edd next pick will surprise me.

I’ll just grab the Sam Records pressing! Thanks anyway @Edd !
Sam Records have so many other great releases on there website! I only recently discovered them and they look like an amazing record label that do high quality reissues, with great QC on the vinyl production side of things too! I'm definitely going order some vinyl from them in the future! 💎

Here for you @NathanRicaud : almost 50 hours of our archives : Les archives du WaxBuyersClub, a playlist by waxbuyersclub on Spotify

previous years were no so bad.

;)

Edit : I must find a way to work with Talitres again.

Please do! I would love an Idaho exclusive. Talitres catalog and roaster are great! From Emily Jane White to Micah P Hinson, Flotation Toy Warning or Raoul Vignal and Stranded Horse. Oh you know what? You should make a repress of The Organ first album!!! <3

Sam Records have so many other great releases on there website! I only recently discovered them and they look like an amazing record label that do high quality reissues, with great QC on the vinyl production side of things too! I'm definitely going order some vinyl from them in the future! 💎
You should. Sam Records is a one man label and might be one of the best jazz label in the world. The guy is great, even if he answers his emails once a year. 😂
And since we talk about Sam Records, something BIG is coming with us by the end of the year.

Please do! I would love an Idaho exclusive. Talitres catalog and roaster are great! From Emily Jane White to Micah P Hinson, Flotation Toy Warning or Raoul Vignal and Stranded Horse. Oh you know what? You should make a repress of The Organ first album!!! <3

@NathanRicaud if you like The Smiths you'll like Grab that Gun!

Back