Wax Buyers Club

Many thanks for this review. We'd like so much to be able to send our vinyl to international for much less money even it is impossible right now.
If you can listen and enjoy our curation on streaming service, this is really good news.

We do try to choose different genres each month, even if we've a thing for Soul/funk, Jazz and HipHop.

The main thing of WaxBuyersClub is to work with independant labels and artists. Some are more famous, but some like Wizard Must Die are just 3 guys in their garage and no label. But they sound HEAVY. For the record the drummer and soud enginner is Christophe Hoggomat from Texas Chainsaw Dust Lover (Disque du mois - Mai - 2016 – Wax Buyers Club).

Maybe you can listen to French 79 also, who just released his second album last week.
Motorama, our first ROTM, great cold wave from Russia on Talitres Records (French Label), deserve a dig.

About The Young Sinclairs, it is an enigma for me as well. Every thing they have done is great but I share your feeling. You might thing is 2 different band on some tracks. Their label is Requiem Pour Un Twister, managed by 2 brothers.

I might find a reedeem code for FunkProof. Send me PM if you want. :)

PLEASE : continue to post more impressions. :)

A little early to tease everybody here but december is about to be jazzy.

Thanks so much for the response! How cool to have input with the heads of the club. I'll check out French 79. The Young Sinclairs - like 2 different bands made an album and the listener gets to figure out which song was by which band. Lol. It's a trip to listen to the first time - you don't have any clue if you're getting poppy rock or shoegaze until the song starts.

A few more listens last night:

The Bongo Hop - fun stuff! This is a genre I always dig but am not hugely familiar with.

DJ Vadim - this isn't for me. I don't like Dubstep or reggae or dancehall. I don't know why, it's just a sound I can't get into.

Brace! Brace! - Frantic rock. I'm going to have to give this another listen. I didn't absorb this on my first listen.

Ofege - YES!!! This is the shit. This is the curation I need and want.

Elysian Fields - here's a female artist! I think Spotify describes it best - a mix of Mazzy Star and PJ Harvey. Another one I want to listen to a bit more.

This is a fun exercise! So many new artists and genres to explore.

Thanks so much for the response! How cool to have input with the heads of the club.

My pleasure, really. Talking about music is pretty much what I enjoy the most after listening to it.

I'll check out French 79. The Young Sinclairs - like 2 different bands made an album and the listener gets to figure out which song was by which band. Lol. It's a trip to listen to the first time - you don't have any clue if you're getting poppy rock or shoegaze until the song starts.

A few more listens last night:

The Bongo Hop - fun stuff! This is a genre I always dig but am not hugely familiar with.

DJ Vadim - this isn't for me. I don't like Dubstep or reggae or dancehall. I don't know why, it's just a sound I can't get into.

Brace! Brace! - Frantic rock. I'm going to have to give this another listen. I didn't absorb this on my first listen.

Ofege - YES!!! This is the shit. This is the curation I need and want.

Elysian Fields - here's a female artist! I think Spotify describes it best - a mix of Mazzy Star and PJ Harvey. Another one I want to listen to a bit more.

This is a fun exercise! So many new artists and genres to explore.

Our selection is pretty wide, so it is difficult to make everybody happy. Dubstep music is a thing. You love it or your hate it. We choose to work with DJ Vadim for 2 reasons if I remember well :
- the cover is a piece of art (I read a LOT of comics)
- Have you ever heard One Self? An HipHop album on NinjaTune, in 2005. My record dealer told me to get it, and he was blast for me. This album is produced by DJ Vadim. Since then I pretty much listen to everything that is connected with him. You made me think that I only have One Self on CD. Must find it on Vinyl. :)

Yes Elysian Fieds is a female artist! She did work with a french artist in 2004, Jean-Louis Murat : "A bird on a Poire". Really nice LP as well.
But you're more than right : there is not even woman in our selection. But please take a listen to The Buttshakers and The Adelians. Funk/Soul Band with a female singer. This is huge.
And we did have a great ROTM with Nina Simone. ;)

Our Ofege Release is not available any more, maybe on discogs? I'm pretty sure Tidal Waves Music got it on Black vinyl for US, and I can remember a special release at VMP. For the record : they were 16 years old when they make this great album!

My pleasure, really. Talking about music is pretty much what I enjoy the most after listening to it.

Our selection is pretty wide, so it is difficult to make everybody happy. Dubstep music is a thing. You love it or your hate it. We choose to work with DJ Vadim for 2 reasons if I remember well :
- the cover is a piece of art (I read a LOT of comics)
- Have you ever heard One Self? An HipHop album on NinjaTune, in 2005. My record dealer told me to get it, and he was blast for me. This album is produced by DJ Vadim. Since then I pretty much listen to everything that is connected with him. You made me think that I only have One Self on CD. Must find it on Vinyl. :)

Yes Elysian Fieds is a female artist! She did work with a french artist in 2004, Jean-Louis Murat : "A bird on a Poire". Really nice LP as well.
But you're more than right : there is not even woman in our selection. But please take a listen to The Buttshakers and The Adelians. Funk/Soul Band with a female singer. This is huge.
And we did have a great ROTM with Nina Simone. ;)

Our Ofege Release is not available any more, maybe on discogs? I'm pretty sure Tidal Waves Music got it on Black vinyl for US, and I can remember a special release at VMP. For the record : they were 16 years old when they make this great album!
I have not heard One Self and I certainly will check it out. The cover of the DJ Vadim album you all had is really cool, I definitely agree.

And thank you for the other recommendations! 16 years old? Wow! That's amazing. I was not that cool at all when I was 16. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Edd
P

Ok. Sam Records is a damn good label.

I had this record under my radar for quite a good time but then it went OOS and didn't wanted to pay the 2nd market price. When I saw it was supposed to be repressed I placed the records under the radar again. You can imagine how happy I am with this pick. If you can add the second volume to the shop, it will be an instabuy for me.

I had this record under my radar for quite a good time but then it went OOS and didn't wanted to pay the 2nd market price. When I saw it was supposed to be repressed I placed the records under the radar again. You can imagine how happy I am with this pick. If you can add the second volume to the shop, it will be an instabuy for me.

I got the second volume, so great.
I let you know for sure.

this is great if you’re happy with this release.

Bonjour @Edd ,
Byrd in Paris will me my third sipment. Does the sub auto-rnew or do i have to purchase another sub?

Bonjour @Edd ,
Byrd in Paris will me my third sipment. Does the sub auto-rnew or do i have to purchase another sub?
Only our mensuel subscription is auto-rnew. You'll receive a mail by the end of december to renew, it you wish to do it. :)

Back