Wax Buyers Club

Omg, amazing Skalap! And then Dafuniks can be my September vinyl of the month! 😍

That’s way too nice of you though Skalap! But I absolutely loved that Dafuniks album so much! So it would be awesome to get the Dafuniks if you do end up getting the other shipment! 😊

There’s Discogs too and I don’t mind spending a little bit more but would rather save on the costs by having it shipped through WBC and have it as my September vinyl of the month!
Yes. Thanks (again) to @Skalap. You just have to be patient, within 30 days I'll definitly know what is lost and what is not. I always keep extra records for this, to get sure every members get his record.

Again, beware with the copies on sale on discogs : it is not our release, but french RSD release on clear vinyl (quite great as well).

Yes. Thanks (again) to @Skalap. You just have to be patient, within 30 days I'll definitly know what is lost and what is not. I always keep extra records for this, to get sure every members get his record.

Again, beware with the copies on sale on discogs : it is not our release, but french RSD release on clear vinyl (quite great as well).
Definitely take your time with Dafuniks release to ensure every member gets their copy! It’s great knowing I already have my August vinyl
Of the month selections chosen! So it won’t be around 5-6 weeks time that I can really start thinking about my September Vinyl of the Month! 👍

And I do remember you said that if I loved FunkProof, that I will love the September Vinyl of the Month! So, I just know September is going to a very funky, cool month for me 😎

Well, I'm officially a member, have Byrd in Paris set up for my first month. Never thought I'd join an international record club but here we are. :D
Welcome to the club! 🙋‍♂️😘🧸

It’s exciting and cute at the same time to be part of a small, intimate club that do really cool, left-field Vinyl of the Month’s! 💎

And we have VIP, luxe, first-class customer service too! Edd is our own special customer service rep who is also the owner/curator of the Vinyl of the Months! We are literally getting intimate, top-notch customer service! 🙌

And we have VIP, luxe, first-class customer service too! Edd is our own special customer service rep who is also the owner/curator of the Vinyl of the Months! We are literally getting intimate, top-notch customer service! 🙌

I'll try to keep it that way.
Do not worry if my answers take more time next week (here and on our website) till the end of july. It will break and family time, but you will have a feed back for sure.

I really love this album, listenning to it for 20 years and I was waiting for a repress like a child is waiting Santa at the end of the year. But maybe the many different release Tidal Waves makes for every repress is not so cool (VMP, Fatbeat, LITA, Zia, WaxBuyers).
At least, WaxBuyersClub release is exclusive for France (and very well made I must say).

Are the exclusive wax buyers clubs records different pressings, or pressed at different plants? I've had some great Tidal records, great music and great sounding, but have had a couple that didn't sound so great, which I had put down to the very many, multiple colour variations.

I am tempted to join

Are the exclusive wax buyers clubs records different pressings, or pressed at different plants? I've had some great Tidal records, great music and great sounding, but have had a couple that didn't sound so great, which I had put down to the very many, multiple colour variations.

I am tempted to join
Hi Andy,

We've been working with Tidal since 2017, on a great great Nina Simone LP. We did around 6 or 7 exclusive and try several pressing plant (Optimal, GZ in Europe, GZ in Canada, maybe on more I don't remember right now).
Some of our Nina Simone was warped, and the vinyl colour with Ofege was not what we wanted. But all of them sound so great, absolutly no problem. I'm curious which release was not good you hear. :)

If you have any questions about joining us, I'm here to help.

Hi Andy,

We've been working with Tidal since 2017, on a great great Nina Simone LP. We did around 6 or 7 exclusive and try several pressing plant (Optimal, GZ in Europe, GZ in Canada, maybe on more I don't remember right now).
Some of our Nina Simone was warped, and the vinyl colour with Ofege was not what we wanted. But all of them sound so great, absolutly no problem. I'm curious which release was not good you hear. :)

If you have any questions about joining us, I'm here to help.

