Wax Buyers Club

ASM's music is a matter of taste (I love it, but to each his own) but it's objectively WBC best package to this day : awesome colour variant, amazing sound and unique screenprinted sleeve.
Yeah, the colour variant for that release looks absolutely marvellous! I loved the marble colour variant! It really made me go “wow, this is a really pretty variant”! 😍🌟

Well, that’s great to know the ASM WBC exclusive sounds great! Thanks for letting me know about that ChristoBee! Maybe it’ll be really fun to spin the album actually now that I think about it ! I’m going to give the album a more dedicated listen soon! 🎧 ✍️

Yeah, it’s gone for good unfortunately! I was super keen on grabbing it but it’s sold out! The colour variant looks beautiful and it’s seems like a spectacular vinyl of the month! Wish I never missed out on it! 😩🐌

Really sorry my explanations was not clear enough, but yes : We do have some H. Texier Varech left in stock. :)

Surprised you didn’t recommend the Wax Buyers Club to me earlier @Skalap! It’s such an awesome club and I’m so happy you are like the Needles&Grooves representative we can go to for questions/thoughts etc! 👍🥰
In France, we call that "se garder les bons coins à champignons". 😂
Yeah, the colour variant for that release looks absolutely marvellous! I loved the marble colour variant! It really made me go “wow, this is a really pretty variant”! 😍🌟

Well, that’s great to know the ASM WBC exclusive sounds great! Thanks for letting me know about that ChristoBee! Maybe it’ll be really fun to spin the album actually now that I think about it ! I’m going to give the album a more dedicated listen soon! 🎧

This release, I'm so proud of it. A real honnor to work with chinese man records. They are real indepedant, even if they have been called by major company several times. They are all doing by themselves, and each of their record are great. I did try to work with them a lot this past 5 years, and when they said yes, they take it very seriously. Amazing. The good news is we are working with them once again by the en of 2020. ;)

Really sorry my explanations was not clear enough, but yes : We do have some H. Texier Varech left in stock. :)
That’s totally fine Ed! I’m so happy to hear you have some of Henri Texier’s ‘Varech’ left in stock! That’s awesome! 😁🙌

Are you able to leave one copy aside for me? I’ll have ‘Varech’ as my August vinyl of the month (and will add another 1LP vinyl of the month for August), so then it’s not a heavy package for August (the same as July)! Thank you! 😊

That would be awesome to get Henri Texier’s “Varech” as its meditative, comforting, and reminds me of nature/travelling! 🏆

When the August vinyl of the month is announced at the end of July, I’ll message you Ed to make sure I get Varech as my vinyl of the month (if possible)! 😍🔥

Reactions: Edd
@Skalap - Help me! I'm joining now and want your recommendations on what vinyl of the months to choose (any vinyl of the month from June 2019, so any VOTM after Henri Texier)! I'm getting FunkProof, but want to know what others have been your favourite VOTM's from June 2019!
I'm also interested in your recommendations @Skalap. Not able to join soon, but definitely interested to learn more about it. 🙂

My top three is Byrd in Paris (a Sam Record reissue, beautiful pressing, beautiful package), Baston and ASM. I am almost certain Dafuniks will enter in this top three as soon as I am back from holidays. As @Edd suggested, I would recommend Chinese Man records in WBC's shop as well. Groove Sessions Vol. 1 is a hip-hop /dub/electronic French classic and Chinese Man are one of the best live band in Europe imo.

Yeah, it’s gone for good unfortunately! I was super keen on grabbing it but it’s sold out! The colour variant looks beautiful and it’s seems like a spectacular vinyl of the month! Wish I never missed out on it! 😩🐌

Surprised you didn’t recommend the Wax Buyers Club to me earlier @Skalap! It’s such an awesome club and I’m so happy you are like the Needles&Grooves representative we can go to for questions/thoughts etc! 👍🥰

I mean... I opened this thread, right? Follow the leader man :ROFLMAO: 🙈🙈

In France, we call that "se garder les bons coins à champignons". 😂

This release, I'm so proud of it. A real honnor to work with chinese man records. They are real indepedant, even if they have been called by major company several times. They are all doing by themselves, and each of their record are great. I did try to work with them a lot this past 5 years, and when they said yes, they take it very seriously. Amazing. The good news is we are working with them once again by the en of 2020. ;)

I want to add that @Edd is a really great guy and it's fantastic to have him here with us. He answers all your questions and possible concerns very quickly and I have nothing but a great customer experience to share since I joined for Texier more than a year ago. Last thing, WBC shop is agreat opportunity if you want to listen to more French music. Don't hesitate to ask me or @ChristoBee for suggestions if you want to add a record to your monthly package (don't ask @Edd, he will tell you to purchase every single record).

