Wax Buyers Club

Hi Everyone.

Did I ever tell you that I love Flexidisc? Well, our february RoTM will be delivered with an exclusive color flexidisc.
I am also fond of them because the first things i could ever play myself on my dads turntable were flexidiscs thst woulfd be in mickey mouse or other kids comic books with little stories or songs.

Well, for those who like Krautrock and Coldwave music, you can figure out what is our RoTM over here!

I just had a quick listen to their Primates single. It seems than, once more, WBC will introduce me to an artist that I'd have probably never checked but I'm likely to enjoy a lot! Well done @Edd 👍

(Not sure about others but I'm pretty lazy in terms of discovery and mostly listen to the same bands / genres than 20y ago. So I really enjoy the curation / discovery experience I got with WBC, as well as VMP for their non soul/jazz classics, to go outside my comfort zone).

I just had a quick listen to their Primates single. It seems than, once more, WBC will introduce me to an artist that I'd have probably never checked but I'm likely to enjoy a lot! Well done @Edd 👍

(Not sure about others but I'm pretty lazy in terms of discovery and mostly listen to the same bands / genres than 20y ago. So I really enjoy the curation / discovery experience I got with WBC, as well as VMP for their non soul/jazz classics, to go outside my comfort zone).

If you like Baston you may enjoy other (what I call) dirty rock French bands like Pneu, Electric Electric, Marvin or Papier Tigre. A few years ago they started playing all together as La Colonie de Vacances. Every band was playing in a corner, the crowd was in the middle and bands were playing at the same time. I had the chance to go to one of their show and it was a great experience:

Thanks @apassant. This is the really purpose of this club. Some of the artists I love the most has been curated by my record dealer a long time ago… He just told me "listen to this kid", with his big voice. And I don't mean major artist.

I might think that if I did not start this club 5 years ago, I will be in the same situation. We all have some lazy listening routine, haven't we? :) And Streaming algorithm are not helping.

If you like Baston you may enjoy other (what I call) dirty rock French bands like Pneu, Electric Electric, Marvin or Papier Tigre. A few years ago they started playing all together as La Colonie de Vacances. Every bannd was playing in a corner, the crowd was in the middle and bands were playing at the same time. I had the chance to go to one of their show and it was a great experience:

Primates, the first LP on Baston is really different than their first EP 3 years ago. But Wouah! so lucky are you to have seen Electric and Pneu live!

Primates, the first LP on Baston is really different than their first EP 3 years ago. But Wouah! so lucky are you to have seen Electric and Pneu live!

Both at the same time, one in each ear!

Reactions: Edd
We all have some lazy listening routine, haven't we? :) And Streaming algorithm are not helping.

Exactly. They're good at suggesting me some new post-punk albums when I play IDLES on repeat, but not yet adventurous enough to play a Carribbean funk/calypso band 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: Edd
Back