Don't get me wrong, I've had some great sounding Tidal albums. I think it was the Lolletta Holloway debut that I had some issues with. It was a limited run clear vinyl, they do seem to do quiet a few very small runs of colour variants through different outlets. (there may have been another but can't rememebr)

I get pressing records is not a perfect process and you will get issues from time to time, and I'm not sure how good the original sounded either. I just wondered if the Tidal runs where done at different places for different markets. Your comment about the French ones being very well made, made me wonder if I should look out for the French pressings :)

I was looking for that Nina Simone record but wherever I saw it, it just seemed a little expensive. If Waxbuyers had any in stock I would sign up tonight :)

Don't get me wrong, I've had some great sounding Tidal albums. I think it was the Lolletta Holloway debut that I had some issues with. It was a limited run clear vinyl, they do seem to do quiet a few very small runs of colour variants through different outlets. (there may have been another but can't rememebr)

I get pressing records is not a perfect process and you will get issues from time to time, and I'm not sure how good the original sounded either. I just wondered if the Tidal runs where done at different places for different markets. Your comment about the French ones being very well made, made me wonder if I should look out for the French pressings :)

I was looking for that Nina Simone record but wherever I saw it, it just seemed a little expensive. If Waxbuyers had any in stock I would sign up tonight :)
No worries, my english is not so good so I might share my thougth in a bad way. I did not take your message like a bad think and I'm very curious about what/where/when/how a bad pressing could pop up. :)
I think our Nina Simone is gone for good… just one copy here, my own. :)

No worries, my english is not so good so I might share my thougth in a bad way. I did not take your message like a bad think and I'm very curious about what/where/when/how a bad pressing could pop up. :)
I think our Nina Simone is gone for good… just one copy here, my own. :)

You're English is great.

And, I had no expectations of fining Nina Simone, other than in a second hand shop :)

Hey @Edd , ive been looking at your copy of Skull Session on discogs and the shipping seems to be 12€ , if i add another record it jumps to 22€.
is this correct ?

cheers
Are you interested in joining the club for 4 months Bazookatooth! I’m like already obsessed! 😂😂😂

And you now what’s so good! Getting the Wax Buyers Club exclusive of Oliver Nelson’s Skull Session and knowing I don’t have to worry about trying to get the VMP variant! Especially as the Wax Buyers Club exclusive looks amazing! And I also love the fact that it’s a ‘Vinyl of the Month’ too and is 180g! ♥️💎👏👏👏

Are you interested in joining the club for 4 months Bazookatooth! I’m like already obsessed! 😂😂😂

And you now what’s so good! Getting the Wax Buyers Club exclusive of Oliver Nelson’s Skull Session and knowing I don’t have to worry about trying to get the VMP variant! Especially as the Wax Buyers Club exclusive looks amazing! And I also love the fact that it’s a ‘Vinyl of the Month’ too and is 180g! ♥💎👏👏👏

im not really interested. i like what they do though. i dont feel like commiting to it for 4 months .

Hey @Edd , ive been looking at your copy of Skull Session on discogs and the shipping seems to be 12€ , if i add another record it jumps to 22€.
is this correct ?

cheers

Hi,

Well, to be honnest I'm not very good with discogs and have absolutly no clue to how I can preset the shipping stuff correctly!

So, for 2 vinyl on discogs, you'll be charge for 12€. Just to be sure : which country are you from?

Last thing : I'm doing our last shipping for july by tomorrow. Next 2 weeks will be holidays for me, which means 24/48 hrs to get an answer here and our on website and no shipping.

And you now what’s so good! Getting the Wax Buyers Club exclusive of Oliver Nelson’s Skull Session and knowing I don’t have to worry about trying to get the VMP variant! Especially as the Wax Buyers Club exclusive looks amazing! And I also love the fact that it’s a ‘Vinyl of the Month’ too and is 180g! ♥💎👏👏👏

Once again, many thanks. :)

I really hope you'll like it!
im not really interested. i like what they do though. i dont feel like commiting to it for 4 months .

Thanks, we also have 12 months membership. 😂

Bad news : we have a problem with our August release. So we postpone it in September.
Good news : Because we are switching it with our September release, August is gonna be Fuuuuuuuuunky.
(Really : sending an exclusive release each month is bloody difficult. Not having a Plan B-C and D is suicidal)

Ah ah I think it does work. Just spent 2 hours figure it how. So you have to earn your listening! 😀
Maybe it is my Spotify actually that is a bit funny! I'll wait and see how everyone else goes with accessing the link! 🙇‍♂️

• Laughing
Reactions: Edd
Back