That’s totally fine Ed! I’m so happy to hear you have some of Henri Texier’s ‘Varech’ left in stock! That’s awesome! 😁🙌

Are you able to leave one copy aside for me? I’ll have ‘Varech’ as my August vinyl of the month (and will add another 1LP vinyl of the month for August), so then it’s not a heavy package for August (the same as July)! Thank you! 😊

That would be awesome to get Henri Texier’s “Varech” as its meditative, comforting, and reminds me of nature/travelling! 🏆

When the August vinyl of the month is announced at the end of July, I’ll message you Ed to make sure I get Varech as my vinyl of the month (if possible)! 😍🔥
Your copy is put aside. No Worries. :)

…Don't hesitate to ask me or @ChristoBee for suggestions if you want to add a record to your monthly package (don't ask @Edd, he will tell you to purchase every single record).

Well I've just advise no to do so… because shipping load of records outside of Europe is really expensive and customs could be painfull. 😂
But I'll certainly advise each one of you to take every WBC's ROTM still available, for sure! ;)

Well I've just advise no to do so… because shipping load of records outside of Europe is really expensive and customs could be painfull. 😂
But I'll certainly advise each one of you to take every WBC's ROTM still available, for sure! ;)

Oops...

Thank you so much Ed for keeping a copy of Varech aside for me! I’m so happy I already know what my August vinyl of the month will be 😂🙏

If possible, I’m going to add “Dafuniks” on top of my August Vinyl of the Month (Varech). It is a 2LP however, so if that’s not possible, I’ll be adding Donald Byrd on top of Henri Texier instead! 🔥🔥🔥

Omg @Skalap - I’m listening to Dafuniks and it’s such a vibe! Like I cannot miss out on this June Vinyl of the Month! It’s such a jazzy/soulful hip-hop album that is a hidden gem! 💎 I am obsessed with Dafuniks‘ “Enter The Sideshow Groove”! It’s marvellous! 💯

Thank you so much Ed for keeping a copy of Varech aside for me! I’m so happy I already know what my August vinyl of the month will be 😂🙏

If possible, I’m going to add “Dafuniks” on top of my August Vinyl of the Month (Varech). It is a 2LP however, so if that’s not possible, I’ll be adding Donald Byrd on top of Henri Texier instead! 🔥🔥🔥

Omg @Skalap - I’m listening to Dafuniks and it’s such a vibe! Like I cannot miss out on this June Vinyl of the Month! It’s such a jazzy/soulful hip-hop album that is a hidden gem! 💎 I am obsessed with Dafuniks‘ “Enter The Sideshow Groove”! It’s marvellous! 💯

Texier will be on Swap list for the last time in August, but if you want it with our August ROTM it will be possible, like Funk Proof.
I have to check our stock for Byrd, we are very low stock (3-4).
And… this will be a disappointment for Dafuniks but we are out of stock for the moment. I had to book some of them because shipping have been a mess this month I don't know why ( Coucou @Skalap ) Beware if you look for our version on discogs : a lot of sellers put it on it but it is not the same release. Ours is Red and Yellow, them is clear (same master thought). They are so lazy they did not create a new release.

My top three is Byrd in Paris (a Sam Record reissue, beautiful pressing, beautiful package), Baston and ASM. I am almost certain Dafuniks will enter in this top three as soon as I am back from holidays. As @Edd suggested, I would recommend Chinese Man records in WBC's shop as well. Groove Sessions Vol. 1 is a hip-hop /dub/electronic French classic and Chinese Man are one of the best live band in Europe imo.
Thank you Skalap! I’ve noted all of this down and it’s stored in my brain 🧠

Ed is a really sweet guy! I am really heart-warmed by his passion for the WBC’s vinyl of the months! I love his pride and passion for it! Customer service from him was A+ too! So genuine, helpful and patient with me ☺

And you know what Skalap! Now we’re going to be interacting together so much more on this forum! As we both love WBC, we’ll be on the same thread often! I really missed your company! 🙊🙈🐣

Texier will be on Swap list for the last time in August, but if you want it with our August ROTM it will be possible, like Funk Proof.
And… this will be a disappointment for Dafuniks but we are out of stock for the moment. I had to book some of them because shipping have been a mess this month I don't know why ( Coucou @Skalap ) Beware if you look for our version on discogs : a lot of sellers put it on it but it is not the same release. Ours is Red and Yellow, them is clear (same master thought). They are so lazy they did not create a new release.
Ok done! I will be getting Varech for my August vinyl of the month. Then next week when I get paid, you can send me a paypal invoice like you did with FunkProof for me to add the Donald Byrd on top. I’ll message you next week Ed when I’m ready to pay the PayPal invoice for Donald Byrd 😄

You know what Ed!?!? I’M SO HAPPY I have become a member right now! Because if I did become a member next month, I would have already missed out on Henri Texier and Donald Byrd! It’s like perfect timing for me 🙏🙌

OMG NOOOOOOO! I really hope you get some stock for Dafuniks at least in a few weeks time In the future Ed! That vinyl of the month is amazing! I NEED IT! 🙋‍♂️😂👀

Easy… we'are not a 10 000 members club!
Mmmmm that’s what I love about your club! It’s so much more genuine like that! And it’s amazing knowing I’m talking to the person who is the leader of the Wax Buyers Club! I feel like I am in safe hands that way! 🧸

I feel like Wax Buyers Club is really cool and hipster too! Like it’s really trendy, alternative, arty and good-looking! And I love that! 🤙

I'm getting FunkProof and Oliver Nelson! I just had a really good chat with Ed and I'm so excited to receive the vinyl of the months I chose! 180g, amazing colour variants and Tidal Waves! Highly recommend getting into it when you can Bluecloud777! 😄(y)

Glad you’re getting Oliver Nelson! Such an amazing album and like I said in the VMP thread, the WBC variant looks amazing.

