Wax Buyers Club

If you like Baston you may enjoy other (what I call) dirty rock French bands like Pneu, Electric Electric, Marvin or Papier Tigre. A few years ago they started playing all together as La Colonie de Vacances. Every band was playing in a corner, the crowd was in the middle and bands were playing at the same time. I had the chance to go to one of their show and it was a great experience:

Thanks, I'll have a listen to those! My knowledge of current French bands (besides the underground streetpunk / oi scene that I still follow), is limited to whatever appears in the Frustration and Born Bad Facebook feeds!

Reactions: Edd
Time for hints?

Sorry for the delay : I just received 1000 kilos of mailer… had to make some room for this and Wax Buyers Club is not so big.

Well, what can I say about this great record in March? Maybe about the label? I think this is the only french label in France that is work on analogic master tape for their recording.

Reactions: Jan
Sorry for the delay : I just received 1000 kilos of mailer… had to make some room for this and Wax Buyers Club is not so big.

Well, what can I say about this great record in March? Maybe about the label? I think this is the only french label in France that is work on analogic master tape for their recording.

So, where is @Skalap ?

Maybe Heavenly Sweetness? They reissued a few BN records from analog tapes. If so, maybe the AOTM is David Walters - Soleil Kréyol released on Feb 24th.

Maybe Heavenly Sweetness? They reissued a few BN records from analog tapes. If so, maybe the AOTM is David Walters - Soleil Kréyol released on Feb 24th.

but from the wording it seems that the label themselves records to analogue tape. that would Point against a reissue

but from the wording it seems that the label themselves records to analogue tape. that would Point against a reissue

This is not a reissue, it's a new album featuring Seun Kuti, Ibrahim Maalouf and Vincent Segal. I can't remember any other French label doing this except Sam Records but I can't see WBC doing a second AOTM with them a couple of months after Byrd's record.

Reactions: Jan
Well, it is not Heavenly Sweetness Records. I did not know about their recording on analog tapes. I must keep them on my list for future ROTM.
Sam records will came back @ WaxBuyersClub maybe by the end of the year with a incredible release.

I'll give the link by the 28th of february : Great French Soul, with a young american girl form Wisconsin. Some songs in french, some in English. Very proud of this.

Hi there. I sincerely hope everybody is ok, at home with their family.

2 things :
- Some of you already know : we had to postpone all our shipping from France because of COVID 19. Every order is taken and prepared, and we will send whenever it will be possible. Our next 3 record of the month are in stock, wonderfull and we can't wait to share them with our members.
- Here a pic of our april record. Easy to find!

ET4P9zUWkAADQHu.jpeg

Back