Vinyl Storage Recommendation

Got some of the turntable revival spacers. Turned up today. Really nice results. Glad I got the skinny though, the normal would have had a few of the boxes sticking out!

View attachment 161587View attachment 161588
Nice! Coincidentally, I just emailed them for an update on my order today - been waiting almost four weeks now. Apparently they are out of stock and nothing shipping until January at the earliest. 👎🏻

I used the stickers they came with and they have all come unglued so I might take a hot glue gun to them. Agree they are great though. Not sure if you had better luck with attaching them to your shelves

noticing the same thing.

They didn’t send me stickers so I just went out and bought some gorilla double sided heavy duty tape…

Beavis_and_Butthead.jpg.webp

I used the stickers they came with and they have all come unglued so I might take a hot glue gun to them. Agree they are great though. Not sure if you had better luck with attaching them to your shelves
I found using the stickers made it difficult to line them up evenly. They would stick immediately and then I couldn't adjust them, because the adhesive was strong. So I used wood glue and clamps. It took longer but no issues so far.

Hello!

I’m new to this thread so my apologies if this has been discussed already. I just picked up a new shelving unit which has floating shelves without any edge walls or anything to separate/support the records from side to side. Does anyone have any suggestions on some sturdy dividers which could provide an edge like bookends on each end and provide some support in the middle as well?

Any advice is appreciated!

Hello!

I’m new to this thread so my apologies if this has been discussed already. I just picked up a new shelving unit which has floating shelves without any edge walls or anything to separate/support the records from side to side. Does anyone have any suggestions on some sturdy dividers which could provide an edge like bookends on each end and provide some support in the middle as well?

I'd be a little scared to try to prop up records on a floating shelf because if the bookend/whatever you decide on slips, probably looking at some damage to the sleeves. Not sure how high you plan on putting them, or if something like a flipbin would make sense (might be too deep though).

but i'm also a bit OCD about my records so take what i say with a grain of salt!

I'd be a little scared to try to prop up records on a floating shelf because if the bookend/whatever you decide on slips, probably looking at some damage to the sleeves. Not sure how high you plan on putting them, or if something like a flipbin would make sense (might be too deep though).

but i'm also a bit OCD about my records so take what i say with a grain of salt. This is the shelf for reference.
This is the shelf for reference.

Maybe floating isn’t the right way to describe them. I’d just be putting the records on the bottom shelf. But your point is valid for sure. The bookends will need to be sturdy. But they usually go underneath the records/books as well so the weight on the bottom part is supposed to keep them upright I think? Definitely need something sturdy.

Maybe floating isn’t the right way to describe them. I’d just be putting the records on the bottom shelf. But your point is valid for sure. The bookends will need to be sturdy. But they usually go underneath the records/books as well so the weight on the bottom part is supposed to keep them upright I think? Definitely need something sturdy.
For sure going to need some of those metal bookends/supports like the libraries use. And probably a lot of intermediate ones to take the load off the end ones.

Ah gotcha-- was thinking it was a floating shelf attached to a wall. cool shelf! don't have any specific tall bookends in mind but can let you know if i come across any! my wife and i were looking for bookends (for books) recently so might come across something that could work for you.

Hello!

I’d check out your local antique store for old bookends as they can be pretty weighty (and perhaps give a unique look). I think you’re fine as long as there is enough weight.

Since Dividers are part of Storage I decided to post on this thread. Hope i am right with this

Recently made these Vinyl Dividers / separators.

They are made of thick paper board which is hard to bend as is 3 mm thick.
Did not use wood or acrylic to keep the cost down as once put in use they are hardly visible and for the price i sell it's absolutely worth to make in that material.
But i can understand few would not prefer in this as it's matter of individual taste as well.
I give a set of sticker along with the dividers and sell in set of 26, 13 and 7 and also make custom stickers if anyone wants to store genre wise or artist wise.

The dividers can be used with shelebs as well as crates

IMG-20230114-WA0051.jpgIMG-20230114-WA0048.jpgIMG-20230114-WA0049.jpgIMG-20230114-WA0047.jpgIMG-20230114-WA0052.jpgIMG-20230114-WA0053.jpgIMG-20230114-WA0046.jpgIMG-20230114-WA0050.jpg

These will probably destroy your aesthetics, but you might find something like this useful - Amazon - Shelf dividers. I saw several different types, (material, color and sizes), offered with a quick search. Good luck!

These will probably destroy your aesthetics, but you might find something like this useful - Amazon - Shelf dividers. I saw several different types, (material, color and sizes), offered with a quick search. Good luck!
Those are pretty cool! The shelves themselves are really thick though so I don’t think these in particular will work since they are for .75in thickness or less. Thank you for the suggestion!

Sitting in my Zoom meeting thinking about how this guy has the perfect listening room and doesn't even know it. I wager you could store 10000-2000 records on those built ins, put the record player on that daybed with some isolation platforms and BAM!Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 8.43.32 AM.png

Sitting in my Zoom meeting thinking about how this guy has the perfect listening room and doesn't even know it. I wager you could store 10000-2000 records on those built ins, put the record player on that daybed with some isolation platforms and BAM!View attachment 166692
I'm more amazed that he has seemingly decorated the shelves with a series of randomly sized unlabeled boxes. Like, where do you even find that many of those, and why are you displaying them as if they aren't just a bunch of recycling that hasn't been thrown out yet. This picture depresses me. WAKE UP SCRIBBLE FACED MAN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE

I'm more amazed that he has seemingly decorated the shelves with a series of randomly sized unlabeled boxes. Like, where do you even find that many of those, and why are you displaying them as if they aren't just a bunch of recycling that hasn't been thrown out yet. This picture depresses me. WAKE UP SCRIBBLE FACED MAN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE
That room screams repressed serial killer

Back