Is Byrd in Paris still available? I was thinking of joining a 4-month international subscription and normally I'd be all over that Oliver Nelson if I hadn't already pre-ordered from VMP. So I just wanted to see if Byrd was something I could sign up for and have as my first month's choice.

Edit: Oh man, and you all did Wax Tailor back in 2017? I've been missing out. :(

Is Byrd in Paris still available? I was thinking of joining a 4-month international subscription and normally I'd be all over that Oliver Nelson if I hadn't already pre-ordered from VMP. So I just wanted to see if Byrd was something I could sign up for and have as my first month's choice.

Edit: Oh man, and you all did Wax Tailor back in 2017? I've been missing out. :(
Hello,
We do have some left, very low stock. The thing is you can not swap your first vinyl, but please add a note on your order and I will make it for you.
You can use the chat box on the website for this : if is not the middle of the night here you ll have instant answer. If not, write your email and you ll get later. :)
Yes it was great to work with him. I might have some signed poster left. I have to check.

I've already secured a copy to go with my August vinyl of the month! (I am getting Henri Texier's "Varech" as my August VOTM. I am then adding Donald Byrd on top of Henri Texier)! @Skalap said the Donald Byrd is a beautiful sounding pressing and it's one of his favourite Wax Buyers Club VOTM's so far! 💎

PS - I would've loved to have picked up the Wax Tailor "Hope & Sorrow" WBC exclusive too....

Funny story about our Wax Tailor Release back in 2017. I sent an email to Wax Tailor a year before, I was sure he will not answer. A week or two later, he call me back on my cell phone. You must know I'm a fan of the guy for years, you can imagine how I felt at the moment.

We talked for weeks about making a very cool exclusive for another LP, "Tales of the Forgotten Melodies". It should have been an exclusive color variant on white vinyl. Deal is done and a few weeks later, I receive the shipment. "Et là, c'est le drame", when I open it, not the right LP, and on black vinyl.

We were short in time, and Wax Tailor was not very comprehensive. Well, we finally manage to make a great exclusive for our members with a nice slipmat and a great big signed poster, thanks to him. I will never know if Wax Tailor did it on purpose or not, but one thing is sure I will miss forever the white vinyl for Tales of The Forgotten Melodies"!

Next time, I'll tell the time we've received a little box of CD instead of a stack of vinyl. 😂

If I end receiving the lost parcel with Dafuniks I'll have it sent back to you so you can ship the extra copy to @NathanRicaud with his next shipment.

Funny story about our Wax Tailor Release back in 2017. I sent an email to Wax Tailor a year before, I was sure he will not answer. A week or two later, he call me back on my cell phone. You must know I'm a fan of the guy for years, you can imagine how I felt at the moment.

We talked for weeks about making a very cool exclusive for another LP, "Tales of the Forgotten Melodies". It should have been an exclusive color variant on white vinyl. Deal is done and a few weeks later, I receive the shipment. "Et là, c'est le drame", when I open it, not the right LP, and on black vinyl.

We were short in time, and Wax Tailor was not very comprehensive. Well, we finally manage to make a great exclusive for our members with a nice slipmat and a great big signed poster, thanks to him. I will never know if Wax Tailor did it on purpose or not, but one thing is sure I will miss forever the white vinyl for Tales of The Forgotten Melodies"!

Next time, I'll tell the time we've received a little box of CD instead of a stack of vinyl. 😂

Wax Tailor is a cool guy. I met him a couple of times back in the days when I was a volunteer in a concert venue. He is very humble and his shows are amazing full of videos, lighr effects and real musicians. I must admit that I lost his track but Tales of the Forgotten Melodies is a classic. Everybody knows Que Sera but my favorite song from this album is Where My Heart's At.

If I end receiving the lost parcel with Dafuniks I'll have it sent back to you so you can ship the extra copy to @NathanRicaud with his next shipment.
Omg, amazing Skalap! And then Dafuniks can be my September vinyl of the month! 😍

That’s way too nice of you though Skalap! But I absolutely loved that Dafuniks album so much! So it would be awesome to get the Dafuniks if you do end up getting the other shipment! 😊

There’s Discogs too and I don’t mind spending a little bit more but would rather save on the costs by having it shipped through WBC and have it as my September vinyl of the month!

Back